In our image..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll ask you again, Does your Bible explicitly identify Jesus as the servant of God or not?
Even the NWT "identifies" Jesus as "My Lord and my God".

That's John 20:28 even in the JW bible.

Why are you evading perfectly clear Scripture?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm... I'll ignore all the toothless sarcasm you are causing self inflicted wounds to your credibility with and ask you to explain Hebrews 13:

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

This couplet is used EXCLUSIVELY for God throughout scripture.
OK...since you have not addressed a single scripture presented to you, but concentrated merely on the "toothless sarcasm" (whatever that means) it is apparent that you are now drawing out what's left of your arsenal to throw at me.....keep 'em coming....I never tire of defending my faith.

I can see in your lack of response that you have very little left to prop up something that has been dismantled by the scriptures themselves. You have lots of excuses but nothing valid to date.

So what is the setting of Hebrews ch 13? Context is always important to the quoting of scripture, don't you think?
Paul starts with a general exhortation....
"Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. 3 Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.

4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say:

“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
He then goes on to say...
" Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

In imitation of their Lord Jesus, the apostles were setting the lead for those who would take up the role of teachers and spiritual guides after them.
The fact that "Jesus is the same, yesterday and today and forever", means that nothing would be changed as far as his teachings were concerned. It was an exhortation NOT to alter what Christ had taught.....but did Christendom honor that admonition?

Is brotherly love found in Christendom's churches? We see it disappear very quickly when a political conflict erupts as is occurring in Russia and Ukraine right now. Both purport to be "Christian" nations but have no compunction to bomb the heck out of their Christian "brothers" on the other side. Do the Russian Orthodox leaders love their Ukrainian Orthodox brothers and vice versa?
Their actions are in direct opposition to what Jesus taught...(Matthew 5:43-44)

In remembering the prisoners, he was not talking about evil doers serving prison sentences for crimes over which they have never repented...he was talking about those in prison for their faith, like he himself had been. Being a Christian back then was a hard row to hoe....how many Christians do you know personally who are in prison for their faith?

Paul spoke of the sanctity of marriage and the things that can destroy it, like adultery and fornication. If the churches today threw out their adulterers and fornicators, not only would their churches be a lot emptier, but their clergy would be decimated as well.

Contentment was also mentioned which in our time has reached new heights of discontent.
No one is ever satisfied with what they have because advertisers are constantly hounding people to upgrade to bigger and better things, promising them happiness from the things they possess....but people have never been more miserable.
"Things" don't make you happy...people do...and people who love God like you do are happier still.....its why we hang out with them and not seek the company of those who put God way down on their list of priorities.

So there you have it....as usual, the scripture you quoted doesn't say what you think it does....

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...since you have not addressed a single scripture presented to you, but concentrated merely on the "toothless sarcasm" (whatever that means) it is apparent that you are now drawing out what's left of your arsenal to throw at me.....keep 'em coming....I never tire of defending my faith.

I can see in your lack of response that you have very little left to prop up something that has been dismantled by the scriptures themselves. You have lots of excuses but nothing valid to date.

So what is the setting of Hebrews ch 13? Context is always important to the quoting of scripture, don't you think?
"Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. 3 Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.

4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say:

“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
" Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

In imitation of their Lord Jesus, the apostles were setting the lead for those who would take up the role of teachers and spiritual guides after them.
The fact that "Jesus is the same, yesterday and today and forever", means that nothing would be changed as far as his teachings were concerned. It was an exhortation NOT to alter what Christ had taught.....but did Christendom honor that admonition?

Is brotherly love found in Christendom's churches? We see it disappear very quickly when a political conflict erupts as is occurring in Russia and Ukraine right now. Both purport to be "Christian" nations but have no compunction to bomb the heck out of their Christian "brothers" on the other side. Do the Russian Orthodox leaders love their Ukrainian Orthodox brothers and vice versa?

In remembering the prisoners, he was not talking about evil doers serving prison sentences for crimes over which they have never repented...he was talking about those in prison for their faith, like he himself had been. Being a Christian back then was a hard row to hoe....how many Christians do you know personally who are in prison for their faith?

Paul spoke of the sanctity of marriage and the things that can destroy it, like adultery and fornication. If the churches today threw out their adulterers and fornicators, not only would their churches be a lot emptier, but their clergy would be decimated as well.

Contentment was also mentioned which in our time has reached new heights of discontent.
No one is ever satisfied with what they have because advertisers are constantly hounding people to upgrade to bigger and better things, promising them happiness from the things they possess....but people have never been more miserable.
"Things" don't make you happy...people do...and people who love God like you do are happier still.....its why we hang out with them and not seek the company of those who put God way down on their list of priorities.

So there you have it....as usual, the scripture you quoted doesn't say what you think it does....
Your own JW bible betrays you.

"My Lord and my God".

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even the NWT "identifies" Jesus as "My Lord and my God".

