Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” - how James saved me from myself!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

James 4:15 said:
Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

This verse literally saved me, from myself. Specifically, I realised that I was making plans constantly, without trusting the Lord at all. Even in meditation, I would try to reach a state that I thought was stable - not what the Lord was giving me, should He be willing. If feel a little guilty, posting something so simple; but actually, a lot of the time, on this board, I see people making long lists of verses and how they interpret them - and that without questioning what the Lord may be willing to reveal. The process is supposed to be a relationship, not a dictation!

I feel like Jesus would say "I still have time, for you, even if you want to make your own point; but, yes, it would be better if you left room for me to check your facts and add my interpretation" "Walk while you have the light", right? The power of this, is that Jesus is able to change your heart, not just your mind. If you declare your heart for the Lord, then, you are asking for the most possible change that God can manage (through Jesus). I make it a practice now, to question whether the Lord is willing - at least, Lord willing, I do.

There are principalities and powers, that can hold you back - even as a "Christian" - if you are totally relying on your own strength (and not at least checking with the Lord's). Nothing can free you, until you are trusting in the Lord for everything. You might not have much, but if you trust the Lord with it, your faith will change, and with your faith your heart, and having your heart, you will have mercy. This is the power of Christ's Compassion: it gives to us what we need, to be more about Him - not because He is great in His own eyes, but because He is no greater than God made Him. So trust Him?

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you - Lord willing, it reaches you in time.

God bless.