I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other hand, we study Veridican astrology, dream interpretation, astral projection, prophecy, and miracle-working. Classic Christians often have a problem with that. But our spiritual practices come from our belief that we are spiritual descendants of the Magi who were astrologers and the first to find Christ born into the world, to hail Him as a king and to protect him from Herod.
This definitely puts you outside of classical, traditional Christianity. Occult practices of pagan religions are expressly forbidden because they are expressly forbidden in the Old Testament scriptures, which Jesus supported and endorsed completely.

It's completely understood that an alien is welcome to join the community of God's people, but also completely understood that the pagan practices of that alien would have to end and the practices of the community of God's people adopted. The same law is to be for Jew and non-Jew alike.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We even adopt a star as our symbol rather than a cross because that star represents the Star of Bethlehem the Magi followed to find Christ
I found it interesting that an anchor was the symbol of the church for the first 400 years of the church. And that was based on the hope of Jesus being the anchor of the soul spoken of here...

"19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where Jesus our forerunner has entered on our behalf." Hebrews 6:19-20

This is actually what made me wonder what you do with the book of Hebrews. We really don't know who wrote it. It can't be rejected on the basis of it being written by one of the Apostles, or by Paul. Because we don't know, definitively, who wrote it. And it seems from Hebrews 2:3 that it's neither Apostolic or Pauline in origin.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are vastly different from the traditional Church in many respects. We practice our spirituality differently
Many religions understand 'practicing spirituality' as meaning practicing correct and approved ceremonies and procedures and beliefs about worship. Even many people within historical, classical Christianity view spirituality that way, and believe that 'true' spirituality consists of proper religious procedures. That's simply not what spirituality is. Spirituality is being like God in character. The boast, for lack of a better word, of being 'spiritual' is that you are like God in character, not in how you 'do church'. Jesus was very clear that his people and his representatives are, ultimately, identified by their character, not by their teachings. Though, surely, any teaching outside of Jesus' teachings would instantly preclude them from being considered spiritually acceptable to God. But within his teachings, one's character reveals if you are spiritually acceptable and belong to God.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious: What do you think we become when we are born again? What changes? If I was a Homo Sapiens Sapiens when I became saved, what did I become after that?

I'm off to bed now, but I will check this tomorrow. It's been a true blessing to talk with you tonight, Taken.
hug1.gif

I can not speak to what a “Homo Sapiens Sapiens” declares he is and then what he becomes...being “Homo Sapiens Sapiens”, is a man-made term, basically meaning a human being, that is discerning, wise, sensible...and depending on an individuals belief of classification, history, drifts into the connection to primates, extinctions, modern man, newborn babes, (discerning, wise, sensible, eh no)....Not my cup of tea.

I believe God created creatures classified as Kinds of things.
Expressly Terrestrial (Earthly) Animal-Kind of creatures and Expressly Terrestrial (Earthly) Man-Kind of creatures, (created out of and sharing the same habitat/estate/ ie Earth)
Regardless of any similarities, (which one could expect, since both are created out of the same one Earth, and both require the same elements of the earth and water to maintain their Earthly Life)....one is not the other.
A man so created, in the image and likeness of God.
An animal, is not revealed in the image or likeness of God.

Regarding a terrestrial (Earthly) man kind of creature...that Becomes Born Again...it is a long list of “IF”, “THEN”, “THIS”, “THAT” “WHO”, “WHAT”, “WHEN”, “WHY”, before “Born Again” is accomplished...(considering, every terrestrial (Earthly) man kind of creature...is an individual, with Freewill, to make choices of WHAT shall apply to him.)

IF, you classify yourself as a “Homo Sapiens, Sapiens”, I have no Scriptural Verification to “that kind of creature” becoming born again.

Okay, Good night, sleep well,

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, you still remain you. I mean, it sounds like humility but really it's a kind of hatred of Christ. A kind of arrogance. You would never give up who you are to be what He is. You want your life.

Yes I remain me...
“with” restoration/salvation of my soul, through Jesus;
“with” a RE-born spirit of the Seed of God;
“with” a transformed body by the Power of God, who is Christ
WHICH THEREAFTER...
I “me” am...”WITH” the Lord God Almighty.

