In Bed at the Appearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've shown me your not interested in knowing the resurrection takes place on the day of the great tribulation.How can you continue to ignore these two verses?

Daniel 12:1-2
And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame.
May my Heavenly Father rebuke you for bearing false witness against me, making up LIES like the above.

Thank you for revealing yourself to all... here what you are really about, a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing. That's what we have with the above, just another crept in unawares.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
May my Heavenly Father rebuke you for bearing false witness against me, making up LIES like the above.

Thank you for revealing yourself to all... here what you are really about, a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing. That's what we have with the above, just another crept in unawares.
So when youve been proven wrong by scripture,you ask God to rebuke the person trying to correct your error.

Have you still not noticed the resurrection takes place at the exact same time as the great tribulation?

Are you so blind that you can not see the error of your ways?

And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame.

well,I hope that you've learned from your mistake thinking the great tribulation takes place 1260 days before the end when it takes place on resurrection day.Perhaps now you will stop misleading others.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on there but haven't for about 4-5 months or so.I don't know where they are.You don't suppose they could be posting under different names do you?
I was shunned to the digital ghetto of mars hill quite a long time ago . So i aint been back .
They left the site some time before all that happened . But i was wondering if any had heard from them .
King george sent this peasant to die in the dungeon of the digital ghetto . But i came here and continue
to point to Christ and not to this ecuminical unity lie . Rather i expose it for what it is .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe the resurrection takes place 1260 days before the end.hmmm

Yea we don't agree on anything.
Daniel said the resurrection takes place on the day of the great tribulation.
You are the one that has some crazy ideas about that 1260 days, and I never anywhere said what you are claiming above.

So here you go, write this down in your little data book:
1. "abomination of desolation" IDOL setup by the coming false-Messiah in a Jewish temple in Jerusalem.
2. false worship of that IDOL lasts for 1260 days, which is the "great tribulation" event.
3. after that SAME 1260 days, Jesus comes to gather His elect and pour out His cup of wrath upon the wicked, which will END this present world on that very 'day', the LAST day of this present world.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:16

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 15:16
Yes, and that "as a thief" is a marker for the last day of this world, which both Apostle Paul and Apostle Peter showed (1 Thessalonians 5, and 2 Peter 3:10).

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
You are the one that has some crazy ideas about that 1260 days, and I never anywhere said what you are claiming above.

So here you go, write this down in your little data book:
1. "abomination of desolation" IDOL setup by the coming false-Messiah in a Jewish temple in Jerusalem.
2. false worship of that IDOL lasts for 1260 days, which is the "great tribulation" event.
3. after that SAME 1260 days, Jesus comes to gather His elect and pour out His cup of wrath upon the wicked, which will END this present world on that very 'day', the LAST day of this present world.
And none of that is biblical.

According to the prophet Daniel whom you have rejected,the great tribulation takes place at the end when the resurrection takes place.Here are two very simple verses that prove his point.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of the hope of that day is supposed to purify our Christian life.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; - Titus 2

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. - 2 Peter 3:3-4

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is it the glorious Return that you are expecting?
If so, there is much that must happen before Jesus appears with the armies of heaven. Revelation 19:11
ALL of the Prophesied things from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10, must take place first.

Jesus does NOT Return as a thief! That idea is quite silly and contradicts scriptures like 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Jesus will be heralded by the Trumpet call of God.
It will be the terrible Day of the vengeance and wrath of the Lord, which will come unexpectedly; sudden and shocking the world. A Day of disaster for the Middle East region and of dramatic change for all the world.
This event is Prophesied and fully described in over 100 Bible prophesies, we Christians should know all about it.

Matthew 24:29-30 and 1 Thess 4:16 prove that the glorious Return is not unexpected.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it the glorious Return that you are expecting?
If so, there is much that must happen before Jesus appears with the armies of heaven. Revelation 19:11
ALL of the Prophesied things from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10, must take place first.

Jesus does NOT Return as a thief! That idea is quite silly and contradicts scriptures like 1 Thessalonians 4:16, where Jesus will be heralded by the Trumpet call of God.
It will be the terrible Day of the vengeance and wrath of the Lord, which will come unexpectedly; sudden and shocking the world. A Day of disaster for the Middle East region and of dramatic change for all the world.
This event is Prophesied and fully described in over 100 Bible prophesies, we Christians should know all about it.

