I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we can walk with him there, and sometimes enter heaven for a bit.

excellent!
My friend says holiness is a place - where God is- rather than a state and God takes you into that place sometimes. And we know there is no sin in Him. So it’s walking in holiness.

I’ve wanted for a long time to go find those verses that talk about…something like…if a priest brushes against a dead body does he become dirty and something about if he’s carrying some meat does the meat become dirty….I’ll find it later.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They get to Judgement Day, and God is like, "I'm sorry, you didn't actually get dunked or sprinkled with water in either the Protestant or Roman Catholic Church, am I right on that?" Yeah, unfortunately you're not saved, so...to hell with you...literally."
You have made a very serious error of judgment if you think I believe that if a person does not get water baptized they go to hell.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris seemed to assume a verse he quoted HAD to be talking about water, so I asked why he assumed that. Then Enoch also assumed it had to be water, so I pointed out that some people received the baptism of the Holy Spirit when apostles laid hands on them. When one man saw that, he even offered to give them money if they would lay hands on him. So…I was not so much getting at anything, was just wondering why they assumed it had to be water being spoken of.
Because Jesus commands his disciples to baptize. That can't mean the Holy Spirit. Jesus himself does that (man can't do that), and he doesn't need water to do that.

"11I baptize you with waterb for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Matthew 3:11

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ashamed of my past, but I was alone and the Church had completely failed me--utterly.
There is the church of the world, and there is the true church. The church of the world failed you.
When I was born again I had eyes to see the real church. I didn't need to invent one. It already existed. It was just hidden in plain sight.
People need to be pointed to the real church. For me I found it in the local Full Gospel Church. There are other such churches where a person can meet the real church - God's real believers. The gates of Hades has not overcome the real church, and it never will. Don't invent a new church. Just plug into the real one that already exists.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus commands his disciples to baptize. That can't mean the Holy Spirit. Jesus himself does that (man can't do that), and he doesn't need water to do that.

"11I baptize you with waterb for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Matthew 3:11

so when they layed hands on men and they received the Holy Spirit, God was not working through them? Is the other man right and perhaps their hands were wet?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My real question was why it was assumed water was being spoken of. I don’t think Jesus was commanding about water in the verse.
That is NOT an assumption. That is exactly what Christ commanded -- water baptism for those who believed. And that is exactly why Peter commanded water baptism in Acts 10. You cannot interpret Matthew 28:19 in any other way. Now there are some who believe that water baptism is essential for salvation, and that is completely false. However, it is essential for sanctification -- the first step of sanctification.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s okay. You can’t hear what I am saying. You are in defense mode, thinking I’m saying something awful that the Holy Spirit baptism was given through the laying on of the apostles hands. It’s okay.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so when they layed hands on men and they received the Holy Spirit, God was not working through them?
Yes, God was working through them. But Jesus is doing the baptizing in the Spirit, not the man. John made this very clear, He (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:11), in contrast to MEN baptizing with water. So when Jesus sent his disciples out to baptize he was talking about water baptism. How would a man baptize a person in the Holy Spirit? All a man can do is lay his hands on a person and Jesus send the Holy Spirit through that laying on of hands, immersing them in the Holy Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
excellent!
My friend says holiness is a place - where God is- rather than a state and God takes you into that place sometimes. And we know there is no sin in Him. So it’s walking in holiness.

I’ve wanted for a long time to go find those verses that talk about…something like…if a priest brushes against a dead body does he become dirty and something about if he’s carrying some meat does the meat become dirty….I’ll find it later.
And it says HE DOES , God is using that to expose their hyprocrisy .
I think its in jeremiah , but it could be issiah or another one . yeah i have read that my dear sister .
THEY were doing eactly what THIS generation is doing . MIXING THE UNHOLY in with the HOLY . And GOD was using
that example to show them their own hyprocrisy . cause they knew well that if a preist touched a dead body
he would be considered unclean , YET THEY WERE MIXING the HOLY with the UNHOLY . JUST LIKE the ALL INCLUSIVE RELIGON IS DOING .
Talk about hyprocrisy . GOD told them in another place , HEY if you want to serve baal , THEN GO DO IT
ONLY LEAVE my name out of it .
SO HERE is what i have to say to this sold out generation . STOP trying to CLAIM JESUS and then say that muslims and buddits
and athiests will also be saved ,if they have love . ITS ALL a farce . AND we better never BUY that LIE .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual discernment is real my friend . I was not falsely accusing this man . I SEEN what i seen .
Guess you might be seeing it too . I did what i could to alert us fast .
I saw what he was right from the start.
Even he knows when he says he uses astrology and astral projection that's going to be extremely inflammatory and provocative right from the get-go. He himself made it clear that he is not a part of our system of Christianity.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw what he was right from the start.
Even he knows when he says he uses astrology and astral projection that's going to be extremely inflammatory and provocative right from the get-go. He himself made it clear that he is not a part of our system of Christianity.
His doctrine is very dangerous . It can influence some who are not built up in the LORD .
The guy is probably a very nice guy , but that dont make him any less dangerous . POINT that man to Christ , the doctrine
in that bible . And if one wont hear , well do what JESUS said to do .

Reactions: Pearl
Status
Not open for further replies.