It is in NO WAY, a hatred of Christ, to submit to Christ.
I find it NO WAY an arrogance to trust, accept, and be in full assurance and confidence of Gods Truth.
(Arrogance would be, me purporting MY Truth trumps Gods Truth, which is not remotely the case.)
I find that utterly false, to say I would not give up my life, when I precisely laid down my life in crucifixion WITH Him.

Do you believe when Jesus laid down His Life, He was no longer Jesus?

And I'm not judging. I really am not. I totally get what you are saying. But at some point, we have to realize that we are corrupt and dying. We cannot live forever like we are. I am not fully Christ at this time in my life. It's one of my greatest regrets because I've been the founder of this, and I have traveled so many divergent paths trying to find Christ that I have wasted most of my life. But I am sprouting. I am a germinating seed of Christ, and what I don't accomplish here, I believe he will let me accomplish after my physical death. So, I'm not judging you at all. I would bet that I'm a worse sinner than you have ever been. I would bet on that. But here I stand.

Not a big secret ...
The moment we are naturally born, the phenomenon is while we are beginning our natural life, we are also beginning our natural death, aging, day by day.
And the parallel is, the moment we are naturally born alive, we are spiritually dead to God.
And BY and THROUGH and because OF Gods Grace...we can Become spiritually alive “IN” and “WITH” Christ.

The world teaches to NOT Judge, NOT Discriminate...(and be Accepting of Despicable things)
The Word of God teaches TO “rightly” Judge, TO Choose this, not Choose that, Which is to be Discriminating, and TO NOT be Accepting of all things.
(So your concern that I might be concerned of you Judging me, is irrelevant, no worry for you, not a concern to me.)

I will NEVER BE Christ. Christ IS the Power of God. Gods Power IS His Glory. God “GIVES” His Glory to No one.
Gods GRACE....Gives me the Freewill, to Choose, to Have His Power, WITH me, and His Glory Reflect ON me.

I don’t dwell on, mull over my sin. It is already Forgiven, Covered, Remembered no more By God, so also LIKE Him, I do not carry a burden.. God Himself has resolved.
* Sin IS the endless reminder, and burden Men OF this world like to drag around with themselves AND finger point, tongue wag and accuse OTHER men. ie...the old saying misery loves company.
* That also is irrelevant to me. I know exactly what I have chosen, according to Gods Word and am confidant in Gods Faithfulness and my Standing WITH the Lord God Almighty.

It’s a matter of God By His Grace has Given ALL of mankind “Tastes” of Him, and Offered all of mankind A “way”, to “Eat”, be Filled “WITH” Him.
All men “enjoy” the “tastes”....blessing, gifts, beauty, joys, etc.
Few men “choose” to “eat”.....and increase what He has and desires to increase men “WITH”.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as a belief system is understood to be completely outside of the pale of traditional Christian orthodoxy exchanges can remain cordial. It's when something is perceived as invading or undermining Christianity itself, from within, that's when it can get dicey, lol.

Agree. As well men undermining men, as if your adversary is an authority on what you think and believe and feel the need to speak for you...:rolleyes:
also stirs the pot.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, and if I get kicked out of the forum for doing so, then so be it. Veridicans follow ONLY Jesus Christ, so we reject most of the Holy Bible, except for the Gospels and Revelation. We prepare for the end times, which have been happening since Jesus left, but now, like birth pains, are getting exponentially closer. We practice spiritual gifts like prophecy and astral projection. We believe that we become what Christ was--we become Christ. And this is accomplished through our ritual of the Eucharist. We are astrologers, and we examine the stars and planets to determine the forces God has placed upon the earth. In other words, we look for His signs in the stars, just like the Magi did.

We are the elect. We are the chosen. We are the one sheep the shepherd leaves the rest of the flock to find. We are the 144,000. We are one with Christ, and as such, we are one with God. He is our Father, and we are His Son.

This church, while dormant for a long time, began in 1993 as a response to the Waco tragedy. It has come alive in response to the vaccine tyrany today. The bottom line is, we are facing the end times. Civilization has less than 100 years, and we are the bride of Christ preparing ourselves for the coming Kingdom of God on Earth.

