If

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No...and showed you.
2 John 1:
[2] For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

Forever, for ever.....same thing.

ONE came down from heaven. Jesus.
Saved souls, Quickened spirits go to heaven...Human body’s return to dust.
so go with that, ok with me :)

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you expect people to be perfect like Jesus was/is? Then your standards for how others should live is full of condemnation.

Of course not I didn't say anything like that, but you cant just pretend either, What if someone is full of condemnation but put on an act when others are watching, pretending to be someone else when in reality they are nothing like Jesus at all, As Jesus puts it

Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If everyone operated by the Holy Spirit all the time, it would be possible to always tell the truth. However the present reality is mixed ideological/spiritual influences present within all persons, which impact our judgement of what is the truth and to tempt us to sin. Jesus is the only such person I'm aware of that has ever lived to have overcome all temptation, and hence he also overcame all ideological/spiritual influences not of God by my reckoning.
We need to strive to be like Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you all really jousting over what eternal salvation is?
i dunno about jousting? There are just diff povs i guess
As long as you are seeking as earnestly as you know how, that should prolly be what matters?
Fwiw imo there's at least one Bible verse to refute any incorrect doctrine, but they are often disregarded

i would of course be tickled (literally to death) if you guys were right about "death, more abundantly"
prolly better if you search without the comma tho i guess

Reactions: Abigail and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
It wasnt till we heard the calvinist doctrine that we realized how wrong arminianism is.
Which of those two is then carnal according to what Paul wrote here?

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:3-7

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not I didn't say anything like that, but you cant just pretend either, What if someone is full of condemnation but put on an act when others are watching, pretending to be someone else when in reality they are nothing like Jesus at all, As Jesus puts it

Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
Well I think you have an agenda @HisLife and if you want to continue to chase my posts down in order to demean or patronize my beliefs then that is trolling. I won't participate in your attempt to attack me in any way. And your use of scripture has nothing to do with my post or this thread.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do believe calvinism is Biblically correct, and i also believe it is the most convicting doctrine there is. If a person doesnt see themselves as the truly evil person that God sees us as, how could we ever understand the need for a Saviour?
You know that's not unique to Calvinism, right? That parts no different among classic Arminians.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fwiw imo there's at least one Bible verse to refute any incorrect doctrine, but they are often disregarded

All men are “individuals”....what men think, believe, do, do not do....all is per the “individual”.

I definitely “discard”, others “DICTATING” to/for me personally, Scriptural doctrines that DO NOT apply to me.

All Scripture is TRUE.
The BIG PICTURE of an individual having the KNOWLEDGE provided in Scripture; IS the individual Freely Choosing WHICH Scriptural Knowledge he Desires to HAVE Apply to himself, and DO the ACTS, to make Such Scriptural Knowledge Apply to himself....and by default, OTHER Scriptural Knowledge DOES NOT thereafter Apply to himself.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and if it's in English, you better have a pound of salt handy lol

I wrote that the Bible is 100% Biblical. Not John MacArthur. Not the WCF. The Bible only.

I have no idea what your "pound of salt" reply means. I'm not curing meat.

Reactions: Cassandra

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All men are “individuals”....what men think, believe, do, do not do....all is per the “individual”.

I definitely “discard”, others “DICTATING” to/for me personally, Scriptural doctrines that DO NOT apply to me.

All Scripture is TRUE.
The BIG PICTURE of an individual having the KNOWLEDGE provided in Scripture; IS the individual Freely Choosing WHICH Scriptural Knowledge he Desires to HAVE Apply to himself, and DO the ACTS, to make Such Scriptural Knowledge Apply to himself....and by default, OTHER Scriptural Knowledge DOES NOT thereafter Apply to himself.
well, you are still very gnostic, and that might possibly change at some point

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I wrote that the Bible is 100% Biblical. Not John MacArthur. Not the WCF. The Bible only.

I have no idea what your "pound of salt" reply means. I'm not curing meat.
ok, but i mean “the Bible” as we know it didnt exist then? And Paul likely wrote “All writings are useful for instruction…” anyway—he referred to several extra-Biblical writings even—and they were in Aramiac mostly, i guess, not English, where “lost in translation” can be a factor

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, but i mean “the Bible” as we know it didnt exist then? And Paul likely wrote “All writings are useful for instruction…” anyway—he referred to several extra-Biblical writings even—and they were in Aramiac mostly, i guess, not English, where “lost in translation” can be a factor

care to elaborate on “several extra-Biblical writings”??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you are still very gnostic, and that might possibly change at some point

You are the second today to call me that....Seems Gnostic authorities are making their presence known. Personally I don’t know what Gnosticism is or delve into their beliefs....as you and @Pierac seem to have an infatuation with them.