Image of the beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And they named it 'Wisdom', but why they chose a female form confuses me. They don't like or respect women. Perhaps to be less threatening, but this thing is simply a pre-programed unit, and until it is possessed by a demon it is merely a machine without life or spirit of any kind. May Yeshua come soon.
I will never leave you or forsake you

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Well many people believe that the image of the beast will be a robot that's given the breath of life. I don't see any "life" in this Sophia machine whatsoever, its just another computer as far as anyone is concerned. If the image of the beast really will be a machine, then what would be the point? Is that supposed to wow anybody to the point of them wanting to worship it? When you look at the narrative of how the image of the beast is introduced, the idea that it could be a robot doesn't even make that much sense to me. With Sophia, it is a machine made in the image of man that is programmed to speak. The image spoken of in Revelation isn't stated to be made in mans's image, but in the beasts image, which is not a man but be an angel called Apollyon. Also, unlike Sophia, its not man that causes the image of the beast to speak, but its the second beast that breathes into it the breath of life that man created. Its not something that's pre-programmed to speak, it is something that is literally brought to life by the possession of a spirit. It happens in similar fashion to the creation of Adam and Eve.

Some, like Questor believes it will be a demon that speaks, others believe it might be Satan himself. I don't believe it would have to be the latter, knowing that Satan is the prince of the power of the air, who has power over demonic spirits.

If Satan, the dragon gives the first beast his power and authority then I have no reason to believe it will be any different with the second beast being given the power to breathe into the nostrils of the image of the beast the breath of the life a demon, making it a living soul, giving it sentience. I believe this event will be much more significant than just some pre-programmed tin can speaking in front of a crowd, it really doesn't impress me one iota.

With all the DNA stuff, one cannot help but wonder if the image will be a clone of the AntiChrist person who is inhabited later by the Adversary...not that I know how one could quickly prepare such a thing, but presuming the immense power that the Beast has, a creative miracle is to be expected.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all the DNA stuff, one cannot help but wonder if the image will be a clone of the AntiChrist person who is inhabited later by the Adversary...not that I know how one could quickly prepare such a thing, but presuming the immense power that the Beast has, a creative miracle is to be expected.

Well, this doesn't sound anything like a clone, at least as we would assume it to be. They have been cloning animals for quite some time now, and there is really nothing about the process that screams 'miracle'. When dogs and cats are cloned and birthed within the surrogate mother a month later, its alive and kicking. That's not at all whats being described with the image of the beast because its not stated to be alive to begin with until the second beast makes it so by breathing into it what will obviously be a demonic spirit. So yes, I agree that a miracle is to be expected, which means it won't be a robot, and it won't be a clone per se either, at least as clones are currently produced. The key is in understanding the difference between how a robot is produced, how clones are produced, versus the image of the beast. With the two former examples, they are already alive and speaking, but the latter example is literally brought to life, and that's what will make it a miracle.