• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
See, I told you haven't heard anything I've said, lol. I haven't said anything one way or the other about once saved always saved. You are the angry, hard headed, dogmatic, hobby horse riding Christian that all Christians and unbelievers can't stand.

I dont ride Christians.
I discern them..
For example, is it a courage issue you have, that wont allow you to state if you believe you can lose your salvation?
There is really no need, as it really obvious.
But, if recently you have been reconsidering, then good for you.
Ither way, if you are born again, you'll end up in Heaven.
Why?
1.) all the born again go to heaven
2.) Jesus promised.....He said, the born gain HAVE Eternal Life, and that can't be undone by a bad day, or a mood swing, or some ignorant idea related to "Losing faith".

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is it a courage issue you have, that wont allow you to state if you believe you can lose your salvation?
If you would just stop shoving your teaching down people's throats and actually listen to what people say you'd know that I've been saying the once saved always saved argument is a waste of time to talk about. That's why I don't talk about it. It's a stupid argument.

For one, no one is going to change their mind about it either way, so stop wasting your time. And two, once saved always saved means nothing if you end up standing before Christ at the resurrection in unbelief. What we need to be talking about is the Bible's message to keep believing and arrive at the judgment as a believer not an unbeliever, because unbelievers are not going into the kingdom when Jesus comes back. And arguing about whether or not a true believer will always believe doesn't change the truth that you have to be standing before Christ believing in order to enter into the kingdom of God. Your life being the evidence of whether or not you believe. We don't talk about that truth—the truth that is plain and irrefutable and supremely important above all other things. Instead we spend hours talking about something that doesn't change the fact that you have to be a believer when you die and stand before Christ at the resurrection.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:7-8
let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8The one who practices sin is of the devil

Here's the thing, as I see things . . .

@Behold is essentially here sharing a single all-important truth. Jesus has removed our sin. Completely, permanently, our sins are gone. I agree with this completely. In Christ we are justified, having died per the Law, and having risen to an entirely different and unrelated kind of life in Christ.

And since our sins are removed, and we now receive life directly from God, Who is immortal, eternal, that life is eternal, and will never end.

You've told me that you disagree with Behold's teaching. Is this what you disagree with?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or some ignorant idea related to "Losing faith".
What does it matter if a person can lose faith or not? What matters is you aren't going into the kingdom of God if you die in unbelief. It doesn't matter if you never had it or lost it. Either way you aren't going into the kingdom. Salvation is only for those who believe. Unbelievers aren't going to be strolling the streets of the kingdom in the age to come.

Revelation 21:8
But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur.

Revelation 22:15
15But outside (the city) are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

See, no unbelievers and those who practice falsehood will be in the kingdom to come.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been saying the once saved always saved argument is a waste of time to talk about.
The OSAS argument is just that, people arguing. And you are right, those arguments don't matter. But to understand what God has done for us in Christ liberates us to freely live that life.

Much love!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it matter if a person can lose faith or not? What matters is you aren't going into the kingdom of God if you die in unbelief. It doesn't matter if you never had it or lost it. Either way you aren't going into the kingdom. Salvation is only for those who believe. Unbelievers aren't going to be strolling the streets of the kingdom in the age to come.
What you are saying is a tautology. Unbelievers die in unbelief.

Much love!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are saying is a tautology. Unbelievers die in unbelief.

Much love!
Yes, a tautology. It's necessary to talk to greasy gracers using that unorthodox grammar because they have created this heretical division between being an unbeliever and dying in unbelief, as if you can be an unbeliever and not be condemned by that unbelief.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing, as I see things . . .

@Behold is essentially here sharing a single all-important truth. Jesus has removed our sin. Completely, permanently, our sins are gone. I agree with this completely. In Christ we are justified, having died per the Law, and having risen to an entirely different and unrelated kind of life in Christ.

And since our sins are removed, and we now receive life directly from God, Who is immortal, eternal, that life is eternal, and will never end.

You've told me that you disagree with Behold's teaching. Is this what you disagree with?

Much love!
No, I don't disagree with any of that. But what does all that matter if you die in unbelief and are condemned as the unbeliever you are at the return of Christ? It doesn't matter at all, of course.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the true mark of the seal of the Holy Spirit is YOUR BEHAVIOR. That's the part you don't believe. And I understand why.
This is only true for others. My behavior will only justify me to you. Not to God, and not to myself.
1 John 3:18-19
18Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. 19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't disagree with any of that. But what does all that matter if you die in unbelief and are condemned as the unbeliever you are at the return of Christ? It doesn't matter at all, of course.
Again, then, a tautology. Unbelievers die in unbelief. This is true!

Romans 8 tells us the the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirits that we are children of God. What would you say that testimony is? Do you have that testimony?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, then, a tautology. Unbelievers die in unbelief. This is true!

Romans 8 tells us the the Holy Spirit testifies with our spirits that we are children of God. What would you say that testimony is? Do you have that testimony?

Much love!
Yes, I have that testimony. And my changed life confirms it.

14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

My changed life makes it so I don't just think I have the testimony of the Holy Spirit in me when I really don't. Because there are lot's of people who are sure they are at peace with God and have the Holy Spirit but who prove by their lives that they don't. They just think they do.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is closing in on it. If we really love, we are really changed.

Much love!
That's what I've been saying. Your behavior is what shows if you are a new creation in Christ or not. It's how we can know we are really saved and ready to meet Jesus when he comes back or not.

1 John 4:17
love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I've been saying. Your behavior is what shows if you are a new creation in Christ or not. It's how we can know we are really saved and ready to meet Jesus when he comes back or not.

1 John 4:17
love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him.
Great!

So it's about love, not sins? That the truth of a Christian is measured in their love for others, and not in their sins committed?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have that testimony. And my changed life confirms it.

14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

My changed life makes it so I don't just think I have the testimony of the Holy Spirit in me when I really don't. Because there are lot's of people who are sure they are at peace with God and have the Holy Spirit but who prove by their lives that they don't. They just think they do.
Don't you mean, their lives seem to you that they are not reconciled to God?

Who is the judge here?

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you mean, their lives seem to you that they are not reconciled to God?

Who is the judge here?

Much love!
Have you not been reading the 1 John verses I've been posting that teach us how not to be deceived by fake believers?