In-depth Bible Study on Eternal Punishment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if the following verse has been brought up yet; but I thought I'd mention it.

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if the following verse has been brought up yet; but I thought I'd mention it.

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

If it was I didn't notice, but that can indeed be a very relevant verse, IMO. It just depends on who you are talking about. Some don't want to teach on Hell because they think it paints God in a bad light. Others for less altruistic reasons. Ultimately, Satan is the one who doesn't want people teaching on Hell because he wants as many people going there as possible. Once they get there, it will be too late for them to do anything about their lives, and the entire teaching was intended by God as a deterrent. If there were no punishments for crime in the world today, society would have become so bad long ago that God would have had to destroy the world all over again like He did during the flood. Makes me wonder how much people would favor a society without punishment for crime, and if they have ever actually thought out their position on things.

God bless,
- H

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you can. Conducting oneself as having consideration for others is something entirely under your control.

You teach a great deal of falsehoods, Matthew - granted, so do a lot of members here - but the problem is that this becomes less tolerable the less considerate you are of others.

Is all of this is judgement because of differing views? For me I don’t have to live my life to please people. That in itself is a falsehood, sir.

Hello heartwashed,

It’s good to study the bible, though to show oneself approved.

Just because someone sees something different doesn’t mean they are not part of the body of Christ deemed by the judgment of man.

God is the judge and he is judge of the heart and weighs it. It all boils down to will you have love for God and will you have love for man.

However due to such a vast majority of difference of thinking and approaches to the Bible there is a thing called Subjective Christianity, and people live their lives in subjectivity of what they have been taught by traditions, or what they have learned from the Bible itself, and because of this we are not to condemn people, or judge them.

At least that is the way I see things now, and only God change the mind and hearts of others, when people share the truth with others when they are lead by the spirit.

Last edited:

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the following verse tells us that what was taught in the beginnings of Christianity is what we ought to adhere to.

1Jo 2:24, Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To study to show one self approved is not approved of men, but God himself.

Always remember that, you are living to serve God, first over all else, including family.

Though we do live to serve and help our fellow man/woman we do not live our lives under the authority of them in the aspect of one most follow my way to be approved by me.

No one should ever follow me or believe me in the first place, they should be encouraged to read the Bible and study it out and that way they can be thankful for what they did to God and for themselves, there are many great people out there who are smart and way smarter than me that can also help you out, but always test all things by the spirit.

That they too then can go forth and shared what they learned from their studies but that comes at a cost of being judged. And people will watch you.

I believe that the following verse tells us that what was taught in the beginnings of Christianity is what we ought to adhere to.

1Jo 2:24, Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Continue in this, and be blessed friend.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is all of this is judgement because of differing views?

No, I told you what the primary problem was. If you weren't listening the first time you won't be listening the second.

You post very good verses.

This is at the very heart of why there is SO much heresy being taught now. Everyone throws out the doctrines of the early church and attempts to replace them with their own; this one likes this doctrine so he includes it, but dislikes this one, that one and the other, so all those are taken out and replaced with suppositions contrary to scripture and early church teaching.

The apostles knew it was coming, as it had already started in their time, and it's why they kept laying stress on the doctrines laid down from the beginning.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I told you what the primary problem was. If you weren't listening the first time you won't be listening the second.

You post very good verses.

This is a the very heart of why there is SO much heresy being taught now. Everyone throws out the doctrines of the early church and attempts to replace them with their own; this one likes this doctrine so he includes it, but dislikes this one, that one and the other, so all those are taken out and replaced with suppositions contrary to scripture and early church teaching.

The apostles knew it was coming, as it had already started in their time, and it's why they kept laying stress on the doctrines laid down from the beginning.

Men reject what is bitter to them and accept what is sweet to them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Hidden in Him, I guess your right, either way you told me I teach a lot of falsehoods.

I love you either way.

I don’t mind what you think or say about me it you may freely have your judgment friend.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Hidden in Him, I guess your right, either way you told me I teach a lot of falsehoods.

I love you either way.

I don’t mind what you think or say about me it you may freely have your judgment friend.

I'm just saying guard against marathon posting. I've been around here for awhile, and I know how that gets received.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That can be part of it, yes.

It’s always been this way. They marveled at the gracious words Jesus spoke and then moments later they wanted to push Him from a cliff because He spoke words bitter to them.
The ear tests words just as the tongue tests foods.

It’s a battle to get a child to eat hard dry bread and Brussels sprouts. The Passover lamb had to be eaten along with bitter herbs. And the prophet ate the scroll and it was sweet but turned bitter in his stomach.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s always been this way. They marveled at the gracious words Jesus spoke and then moments later they wanted to push Him from a cliff because He spoke words bitter to them.

LoL. It's true. :)

I recall watching the animated version of... what was it, Prince of Egypt, about Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and into the promised land. Towards the end after they had escaped Pharaoh's army, Moses is looking out over a valley down upon the Israelites in their hundreds of thousands, and he whispers, "My people" affectionately.

I was thinking, "Yeah, don't too excited just yet. 'Your people' are gonna want your head on a platter before you've even gotten a days journey into that desert," LoL. :p

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please let’s refrain from attacking anyone (just because one doesn’t agree with one’s methods.)

Also let’s stay on the subject at hand, which is Eternal Punishment, a long extensive good study has been given for anyone to go and look at starting from the first post if they desire to learn more about it.

There is also a summary in post 57, which is also located on the first post for a summation of what was noticed through-out the course of the study.

If one desires anymore information to learn about other studies there is a link, in the first post to direct you to where one can purchase and go through several different topics that have been studied over the course of several decades.

Though most do not believe Jesus has had the victory the shared information is looking at Jesus having the victory over sin, Satan and his angels, Hell/Sheol, and that one can be set free in liberty to live life by the spirit in abiding in Christ.

May God guide.

Thank you so much,

Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the bump, stunnedbygrace.

Always good to see you, and hope you are doing well, ma'am.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
moving the thread up, the scale on the forum is called a bump (bumping the thread).

Gets it more attention.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111,

What is it that you see that is false? It would be fascinating to see your perspective and view sir.