I'm noticing a trend of thread hijackings and posters following other posters to new threads to continue old arguments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that threads oftentimes segue into different topics and it's understandable. However, it's a bit rude to go into someone's brand-new thread and immediately go off-topic and/or bring up disagreements from other threads. It seems that the intent and, indeed, the result is to destroy the thread/discussion. It's not healthy for a discussion community. I already had to request that one newly created thread be deleted after two members came in and immediately went off-topic and destroyed the thread. Should first-page thread hijackings/disruptions be reported? Thank you.

@Angelina
@lforrest
@Nancy
@Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that threads oftentimes segue into different topics and it's understandable. However, it's a bit rude to go into someone's brand-new thread and immediately go off-topic and/or bring up disagreements from other threads. It seems that the intent and, indeed, the result is to destroy the thread/discussion. It's not healthy for a discussion community. I already had to request that one newly created thread be deleted after two members came in and immediately went off-topic and destroyed the thread. Should first-page thread hijackings/disruptions be reported? Thank you.

@Angelina
@lforrest
@Nancy
@Rita
Hi Patrick,
You can report any post that is off topic.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @Patrick1966. it seems that you are having a beef at me in this thread.

If it is alright for you to do what you are complaining about, then you should also expect others to follow your lead.

You have an agenda to push your belief that eventually everyone goes to heaven even after they have been judged and sent off to the Lake of Fire, because God loves everybody. You have this "so called right" to do so, but with that privilege there is also the responsibility to present all the facts surrounding what you post.

Now was presenting the facts concerning the poll you started wrong in that you did not declare your interest in the outcome.

Now were you honest in declaring that I was a hater of you to which I responded that that comment would get the thread closed.

You have continually used false arguments to push your agenda to twist God's word to say what it does not say but what you would like God's words to say.

Now God does not need me to defend His word, that is acting God like, but God does give us the words to use when we are taken to court in the public arena of opinion for what we believe, to defend what we believe, when we are belittled by people who hold to a very different theological opinion as to what God's scriptures actually state.

God does not enjoy the fact that people chose to reject His love and His Son and end up in the lake of fire. You have stated in a number of thread that God is torturing those people, who have rejected Him, in the Lake of fire until they come to their senses and that when they do God takes them from the Lake of Fire and brings them into Heaven.

In the parable of Lazares and the Rich man, both made decision while they were drawing breath that had consequences. Lazares' choices meant that He end up lying upon Abraham's bosom, while the rich man came to understand the consequences of his choice and asked if he could go back to his relatives to warn them to choose to love God instead of rejecting God's love like he had done. The response to the rich Man's request was to deny it because the rich man's relatives have the same means of reading the scriptures as he had had and have the ability to choose whether they choice to Love God and live eternally after they breathe their last or go to the Lake of fire at the time of judgement.

The question that God has for you is, "Is God fair in allowing people to choose their fate between enjoying Everlasting life or the Lake of Fire where there is much grinding of teeth.

I have made my choice while I am still able to draw breath. Have you made your choice while you are still able to draw breath to have ever lasting life.

Now what you accept as being true is what you will be judged upon in the fruit that you bring with you when you are judged to be righteous or not.

I can weep over the choice that you present as having made and attempt to encourage you to draw nearer to God and His Love and to accept God's terms.

In the Parable found in Luke 14, when the leadership of the Jews see Jesus judging the kings of the earth at Armageddon, they send a delegation to Him to seek out His terms of Peace. Jesus then goes on to talk about the saltiness of the salt that they need to be and if that salt has lost its saltiness, then it is thrown out onto the dung heap because it is useless.

Patrick, do you know what God's terms of peace between you and Him are and are you being compliant with them? The final choice is yours to make. I too will be judged upon the choice that I make and the fruit of my labours for Him.

Amen.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now were you honest in declaring that I was a hater of you to which I responded that that comment would get the thread closed.
Yes, I was. Did you forget that you claimed that I had "taken the mark" and "Jesus will make you suffer"?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I was. Did you forget that you claimed that I had "taken the mark" and "Jesus will make you suffer"?

Book, chapter and verse from God's scriptures, please, that states that you cannot take Satan's Mark at this present time and that this is not shown by the fruit that we produce or that we will not grind your teeth when we are sent into the Lake of Fire because of our own free choices to reject God on His Terms.

Now you are the one who is claiming that Jesus is torturing people by sending them to the Lake of Fire and stating that this is not the God that you believe in as you claim that God is all loving, but God cannot be omnipotent and all loving unless there are consequences for the free will choices that we make.

Showing more favour to one sinner than another is not "all loving." Twisting God's scriptures so that it is more acceptable for us respectively is what I am hearing you are doing. This practice also carries over to how you misrepresent people as well.

If a person challenges "your belief system," you claim that they hate you whereas they are actually showing you love.

