In The Name Of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there was a few verses in your bible that would stand out among all the others it would be Galatians 2:20 and others.

There are 5 verses that I look at more often than some of the others at times.

They are Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 1:4, Romans 16:25, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Acts 28:28.

What makes these 5 verses of scripture stand on their own is; they have a particular subject (theme for knowledge) that is not mentioned anywhere else in the bible. Galatians 2:20 is probably that most understood of them all. That was you on that tree, that cursed tree. Humanity is fixed by that tree, He cursed that Adamic-sin-death- (spiritual death) -nature that separated you and I from Him. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ!

The fix was death, your death, when Christ died you died. He killed the old man (first Adam). All in Adam are dead at that moment, the whole world has been crucified in Christ. What stands out in the fact of the matter is; you have to believe. You believe unto salvation, how does that work? Because the cross killed out Adam and his sin (nature), sinners have to believe they need a Savior. When a sinner believes they need a Savior, God in His finite wisdom predestined ,(planned and created a place for all of His plan and purpose to take place in Christ) a birthing to take place at the moment of salvation.

The killing of the old man happens on Calvary's hill. Christ was crucified that I might live. But that living is done by a new man. Through Christ, the new man believer lives (two are one in death and in life). What happened on the cross was so powerful to the understanding of who I am. When everything is said and done and eternity sets in, we will see how the cross made believers new and fresh as a new born babe never knowing sin or having a sin nature. All things are passed away as if they never existed.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

What is that salvation? Death. Your salvation was contingent on a death burial and resurrection, the killing of a nature that separated you from Him. The word crucifixion is drawn from the cross. In other words if you were killed some other way it has no meaning as far as a death unto life. What would it have done to you if when you were saved and you saw yourself hanging on the cross. In Christ of coarse but that is what happened to you and I, crucified in Christ. It was you on that cross (first Adam) and when Christ died you died with him. You didn't feel a single stripe, He took the pain of being beaten to death and dieing a bloody death.

Why so specific and graphic? Because it was as specific and graphic as he lay dieing, bruised and battered for you and I. But you were in Him the moment Jesus laid a dead head on a dead shoulder and killed out the part of man that could not stand in front of a loving God. Someone said to me one time "if He was so loving why would He kill His only Son."

Because of love! He provided a sacrifice for Himself and killed the thing that kept you from Him. Glory to His name!

We don't blaspheme that name. That name above every name. At that name the sea's are calmed, and it makes the desert to bloom again. Hallelujah.