Intolerance And Judgmentalism In A Christian Forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have as many buttons as I used to have though I obviously still have a few.
you tell us in post #17 you don't have as many buttons as you used to have.....alright alright, it must be the tropics or I've been left behind :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you tell us in post #17 you don't have as many buttons as you used to have.....alright alright, it must be the tropics or I've been left behind :)
Oh, you're being funny. Lol I guess that is kinda funny. I just finished my first cup. I just had a second chuckle...think I'll have a second cup as well! Lol

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?
I think this is natural and inescapable to religion. We all have ideas of what is not acceptable behavior for Christians. And everyones ideas are different. What's acceptable for one member is not for another. So it comes across as judgmental.

I'm just going to keep being me. And I'll let you do you. Cheers.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think this is natural and inescapable to religion. We all have ideas of what is not acceptable behavior for Christians. And everyones ideas are different. What's acceptable for one member is not for another. So it comes across as judgmental.

You may disagree with me, but I'll defend your right to disagree with me.

Reactions: dev553344

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a fellow..on another Christian Forum.
- Some time ago..
---
He said,
- He is 100% right..on many topics (on his posts/comments)..
When some people point out his errors..
- He writes same comments/posts again.
---
Another fellow on the Forum.. gave him the title.
'The Supreme Judge of this Forum'..
Lol.
--
*I am on several Christian Forums.

Reactions: Rita and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Intolerance And Judgmentalism In A Christian Forum
In the range of 'normal' I'd say Barny. Anyone able to laugh at themselves might be considered having insufficient piety.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bishop Chaput pointed out that tolerance is not a Christian virtue.

He added that evil begs for tolerance, then when common, condemns good.
Not tolerance of what they believe, tolerance for their abusive, irrational, and insulting demeanor.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone able to laugh at themselves might be considered having insufficient piety.

Just to confirm; did you mean anyone NOT able to laugh at themselves may be insufficiently pious?

I think people who can’t laugh at themselves take themselves entirely too seriously.

Reactions: Rita

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?

If I may give an amateur psychoanalysis: I think many people's egos are tied to their doctrines. To so much as disagree with them is a blow to their ego. This happens because they are not faithfully connected to the branch. They are connected to someone or something else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much emphasis on doctrine and not enough on real Love... Help us all dear Lord!

We happened to be reading this part this morning,

1 Peter 4:8 KJV
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

There really IS a multitude of sins that need covered by our love for each other!

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We happened to be reading this part this morning,

1 Peter 4:8 KJV
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

There really IS a multitude of sins that need covered by our love for each other!

Much love!
Right on it my friend!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite a few bad apples I would say that this community and this site overall is very welcoming and friendly. I’ve seen worse in real life and online. There are some disagreements here but it’s not hostile and downright nasty.
Some people here are lovely and it’s a joy to read them so Thank You for being nice and God bless you all.
I agree, there are many good ones here!

Much love!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot of intolerance and judgmentalism about people who are judgmental and intolerant.

Next there will be complaints about people complaining. :rolleyes:
You know, I really don't like that you complain about people's complaints, and I really think you should stop!

Much love!

Reactions: Stumpmaster

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's right! We're all different, and we just need to be "the one" to make a point to not offend.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right! We're all different, and we just need to be "the one" to make a point to not offend.

Much love!
It's my belief that there are many churches because people are all different. This means that not all will start from the same position in religion. But yes the direction should be the same, The light of Christ.