Our Freedom is a consequence of our right relationship with God on His terms and not on our respective terms. We cannot make peace with God on our respective terms, period.

Jesus told the Israelites in Luke 14 that if they lose their saltiness, that they will be thrown out onto the dung heap because they will have become useless and ineffective. This came after they had asked for His terms of Peace in the parable, he had just told them.

Unless we are prepared to die for what we believe, by taking up our cross, then we cannot be His disciples. If we try and take up our cross by constructing our own "temple/religious understanding," then we will fail and become the laughingstock of the people who live around us.

Patrick, I know the choices that I have made. What are the choices that you are making?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Book, chapter and verse from God's scriptures, please, that states that you cannot take Satan's Mark at this present time and that this is not shown by the fruit that we produce or that we will not grind your teeth when we are sent into the Lake of Fire because of our own free choices to reject God on His Terms.

Now you are the one who is claiming that Jesus is torturing people by sending them to the Lake of Fire and stating that this is not the God that you believe in as you claim that God is all loving, but God cannot be omnipotent and all loving unless there are consequences for the free will choices that we make.

Showing more favour to one sinner than another is not "all loving." Twisting God's scriptures so that it is more acceptable for us respectively is what I am hearing you are doing. This practice also carries over to how you misrepresent people as well.

If a person challenges "your belief system," you claim that they hate you whereas they are actually showing you love.

Our Freedom is a consequence of our right relationship with God on His terms and not on our respective terms. We cannot make peace with God on our respective terms, period.

Jesus told the Israelites in Luke 14 that if they lose their saltiness, that they will be thrown out onto the dung heap because they will have become useless and ineffective. This came after they had asked for His terms of Peace in the parable, he had just told them.

Unless we are prepared to die for what we believe, by taking up our cross, then we cannot be His disciples. If we try and take up our cross by constructing our own "temple/religious understanding," then we will fail and become the laughingstock of the people who live around us.

Patrick, I know the choices that I have made. What are the choices that you are making?

I don't mind the discussion but I believe it's unhealthy for this community when people go into newly created threads and immediately hijack them. It deters people from clicking, reading, and responding to the topic and then they go elsewhere and the forum is diminished or even dies.

That's the topic of this thread, not your obsessive fixation with me.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't mind the discussion but I believe it's unhealthy for this community when people go into newly created threads and immediately hijack them. It deters people from clicking, reading, and responding to the topic and then they go elsewhere and the forum is diminished or even dies.

That's the topic of this thread, not your obsessive fixation with me.

You are such a "woke" person.

It is the false theology that you are presenting that I object to. My posts are not directed at you personally.

My daughter showed me this side of her "Christian" walk. I could not say that her belief system was wrong because that is what she believes is right in her understanding and that I should not tell her that she is wrong.

When I began to back out of the conversation, she kept going on about it is wrong to tell her that she is wrong when she was.

Patrick, it seems to me that you believe that you are right and that it is not okay for people who have a very different theological understanding from you, to tell you that it is wrong.

I do not have the silk tongue that you use.

What you are helping me do is to increase the number of posts that I have.

That is what I like about you.

Have a nice day now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also notice that people are making loooong posts. I'll bet most just gloss over and don't read them. Keep the answers short and simple.
I likewise prefer a more conversational tone. Though I can post long too!

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did notice @Patrick1966 that you get offended easily when people present counter arguments and sometimes take it personally. Sorry if I have offended you. I know we don't agree on doctrinal issues, but we can still be friendly. Cheers!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did notice @Patrick1966 that you get offended easily when people present counter arguments and sometimes take it personally. Sorry if I have offended you. I know we don't agree on doctrinal issues, but we can still be friendly. Cheers!

And here you are taking shots at me. What I remember most about you is when you asked for prayers and I responded and told you that I had prayed for you and then I wished you well. Shortly thereafter in a separate thread, you disagreed with my view and attacked me personally.

Thanks for the laugh.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here you are taking shots at me. What I remember most about you is when you asked for prayers and I responded and told you that I had prayed for you and then I wished you well. Shortly thereafter in a separate thread, you disagreed with my view and attacked me personally.

Thanks for the laugh.
Maybe if you posted in the unorthodox section less people would be countering your statements. Just a suggestion as universalism is unorthodox.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross
@St. SteVen

You and everyone else are invited to peacefully and lovingly discuss the belief that Jesus will, eventually, save ALL people.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you follow the worldly version of Christianity, the one that says that Jesus throws people into a boiling pot of lava and watches as they suffer FOREVER and EVER.
Well as you stated you are still holding onto being offended with me. I moved past that long ago and tend to roll with the punches. Hmmm.

Well I do know what it's like to be followed around the forum and harassed by one member. I just put them on ignore when that happens as they were looking for a fight or something along those lines.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I was trying to offer some constructive criticism that was more of advice. Just trying to be helpful @Patrick1966