That's Veridicanism in a nutshell.
Did you know the writer of the gospel of Luke is the same as the book of Acts?

Why throw out Acts?

You do realize that the very core of your belief system was created to cause you to disobey Acts 2:38 and not be saved as the early church was, right?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two parts to me: There is me and there is Christ. But I am a useless nothing, and I am dying every day more and more. But the me that is Christ, is eternal. It unifies with Christ and that is like a religious ecstasy. I can't wait for this body to die, for then I will be one with Christ and there will be no separation between us. Actually, that is already the case, but I can't see it. Nevertheless, the Holy Spirit tells me it is so. So, I believe it.
So far I see nothing here, to the extent you've explained it, that is different than traditional Christianity.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is hard for me to explain heavenly things. It's hard for me to tell you how I died 28 years ago and was reborn as a seed of Christ. Keep this in mind: If you won't become one with Christ. If you won't die and become what He is; how can you ever be His disciple. How can you ever say you actually love him?
Again, to the extent you've explained your belief here, it's very much in line with traditional Christianity.

I think where the rub will come in is in the matter of occult practices, and the matter of the partaking of the elements and how they relate to being born again.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why throw out Acts?

You do realize that the very core of your belief system was created to cause you to disobey Acts 2:38 and not be saved as the early church was, right?
He rejects the teachings of the Apostles. So I think it's kind of a waste of time to quote them. Make your case from the gospels and the old testament scriptures. Start with what he knows and respects. Like when witnessing to a Jew. Use what a person knows and accepts to lead them to further learning.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He rejects the teachings of the Apostles. So I think it's kind of a waste of time to quote them. Make your case from the gospels and the old testament scriptures. Start with what he knows and respects. Like when witnessing to a Jew. Use what a person knows and accepts to lead them to further learning.
He seems to reject some teachings, but not other apostolic teachings....all designed to get him to disqualify Acts 2:38.

Can't you see this massive network of all faux Christian belief systems yet?

I do, they are all designed to hide mankind from Acts 2:38.

From RCC doctrine to Mormonism, and everything in between.

The devil is playing mankind for fools.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine, and if I get kicked out of the forum for doing so, then so be it. Veridicans follow ONLY Jesus Christ, so we reject most of the Holy Bible, except for the Gospels and Revelation. We prepare for the end times, which have been happening since Jesus left, but now, like birth pains, are getting exponentially closer. We practice spiritual gifts like prophecy and astral projection. We believe that we become what Christ was--we become Christ. And this is accomplished through our ritual of the Eucharist. We are astrologers, and we examine the stars and planets to determine the forces God has placed upon the earth. In other words, we look for His signs in the stars, just like the Magi did.

We are the elect. We are the chosen. We are the one sheep the shepherd leaves the rest of the flock to find. We are the 144,000. We are one with Christ, and as such, we are one with God. He is our Father, and we are His Son.

This church, while dormant for a long time, began in 1993 as a response to the Waco tragedy. It has come alive in response to the vaccine tyrany today. The bottom line is, we are facing the end times. Civilization has less than 100 years, and we are the bride of Christ preparing ourselves for the coming Kingdom of God on Earth.

That's Veridicanism in a nutshell.

Thanks for explaining your position clearly.
I’m not a big fan of ideologies that rose from Waco Texas but welcome aboard.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He seems to reject some teachings, but not other apostolic teachings....all designed to get him to disqualify Acts 2:38.

Personally, I don't see Christian churches rejecting water baptism. So it's kind of a non-issue. Only a few Christians aren't water baptized, and their reasons for not getting baptized aren't usually spiritual, they are practical reasons. Especially among women who don't want to get baptized (make-up running, etc.).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I don't see Christian churches rejecting water baptism. So it's kind of a non-issue. Only a few Christians aren't water baptized, and their reasons for not getting baptized aren't usually spiritual, they are practical reasons. Especially among women who don't want to get baptized (make-up running, etc.).
Nearly all Christians per capita reject(disqualify) Acts 2:38.