Matthew 24:29-30 and 1 Thess 4:16 prove that the glorious Return is not unexpected.
Newsflash! You do not know everything pertaining to the times or the seasons!

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. - Acts 1:7

I know that will come as a surprise... But the thief analogy is used numerous times in scripture indicating at a time we do not know...

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:43

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. - 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of the hope of that day is supposed to purify our Christian life.
The idea of Apostle Paul's "blessed hope" of Titus 2:13 is about the day of Christ's future return to gather His faithful saints. It does not tell us what day that is like the false Pre-trib Rapture school likes to push with being prior to the "great tribulation".

So our 'blessed hope' in Lord Jesus' future return should be when He said when to expect His return, and He told us that in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 which will be AFTER the tribulation of those days, like He said. And that means that... is the time when He will "come as a thief" per Rev.16:15, which is showing on the final 7th Vial.

Thusly, no man knows the day or the hour of Christ's future return. However, Lord Jesus did... give us a ballpark timing when to expect His return, and it's in the above Scriptures I quoted. And that... is what Apostle Paul was truly pointing to with his idea of our "blessed hope".

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of Apostle Paul's "blessed hope" of Titus 2:13 is about the day of Christ's future return to gather His faithful saints. It does not tell us what day that is like the false Pre-trib Rapture school likes to push with being prior to the "great tribulation".

So our 'blessed hope' in Lord Jesus' future return should be when He said when to expect His return, and He told us that in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 which will be AFTER the tribulation of those days, like He said. And that means that... is the time when He will "come as a thief" per Rev.16:15, which is showing on the final 7th Vial.

Thusly, no man knows the day or the hour of Christ's future return. However, Lord Jesus did... give us a ballpark timing when to expect His return, and it's in the above Scriptures I quoted. And that... is what Apostle Paul was truly pointing to with his idea of our "blessed hope".
Well then... You know it all!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had to pick an end time date I would go, word by word, with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

"And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. " - Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v: "So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christs coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However Isaac Newton notes

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

At least Isaac Newton had the humility to repeat that Christ comes as a thief in the night and it is not for us to know the times and the seasons which God has put in his own breast. A whole lot more humility than we find here!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had to pick an end time date I would go, word by word, with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

"And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. " - Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v: "So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christs coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However Isaac Newton notes

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

At least Isaac Newton had the humility to repeat that Christ comes as a thief in the night and it is not for us to know the times and the seasons which God has put in his own breast. A whole lot more humility than we find here!
If those men were living in today's time, there is no doubt their views on Christ's coming would be different. Even the prophecies about the 'end' given through Daniel he was told were sealed until the end.

And thusly, understanding the 'actual' Scriptures as written, where Lord Jesus gave us the Signs of the end leading up to His future return, anyone trying to downplay those things He gave His faithful Church reveals they are not... listening to Him, but to others instead. Thus the above as evidence.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If those men were living in today's time, there is no doubt their views on Christ's coming would be different. Even the prophecies about the 'end' given through Daniel he was told were sealed until the end.

And thusly, understanding the 'actual' Scriptures as written, where Lord Jesus gave us the Signs of the end leading up to His future return, anyone trying to downplay those things He gave His faithful Church reveals they are not... listening to Him, but to others instead. Thus the above as evidence.
If anyone makes a specific date prediction it will sure enough fail. Which happens too many times. Here we have a group that predicted the rapture date as May 1, 2011.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. - 1 Thessalonians 5:4

People will go off into their tangents trying to make predictions regarding the end. They then will take the above scripture and try to convince folk that they are now not in darkness concerning that day. When in reality they are talking out of their own ego, and thinking that they have divine revelation and all their time in study has not been in vain.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul refers to that day to the Thessalonians as happening as a thief in the night...

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

Uh-oh... Now we got all kinds of Gentiles spreading all kind of miss-information regarding that day... In so much that the Apostle Paul has to revisit this in 2 Thessalonians

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition... - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now, we have a clearer picture, with no date settings, of when the day will occur... Prerequisites...

1. Falling Away - As we are seeing today
2. Man of Sin Revealed - Wanting us to receive something scannable on our flesh
3. Restoration of Israel - Fullfilling the times of the Gentiles...

