In-depth Bible Study on Eternal Punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is talking about Eternal punishment.

I accept it for what it is.

After-life loss, and that is what it is.

It’s not actually Eternal punishment either.

It actually should be rendered Age-during punishment which last until it’s over.

Revelation 21 talks about people having a part in the lake of fire - but it doesn’t say they are in there forever like the devil, the false prophet and the beast.

So there is a lot of word playing going on here sir, @Christophany.

So if someone asked me about eternal torment I would politely say it’s actually rendered Age-during and it only last a period of time, and the scripture says that all tongues will eventually bow and confess Jesus as Lord and people can’t do that except by the Holy Spirit.

So the punishment last until the individual realizes their need for the truth… after that Jesus has the keys to the second death, from my view and is able to let people out of the all consuming fire that is God once the purge is completed and the individual freely makes a choice to accept the truth…

Will they be part of the Kingdom of God? Or Children of God? Or Sons or daughters of God? No I don’t believe so, and they suffer after-life loss (which is permanent based on the individuals and their self made choices)but God will reward them with a spiritual body and they can roam outside the kingdom.

Is this all conjecture? Yes, it is but it allows FOR Gods ultimately will to be done and have none perish.

It's not ALL conjecture, what you've said here...

Reactions: MatthewG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
438 pages worth

Overkill for this format.

one has to go back to the Greek to find out where all these words line up

Ah the Greek.

Where all the heretics go to bring in falsehoods…

No one should ever follow me or believe me in the first place, they should be encouraged to read the Bible

This is the only thing I agree with you on.

Is it really Gods Will to burn people in a literal fire just for his pleasure?

Why do add “for his pleasure”?

God doesn’t take pleasure in the death of the wicked at all!

No, but that is the place that sinners will be sent. And God will take no pleasure in this.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ah the Greek.

No, but that is the place that sinners will be sent. And God will take no pleasure in this.
Amen to the Truth !

overkill is right and its nothing but cut n pastes from the false teacher he follows, shawn

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ah the Greek.

Thank you the bump.

People have different views and perspectives.

God is good.

There are some people that have taught in churches and they teach that Jesus only died for the elect and they use scripture to back it up… there are some people who use scripture to justify that they are meant to live by every thing Jesus told his disciples and if they don’t follow suit they are damned! There are some people that use the Bible and get an entire congregation of hurt and abused people to kill themselves to follow suit.

And still people get upset when you tell them that eternal punishment is only an Age-during punishment and the people who go in are purged of all the things they couldn’t let go of and after when they decide to accept the truth, Jesus who has the keys can let them out, and God gives them their condemnation spiritual body they are allowed to be outside the kingdom.

Well find out on day when we get to leave this earth and go be with God, perhaps we can go visit those outside and it will show to prove Gods will is done in having not having any to perish or come to obliteration.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only things that are unshakable are spiritually matters,

our flesh nature from our thoughts and ideas and precepts are all shakable, a persons faith can be shaken even turned down and turned away from.

The only thing that last an is unshakable is standing on the solid foundation laid out by Jesus and his apostles.

People can continue to say I’m crazy, a heretic, I’m a liar, spreading falsehood and I’ll still love you.

The only thing mere men can do is try to kill me, ruined reputation or whatever but that doesn’t matter to me as much as God truth and Jesus victory over all things.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they teach that Jesus only died for the elect and they use scripture to back it up…

there are some people who use scripture to justify that they are meant to live by every thing Jesus told his disciples

There are some people that use the Bible and get an entire congregation of hurt and abused people to kill themselves

And there are few people who are unleavened Bible readers who read the scriptures frequently enough to be ready to dispel all who use the scriptures to promote heresy.

Don’t cite extra biblical references. Be confident in what you believe by searching the scriptures daily. If what someone is teaching you is true, the Bible alone should suffice to convince others of that truth.

I don’t cite extra biblical sources as the foundation to anything I say.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our flesh nature from our thoughts and ideas and precepts are all shakable, a persons faith can be shaken even turned down and turned away from.

Be like Paul:

“…the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.” (Acts 20:23-24)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Michiah-Lmla,

You are free to pursue God as you choose.