How can you not see that?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am specifically speaking of water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins per Acts 2:38(per Peter in Acts 2, 8, 10 and Paul in Acts 19).

Not, what the Mormons, RCC or baptists etc, say.

They reject the Apostles just like the OP does.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you keep Jesus' command to be water baptized?

No, because Jesus doesn't command that. In fact, baptism is a bit mysterious from Jesus' teachings. It's not water; it's something else. It seems to be a kind of test in one's life, perhaps even a test that is before them from the day they are born, and one has to go through it. Jesus said in Luke 12:

49. I have come to ignite a fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
50. But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished!

Jesus needed to be baptized by John in the water, because that's how John was doing it. But water baptism is a symbol of something else. The problem I find with it is that one can think it is important in itself and then ignore that real baptism God has for each of our lives.

I'm not opposed to water baptism, at all. It's just that in Veridicanism all atonement and salvation is accomplished through the Veridican Eucharist.

Thank you for your reply.

Interesting you were sparked to start your journey as you mention after the Waco incident.
Post #27 you said; “you have to be Christ”.
Would you say that was a similar teaching of David Koresh, that he applied to himself?
Did you study “Koresh”, his teachings, that inspired your “spiritual walk” ?

Curious.

In fact, I do know a great deal about David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. As much as I am on their side, I think David Koresh got it wrong theologically. He applied it wrong. We ALL are to be Christ, not any one man. So, he saw himself as Christ, but he failed to realize that his mission was not that of a new Messiah. Jesus Christ was the Messiah. But all that notwithstanding, there would not be Veridicanism or a Veridican Church had David Koresh and the other 75 Branch Davidians not died at Mount Carmel on April 19, 1993. The Veridican Church is a direct result of the events at Waco, Texas.

We (and by We, I mean those in Christ) better wake up. We better check the oil in our lamps, we better start looking up, because the end is coming. The tribulation is not far off. It's like birth pains, you know? At first they are far apart and then they start coming closer and closer together. The baby's about to be delivered.

Which makes me want to know what you do with the Old Testament scriptures, since that gift is prophesied, or at least alluded to, in the OT. Jesus endorsed the Old Testament canon of scripture as we know and accept them today, fully and totally. Do you?

Veridicans maintain the entire Holy Bible. All of the extra-Gospel books are necessary for historical understanding and context--and wisdom. So, I have many Bibles. The Veridican Church canonizes only the Gospels, and Revelation. But yeah, I mean, like studying Matthew 24 requires one to also study the book of Daniel for instance.

This definitely puts you outside of classical, traditional Christianity. Occult practices of pagan religions are expressly forbidden because they are expressly forbidden in the Old Testament scriptures, which Jesus supported and endorsed completely.

We don't do any pagan occult practices. All our spiritual practices are in the Gospels. I've been asked not to talk about them by the admin, so I'm not going to. But I would suggest you study up a bit more before swinging so wide.

It's completely understood that an alien is welcome to join the community of God's people, but also completely understood that the pagan practices of that alien would have to end and the practices of the community of God's people adopted. The same law is to be for Jew and non-Jew alike.

I'm not a pagan, and I'm not an alien. But because I'm new to the forum, I'm not going to counter-punch on that and talk about what I see in your walk with God. Suffice to say, it's you who chooses to be anonymous and "alien" in this forum. I'm using my full name and identity.

I found it interesting that an anchor was the symbol of the church for the first 400 years of the church. And that was based on the hope of Jesus being the anchor of the soul spoken of here...

"19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where Jesus our forerunner has entered on our behalf." Hebrews 6:19-20

This is actually what made me wonder what you do with the book of Hebrews. We really don't know who wrote it. It can't be rejected on the basis of it being written by one of the Apostles, or by Paul. Because we don't know, definitively, who wrote it. And it seems from Hebrews 2:3 that it's neither Apostolic or Pauline in origin.

The letter to the Hebrews is a letter from a Jewish Christian to other Jewish Christians to strengthen their faith.

Many religions understand 'practicing spirituality' as meaning practicing correct and approved ceremonies and procedures and beliefs about worship.