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

I would imagine that the day is near and I would be awaiting the appearing of the "Man of Sin." Probably an innovated Elon Musk type guy who will think he has the dilemmas of planet earth all figured out. See... I am not date picking here... But pointing out such times as near, as I would believe Christ, Peter, John, and Paul would have worded it.
Rocky,

During these same times it was also foretold that there would be false teachers among the church teaching destructive doctrines, a major lie would be believed causing strong delusion, and that Jesus would not come when expected.

So, let's look at your list of expected things:
1 & 2) "The Falling Away."- When did the fall begin, and when will it end? Has it not always been? But because it says "the man of sin is revealed" most consider it to be "one man." But I submit that the scriptures summarize the many to have come from "one man" Adam, and also summarize the few who are saved as "One man" (in Christ). This is the context that the "man of sin is revealed" was also written in.​
But who qualifies to be called "a man of sin?" Do the scriptures not say, "all men?" And are not all men "revealed" by being born, by being made manifest in His image under the curse of sin?​
The correct context then is all men as one man including all who have fallen short of the glory of God, and all who He has revealed in this world. Indeed, the one man is also destroyed in one event, and even as he also came. But that one man was then unfolded into the many--again, not just the "image of God" as One, but also as "us"--"let us make man in our own image." Thus, we all came forth, and all return, which Paul elaborated to say, "but each one in his own order." But that was and is only the revealing of each one. All indeed enter and leave this world "each one in his own order", but all enter the Oneness that has only been eluded to...together. Which is to say, there is no mass rapture event in the world as leaving the world--but there is in arriving in heaven. And because both are eluded to in the scriptures, "here a little, there a little" they are not to be mixed or confused, but "rightly divided."​
3) "Restoration of Israel & Fulfilling the times of the Gentiles" - Jesus claimed to be the First and the Last. But what was He, was He of Israel or of the gentiles? He was of Israel...and yes, "the Last."​
Jesus came as the Last of Israel and all of Israel died and were raised up with Him as crucified in death--referred to in the scriptures as "the dead in Christ." Therefore, having been born into the world first, but not receiving salvation until dead, Jesus clarified, saying, "But many who are first will be last, and the last first." That is last to receive salvation after those who would receive salvation as Paul referred to those who receive salvation while alive in the flesh rather than after death, as "we who are alive and remain." Meaning "alive" in the spirit. These then are "the living in Christ" who having been born into the world last are rather first to receive salvation. This is "the first resurrection"...of whom Christ, also being "the First", was "Firstfruits."

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. - 1 Thessalonians 5:2
Your mistake is in thinking there is only one Day of the Lord.
Revelation 6:12-17 describes the great and terrible Day the Lord will change the world.
Revelation 19:11-21 describes the glorious Day the Jesus will Return, destroy His remaining enemies and commence His Millennium reign.

You use of 1 Thess 5:2, to support your wrong beliefs, is a total fail as it goes on to say how the Lord will send sudden destruction; upon the attackers of Israel, as Prophesied in Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12, Jeremiah 40:34-37,+
NOT referring to the Return at all!
Daniel 12:10 says that it will be only very close to the end times, will anyone finally understand what God has planned.
Newton was not and he also could not know the Prophetic truths, being as he was: wise and learned. Matthew 11:25-26

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your mistake is in thinking there is only one Day of the Lord.
Revelation 6:12-17 describes the great and terrible Day the Lord will change the world.
Revelation 19:11-21 describes the glorious Day the Jesus will Return, destroy His remaining enemies and commence His Millennium reign.

You use of 1 Thess 5:2, to support your wrong beliefs, is a total fail as it goes on to say how the Lord will send sudden destruction; upon the attackers of Israel, as Prophesied in Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12, Jeremiah 40:34-37,+
NOT referring to the Return at all!

Daniel 12:10 says that it will be only very close to the end times, will anyone finally understand what God has planned.
Newton was not and he also could not know the Prophetic truths, being as he was: wise and learned. Matthew 11:25-26

When we had a plating department in our facility I worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if he ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. Inside I feared he was right. In many cases religion can inhabit too much personal ego.

And... So can prophecy. People think because they have done all this study that they have come to a point of arrival and all must bow the knee to their thinking. When in reality... The most of it is simply pure ego.

Reactions: shilohsfoal