Imagine that

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What if I was to tell you that the very thing I desire this side of life, you'd only say is completely wrong. I just won't mention such thing's, because a wreath of actuations would judge me. But then are Christian's supposed to judge a single thing about what their God said. But you do, because you think you know what is right and wrong in this world. I don't know what else to say to people who claim to know the more and more about a reality that has really told us that we just don't really know.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if I was to tell you that the very things you desire on this side of life....
Are ok to desire.

With food and rainment be content. God said beyond that he would give you the desires of your heart. Just set you affections on things above.

Reactions: amadeus and Dave L

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What if I was to tell you that the very things you desire on this side of life....
Are ok to desire.

With food and rainment be content. God said beyond that he would give you the desires of your heart. Just set you affections on things above.
My desire is outside of your God's mind.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
What if I was to tell you that the very thing I desire this side of life, you'd only say is completely wrong. I just won't mention such thing's, because a wreath of actuations would judge me. But then are Christian's supposed to judge a single thing about what their God said. But you do, because you think you know what is right and wrong in this world. I don't know what else to say to people who claim to know the more and more about a reality that has really told us that we just don't really know.

If you already know that Christians would say what you want is wrong, then you probably know that what you want is biblically wrong? Its not a matter of judging you, its simple Christian discernment of right from wrong.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 37:4 KJV
Delight thyself also in the Lord ; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Psalm 37:4 KJV
Delight thyself also in the Lord ; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Are these Bible verses that people quote, actually been proven to concur with known aspects of reality.
How do you know any of these biblical formulas work? Can they be tested? What are there cause and effects?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If you already know that Christians would say what you want is wrong, then you probably know that what you want is biblically wrong? Its not a matter of judging you, its simple Christian discernment of right from wrong.
Actually now I think about it, it's not technically wrong. Although it became wrong because of the fall, but I figure that it will be permissable again in the new earth when we have a perfect body.

But the problem is here is I would have to believe that, and that's not going to help me at all.

Funny how you mentioned that the Bible is the source for moral understanding. We learn our right and wrongs from those very words you say.
I can think of a lot of morals that God commanded that are totally outlandish, and wouldn't be able to equip his flock today to do the same thing. Considering the fact that most Christian's would have a hard time with condoning such outlandish stuff. Which would mean that if they have a conflict if interests with God's moral system (In the old days) This would actually prove that real morality is born in us, and doesn't come from a book.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Funny how you mentioned that the Bible is the source for moral understanding. We learn our right and wrongs from those very words you say.
I can think of a lot of morals that God commanded that are totally outlandish, and wouldn't be able to equip his flock today to do the same thing. Considering the fact that most Christian's would have a hard time with condoning such outlandish stuff. Which would mean that if they have a conflict if interests with God's moral system (In the old days) This would actually prove that real morality is born in us, and doesn't come from a book.

It depends on exactly what moral standards your referring to, but the basic 10 commandments are still in effect. Keep in mind that some of the OT statutes and ordinances were only applicable to the Israelites, and they were never meant to be recognized or continued by Christians.

I personally belief that everyone has a guiding unction from the Holy Spirit, so in that sense your probably right in thinking that everyone is born with some basic moral principles instilled within themselves. i.e; you don't need a bible to teach you that murder & stealing are wrong.