Importance of Doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't think Esau found repentance.
because

17For you know that later, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected because he didn't find any opportunity for repentance, though he sought it with tears.

perhaps, but imo if you go read the OT ending of Esau, there is still more to the story. Esau had a change of heart, quite obviously

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @amadeus are you new? I think I might know you bro... ;)
You might at that. I am old [been a member here a long time], but new [only recently rediscovered this old membership]. I have been on a many different Christian forums over the years, so our previous meeting is not unlikely, although I do not specifically remember the name you are using. [This old man does however tend to be forgetful, so for that I may have to apologize.] On most forums, my name has been "amadeus" or amadeus with some kind of a suffix such as "2".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't sound like a very pleasant existence.
While this may seem to be so, as the @Stranger said, "God's purpose for us is different. "
We are not at the same places at the same times, and many things we will not overlap much, but so long as we please God, isn't that what matters the most?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While this may seem to be so, as the @Stranger said, "God's purpose for us is different. "
We are not at the same places at the same times, and many things we will not overlap much, but so long as we please God, isn't that what matters the most?

I never said he wasn't pleasing God.

What would your thoughts be regarding someone that claims they are never happy and always on edge?

God's purpose. I don't believe it's God's purpose for any of us to go through life miserable.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said he wasn't pleasing God.

What would your thoughts be regarding someone that claims they are never happy and always on edge?

God's purpose. I don't believe it's God's purpose for any of us to go through life miserable.

Indeed, God would want us to filled always with joy unspeakable and full of glory, but sometimes we not realize that that is what He wants from us. I believe it, but some other believers may not. If we are right it this, then as such others follow the Lord, they will be changed. If we are wrong, then as we are following the Lord, we will be changed.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We grow in the knowledge of grace and truth just like Paul and Peter did and the Holy Spirit is our teacher and guide bringing us joy and peace. Who proves the doctrine is false? It's not what you think or feel is the right or wrong doctrine that matters, it's what brings peace that matters and that can only come from the Holy Spirit, you can only live in the light you've been given. The more knowledge you have of Jesus and who you are in Him (relationship) is when you will feel complete and have joy learning more about Him.

Yes I agree...As Paul said...Phil 3 "That I may know Him...... Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
..... but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
It's a constant adding-to..the things He has already shown us..and growing in grace.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
under 'Doctrine' it goes on to say the following :" The earliest doctrine of the Christian church declared that 1) Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ........2) That God raised Him from the dead...........3) That salvation comes by faith in His Name.
These three truths were presented as a clear fulfillment of the Old Testament and Paul taught that this true doctrine was essential for the growth of the church, and that false doctrine destroys the church.

So let us all humble ourselves before the mighty hand of God, admit to Him, that we don't know anything apart from Him, and then be willing to be taught by HIM and not men.

Very well said.
It is not those three that give us trouble...I think that is common ground for the name " Christian" ....it's all the other beliefs that get added and 'called' doctrine, that give me the problems!!
We don't see threads where these three are disputed...it the "other stuff" where the trouble starts and divides...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those Bible verses you quoted do not teach what you claim from your post #73: "When you can sit and talk to Jesus and see Him standing with you, than you will know that you know Jesus and that is something no one can take from you."
Well to some Jesus is real to others He is a figment of mens imagination. Have a read of what happened after His resurrection, Read about how many saw Him after. God has never changed men just dont believe.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You might at that. I am old [been a member here a long time], but new [only recently rediscovered this old membership]. I have been on a many different Christian forums over the years, so our previous meeting is not unlikely, although I do not specifically remember the name you are using. [This old man does however tend to be forgetful, so for that I may have to apologize.] On most forums, my name has been "amadeus" or amadeus with some kind of a suffix such as "2".
@amadeus I have met you on another forum. I don't get there much nowadays but it is so good to see you posting here :D Bless you!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very well said.
It is not those three that give us trouble...I think that is common ground for the name " Christian" ....it's all the other beliefs that get added and 'called' doctrine, that give me the problems!!
We don't see threads where these three are disputed...it the "other stuff" where the trouble starts and divides...
Exactly ! I thought I did write a little about that? Must have been somewhere else lol . Perhaps there is a bit of 'drama queen ' in everyone and that's why they added all they added, to make it a lot more complicated ? How about those who would go around all day and whip themselves till their skin fell off. One has to wonder who they believed in, because He would have certainly never wanted anyone to do that !

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly ! I thought I did write a little about that? Must have been somewhere else lol .

Yes you did, I was just agreeing that the add-on are the ones that bother me.
I am still intrigued re your Dwarf...which one is he? Is it Bashful? :)

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus I have met you on another forum. I don't get there much nowadays but it is so good to see you posting here :D Bless you!
Thanks for the PM on that forum. Now it comes back. I meet many people on forums. I used to keep a list on my computer, but it got too long and I was too busy to update it. Hope to see you around here.

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the PM on that forum. Now it comes back. I meet many people on forums. I used to keep a list on my computer, but it got too long and I was too busy to update it. Hope to see you around here.
I'm just glad to see you posting here @amadeus You are a very kind and caring person with a lot of knowledge and understanding to share with us. Bless your heart!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the Word of God. Within it is the doctrine of God which He wants us to search out.
Amen Brother: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine . . ." 2 Tim 3:16).

Reactions: FHII

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger ....thank you for talking time to answer my question. :)

But also...Do you not believe that we are called to " rest in Him' ..and live stress free lives , in TRUST?
I'd like to see you more confident in the Lord...He will bring all things into His order.
You are called to " enjoy the journey" ..not just enjoy the end bit.
"God walked with Adam in the cool of the evening."
I have a feeling that sometimes He almost has to 'run to catch up with you!!' ;)

Every blessing ....H.
there seems to be confusion as to what it means "TO REST IN HIM"". We are called to rest in His work on the cross.. He has atoned (paid) for our sin pardon with His own blood. We are to rest in that promise.

But the children of God have been asked to bare fruit. Some equate this to good works in religion. I don't. I equate it to teaching the gospel of grace so that the Holy Spirit can lead others to a saving knowledge that God has already paid for their sin condition. But it is a fact that if they don't believe it, have faith in it, then a pardon doesn't exist for them. --- Which goes back to Eve and Adam in the garden. They believed Satan's lie instead of God's promise.