Gotta stop you there...Jesus was clear that we were to do the miracles He did. Granted, we went with science instead of faith, so now our faith is this tiny withered raisin in our soul, so we can barely trust God enough to get us down the freeway safely, but nevertheless, we were supposed to be miracle workers.

I can not speak to what a “Homo Sapiens Sapiens” declares he is and then what he becomes...being “Homo Sapiens Sapiens”, is a man-made term, basically meaning a human being, that is discerning, wise, sensible...and depending on an individuals belief of classification, history, drifts into the connection to primates, extinctions, modern man, newborn babes, (discerning, wise, sensible, eh no)....Not my cup of tea.

I believe God created creatures classified as Kinds of things.
Expressly Terrestrial (Earthly) Animal-Kind of creatures and Expressly Terrestrial (Earthly) Man-Kind of creatures, (created out of and sharing the same habitat/estate/ ie Earth)
Regardless of any similarities, (which one could expect, since both are created out of the same one Earth, and both require the same elements of the earth and water to maintain their Earthly Life)....one is not the other.
A man so created, in the image and likeness of God.
An animal, is not revealed in the image or likeness of God.

Regarding a terrestrial (Earthly) man kind of creature...that Becomes Born Again...it is a long list of “IF”, “THEN”, “THIS”, “THAT” “WHO”, “WHAT”, “WHEN”, “WHY”, before “Born Again” is accomplished...(considering, every terrestrial (Earthly) man kind of creature...is an individual, with Freewill, to make choices of WHAT shall apply to him.)

IF, you classify yourself as a “Homo Sapiens, Sapiens”, I have no Scriptural Verification to “that kind of creature” becoming born again.

Okay, Good night, sleep well,

Glory to God,
Taken

Truly, I have no idea what you're saying, my friend. I'm sorry.
nixweiss.gif

Why throw out Acts?

I don't throw out Acts. In fact, the Book of Acts, Chapter 5, is very very important to my take on the early apostles, and it convinces me that the Gospels were written to counter the "acts" of the apostles.

I don't reject them at all. And I greatly respect the entire Holy Bible, and I'm not a Jew. And I think you're becoming insulting now.

Acts 2:38 (NIV 1984 ed.)

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I don't actually like Peter--at all--but this verse is absolutely true. Or, at least, I would say that I absolutely agree with it. In fact, I even think it represents very much what baptism is. "baptized in the name of Jesus Christ." Now, think about that. What does it mean to take on the name of another person?

We don't reject the Bible. We canonize the life and teachings of Jesus Christ ONLY. Because Jesus is our ONLY teacher. We don't throw out the Bible, we positively confess the life and teachings of our only Lord, who is the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
takeabow.gif
So, I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread for now and explore the rest of the forum. The admin said I could post in any of the boards, so I am going to go and see what conversations are going on there. If you're interested in knowing more, you can always e-mail me, or send me your email address and I'll e-mail you, whatever, and then we can talk about whatever you like, but in this forum, I will try to respect the rules and not discuss things the admin would rather I don't discuss. Thanis for the welcome, everyone. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed. The practice of astral projection, together with adherence to the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas and writing one of his own entitled "The Gospel of the Veridicans" is a very spiritually dangerous concoction, particularly when he has made numerous references to being an offshoot of the Branch Davidians.

I can't say as any orthodox Christian forum is going to be able to tolerate that package for too long, not even this one.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Agreed. The practice of astral projection, together with adherence to the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas and writing one of his own entitled "The Gospel of the Veridicans" is a very spiritually dangerous concoction, particularly when he has made numerous references to being an offshoot of the Branch Davidians.

I can't say as any orthodox Christian forum is going to be able to tolerate that package for too long, not even this one.

It's the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it's not a new Gospel, it's a Gospel harmony. And I'm not an offshoot of the Branch Davidians. And my understanding is I can be in the non-Christian boards, which I am happy to stay in. I mean, you choose for your avatar the image of a Roman soldier with a bloody sword. Seriously? In a Christian forum? Whatever. I fully anticipate being kicked out--I always am.

Reactions: Waiting on him
Status
Not open for further replies.