Into Africa

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

I have been in East Africa for a few weeks and things are interesting to say the least. Besides having a touch of malaria eveything is progressing well. I was by Lake Victoria speaking in one of our churches about Divine Love and it was recieved very well. Last time I was there it was so dry that people were facing starvation but this time the land is fat and people are doing well. There was about 70 people, young and old, in the church and I can see a spiritual maturity starting to take hold of the congregation as a whole. We ordained four people by the laying on of hands and the whole church prayed together to recieve the gift of God's Divine Love.

You know, it is one thing to speak about the theolgy of Tabernacles but quite another thing to live it. It mostly boils down to individual actions and being led by the Spirit in the little things. I hope to make it to Uganda and Rwanda this trip but we shall see how the election shakes out.

God bless,

Justin

Reactions: forrestcupp

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Africa is fertile ground for the spreading of the Gospel.

My daughter has felt called to Mozambique although she doesn't know for how long. She will be leaving within the next couple of months.

Even though the demographics show that the majority there claim to be Christian, missionaries there are seeing a very strong hunger for God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the catholic church is exploding in africa :)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Absolutely correct.
Which is one of the reasons there is a push for a Cardinal from Africa to be the next Pope.
There is also a push for there to be a Cardinal from South America for the same reason.

The primary Cardinal from Africa being considered has already been given a place of authority and responsibility within the Vatican by Benedict, so I could see it happening.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My cousin and his family just moved to Uganda to start a ministry called Friday Night Church.
Foreigner said:
Absolutely correct.
Which is one of the reasons there is a push for a Cardinal from Africa to be the next Pope.
There is also a push for there to be a Cardinal from South America for the same reason.

The primary Cardinal from Africa being considered has already been given a place of authority and responsibility within the Vatican by Benedict, so I could see it happening.
There is also a push from some groups for a Pope from the US. I don't see that happening, though.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Me, either.
I do think the European control on the Papacy is going to come to and end, though.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah i am praying for a noneuropean pope. i would love to see a african pope - in would be so good for the catholic church

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I would tend to agree.

Catholics/Christians from Africa and South America tend to be much more conservative in their faith than Europeans.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's probably true, but you can't get much more conservative than Pope Benedict. His whole goal was to make sure the Catholic Church didn't become liberal.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foreigner said:
Actually, he wanted to make sure it didn't become more liberal.
Fair point. The Catholic Church is pretty weird when it comes to that. It's ok to smoke and get drunk, but it's not ok to take birth control.