The thing is, studying the Bible is a great thing to come into revelations from God himself, scripture proclaims for us to grow in this about God himself sir.

I do not know your own personal stance, and I do not believe you have openly shared it here and if you would like to please feel free to share your own personal take of the subject of Eternal Punishment if you would like to...

Its a great thing indeed to search the scriptures.

A good study bible I would recommend for people is this one:

KJV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible--bonded leather, black

They also have it in NASB, NIV, ESV, formats if one desires to have that.

Also there are Word studies too such as :

Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words

The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, Large-Print Edition

Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom
15 Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for God’s people everywhere, 16 I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, 17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. 18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.

19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. 21 Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else—not only in this world but also in the world to come.22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church.23 And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

I believe the holy scriptures:

“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10)

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)

The only good study tool to use with a King James Bible is a good unabridged English dictionary.

The vast majority of “Bible” dictionaries and lexicons have been corrupted by the textual criticism mafia.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing. I believe there is explanations for those verses.

Are you someone who promotes the teaching of 'Sola Scriptura' and there is nothing else?

I don't subscribe to that doctrine or anything, maybe you do that is where our own differences are going to come into play sir.

I believe also that the scriptures your shared, was for that time and age of those people then, would you agree with this or it is more to everyone who ever lived on the entire planet to this very day?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering God chose the nation of Israel to be his people; it seems the first mention of the Book of Life is found in Exodus.

Exodus 32:33
Psalms 69:28
Daniel 12:1
Luke 10:20
Philippians 4:3
Hebrews 12:23
Revelation 3:5
Revelation 20:12
Revelation 21:27
Revelation 22:19

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

I believe the holy scriptures:

“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10)

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)

The only good study tool to use with a King James Bible is a good unabridged English dictionary.

The vast majority of “Bible” dictionaries and lexicons have been corrupted by the textual criticism mafia.

Technically, that first verse you give only talks about three specific beings.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this study dictionary on eBay for very cheap

Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words

Thank you to all people who have taken time to read and search through what has been shared here, may God bless each and every one of you as you continue to look to the Lord Jesus Christ may the Lord direct your path!

• Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

How awesome is God!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then they have eternal life in them, and there’s only one way to eternal life for a human, to be born again of the Spirit. Unless you think that humans are already born with eternal life in them.

The second death isn’t really a second death but is eternal life?

It is eternal death (separation from God) which does not preclude that the person is not conscious in death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus has conquered over spiritual death, and that of dying physically having been resurrected by God, @heartwashed? What are your thought on that?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus has conquered over spiritual death, and that of dying physically having been resurrected by God, @heartwashed? What are your thought on that?

I believe that a person must have faith in Jesus Christ in order to be a recipient of grace (John 14:6, Matthew 7:13-14, Romans 5:1-2).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s fine, that didn’t answer the question though. Thank you though for taking time to respond.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To everyone who has come by, seen, read.

The last thing for me to ever desire for a person in their life is to have lost faith, because of something that has been stated by me personally.

The reason is to lose faith and to turn away from faith is a bad thing, because then you are rejecting the the Lord, whom grace and truth came from, Yeshua.

Yeshua came to redeem and set free people from bondage of sin and death, even bondage from the traditions of men and the doctrines and commandments of men.

Yeshua paid with his life for the ransom of all sin, that you could be made free and have liberty by and through the Holy Spirit, to be able to follow him and his ways and have peace in your heart and given the ability to have love for God and love for others.

So please never give up, and remember the good things God has provided you in your life since your born again experience, keep having faith and seek for answers to know the truth and remember it’s not so much material blessing that may fall into our lives compared to the spiritual riches that are found in the King!

God bless and take care.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is eternal death (separation from God) which does not preclude that the person is not conscious in death.

I think death means death and life means life. I also think a second death means a second death and eternal life means eternal life. When you say there is no such thing as a first or second death and death actually means living forever, you have muddied it all so much that it makes no sense. Words have to mean something or nothing can be conveyed. That’s how you wind up with blank stares and confusion when you ask someone to define what the word “woman” means.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy