Impurity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
impurity |imˈpyoŏritē|
noun ( pl. -ties)
the quality or condition of being impure.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
They can be seen as synonyms, yes. But..

Grace (don't you love that word?) covers impurities. Just like when you, hopefully, say grace before eating and ask God to bless the food and remove impurities from it.

Jesus' grace is sufficient for all impurity.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
I dont really feel like describing all the impurities in my life if you dont mind

They can be seen as synonyms, yes. But..

Grace (don't you love that word?) covers impurities. Just like when you, hopefully, say grace before eating and ask God to bless the food and remove impurities from it.

Jesus' grace is sufficient for all impurity.
Your saying I should ask God to remove the impurities from my life?

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Your saying I should ask God to remove the impurities from my life?

I guess 'remove' wasn't the right word to use. Disarm is probably a better word.

In terms of food (since I brought it up, lol), though impurity/contamination may be there, you ask God, though grace, to overcome the power it has to potentially make you ill.

As far as sin, I'm saying Jesus' finished work on the cross (grace) has covered your sins and you would be asking to, likewise, break the sinful yolks in your life. Which is basically asking for a closer, more faithful relationship with God, because most habitual sin is a lack of trust in God's provision.

(the passage that the verse in my signature is from, talks about trusting in God and his provision)