That's John 20:28 even in the JW bible.

Why are you evading perfectly clear Scripture?
LOL....its not clear at all to you because you have no knowledge of the Bible as a student.
Do some research on the word "theos" (god)....it doesn't mean only Yahweh.
Thomas was acknowledging his Lord with an emotional exclamation.....he was not facilitating a doctrine.

Not vaguely acquainted with Bible study are you? You just believe whatever you are told and then accuse us of being brainwashed....look in the mirror...:IDK:

Reactions: Wrangler

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....its not clear at all to you because you have no knowledge of the Bible as a student.
Do some research on the word "theos" (god)....it doesn't mean only Yahweh.
Thomas was acknowledging his Lord with an emotional exclamation.....he was not facilitating a doctrine.

Not vaguely acquainted with Bible study are you? You just believe whatever you are told and then accuse us of being brainwashed....look in the mirror...:IDK:
So Aunty can't defend her terribly erroneous NWT! You need to call an emergency meeting with the WatchTower to edit out Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal from your bible! You look terribly foolish admitting your own bible is near blasphemous.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sad that the newbie cannot raise the level of discourse. It's easier to just pronounce victory and resort to personal attacks.

The intellectual dishonesty of just ignoring inconvenient Scripture is unfortunate. I'd prefer they recognize the mountain of evidence against their doctrine but weigh the vague implications of oceans of explicit text, e.g., the tennis ball was with God and the tennis ball was God, the mirror was the image, manifesting the tennis ball, etc. :D

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sad that the newbie cannot raise the level of discourse. It's easier to just pronounce victory and resort to personal attacks.

The intellectual dishonesty of just ignoring inconvenient Scripture is unfortunate. I'd prefer they recognize the mountain of evidence against their doctrine but weigh the vague implications of oceans of explicit text, e.g., the tennis ball was with God and the tennis ball was God, the mirror was the image, manifesting the tennis ball, etc. :D
Your NWT says you're wrong.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, please educate us; what verse says "Jesus is God" so I know which verse, specifically needs editing out.
I've already done it several times. lol

But for those who missed it: NWT John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and My God".

Want to read Peter in the NWT saying Jesus was "aware of EVERYTHING"?

Now do your JW Twist! Tell us your NWT doesn't mean what it says.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”

Read the Greek chump chipawa. The designated article "is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow" CLEARLY and OVERTLY refers to the person of Jesus, not his teachings. The rest of what you two tag team tornadoes (Hi Wrangler, wink wink) are espousing is just slaveringy verbal host trying to pass itself off as confidence.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're comparing yourself to Jesus now? And Jesus isn't your Savior?
I'll type this slowly so you can read it. Jesus is my lord but not the LORD God. Jesus is my savior but not the Savior. The true savior is Jesus' father, the only true God, who raised Jesus from the dead.

Does your Bible say Jesus is a servant? Yes or no.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll type this slowly so you can read it. Jesus is my lord but not the LORD God. Jesus is my savior but not the Savior. The true savior is Jesus' father, the only true God, who raised Jesus from the dead.

Does your Bible say Jesus is a servant? Yes or no.
See how God made you confess for all here to witness! "Jesus is not the Savior" according to Wrangler!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
've already done it several times. lol

But for those who missed it: NWT John 20:28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and My God".
This is NOT 'Jesus is God.' Try again.

The Jews told Pilate to write he said he was the King of the Jews. See the distinction? Just tell us what verse says "Jesus is God." In 66 books, it must be stated once or twice in clear language like Is 44:6
This is what Yahweh says:I am the first and the last, and there is no Elohim except me. NOG
This is what the Lord says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “I am the First and the Last; there is no other God. NLT

This verse says YHWH is the only God. So, what verse directly contradicts Is 44:6 and says someone other than YHWH, Jesus is God?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is NOT 'Jesus is God.' Try again.

The Jews told Pilate to write he said he was the King of the Jews. See the distinction? Just tell us what verse says "Jesus is God." In 66 books, it must be stated once or twice in clear language like Is 44:6
This is what Yahweh says:I am the first and the last, and there is no Elohim except me. NOG
This is what the Lord says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “I am the First and the Last; there is no other God. NLT

This verse says YHWH is the only God. So, what verse directly contradicts Is 44:6 and says someone other than YHWH, Jesus is God?
It's your word VS Thomas who knew Jesus personally. You lose.

"My Lord and my God"!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your word VS Thomas who knew Jesus personally. You lose.

"My Lord and my God"!
No loss at all. How come me saying Jesus is my savior is salacious to you but when Thomas says my God, that is definitive for you?

And Does your Bible say Jesus is a servant? Yes or no.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No secret. Not sure the "gotcha" tone there. So, Does your Bible say Jesus is a servant? Yes or no.
You denied saying ""Jesus is my savior but not the Savior." and accused me of SLANDER! I quoted you. You did say it!

Last edited: