Intolerance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intolerance
OP^

Unwillingness to accept behaviors and beliefs different than your own.

Accept; come to believe as valid or correct.

Intolerance is an interesting word.
Intolerance applied to a person, place, thing BECOMES a hotbed of discussion and accusation lashing out.

Fact is: Everyone has behaviors and beliefs they are unwilling to accept.

Fact is: “Politically Correct” promotes “tolerance”, of every behavior and belief different than your own.

Fact is:
I am not a ‘politician’.
Most people are not ‘politicians’.
“Politician Correctness” is a valid stance in treatment (NOT AGREEMENT of an others Beliefs) BUT treatment of others according to the law.

Fact is:
It gets “sticker”, with blanket statements...regarding “groups”.
Jews, Christians, Muslims, Races, Sexual Preferences, Ages, etc.

I don’t know ALL People.
People within the SAME groups are “intolerant” within their own groups.
(And odd, but that ^ is society wise, tolerable).

It’s a conundrum...

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of all things I admire about the American constitution and your founding fathers determination to obey it, was their willingness to tolerate the influx of Catholic immigrants despite their very recent experience in Catholic intolerance of protestantism and vice versa. This took immense courage, because there were no absolute guarantees from any future Catholic administration that they would be as tolerant of protestantism in the future.
One looks at the current influx of illegal Catholic immigrants from central and south America due to deliberate actions from the current Catholic administration, and it makes one wonder.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of all things I admire about the American constitution and your founding fathers determination to obey it, was their willingness to tolerate the influx of Catholic immigrants despite their very recent experience in Catholic intolerance of protestantism and vice versa. This took immense courage, because there were no absolute guarantees from any future Catholic administration that they would be as tolerant of protestantism in the future.
One looks at the current influx of illegal Catholic immigrants from central and south America due to deliberate actions from the current Catholic administration, and it makes one wonder.
They are not Catholic, except in name only, disciples of Satan.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Is the intolerance for opposing opinions that is now so prevalent across western society, any different from the religious intolerance that so dominated society during the dark ages?..

Christians don't want to mix with non-christians and the Bible backs us up, is that the "intolerance" you're referring to?
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 )
"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company”- George Washington
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser" - Donald Trump

Personally i find nonchristians just plain-

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What papal orders? The last real Pope was Pope Benedict.
Papal goals to make America Catholic, destroy the constitution, or ignore it, and destroy protestantism. All those agendas are under way and in the current climate whereby the Christian "right" is so in sync with the Catholic agenda in politics, an amalgamation of protestantism and catholicism is inevitable. Thus protestantism will have apostatized, and spiritually fallen Babylon will be on the throne.

Reactions: Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not. If they are in subjection to papal orders, then they are Catholic.
In the name of unity and tolerance i have decided to meet ROME half way .
Now pay close attention . Ye have heard it said that rome makes decrees and calls them a papal bull .
While i dont agree with their doctrine i do agree if it cometh of ROME its definitely BULL . And that is me meeting them halfway .
Now be encouraged everyone and remember lets meet them half way . SO repeat after me if it comes from rome ITS BULL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What happened that Pope Benedict is a valid pontificate but not Pope Francis's.
I would say that the goings on of the world was changing very much so at the time Pope Ben came in, and the delves had to much power for Ben to deal with.
Years before Cardinal Ratzinger became the Pope he explained a lot of things, very interesting ! as to do with the future of Christianity were it was heading, he was right back then, a very intelligent man. but he was to old to take on the position as Pope and deal with it all and had many in the RC who hatred of Pope JP2 and him as Cardinal in fact, all of the Queers in the RCC hated Pope JP2 for sending out letters every 2ed week to all priest rejecting all Gay behaviour.
So when Pope Ben on his first day said for people to pray for him, due to the great power of all the Gay Priest power within the Church.
Many of the Popes had called out the Satanist power within the RCC, the real Pope Paul said so and was killed and a imposter took over, as Pope Paul's friends and family said so ! and the intent of this imposter Pope changed direction very much so from the real Pope Paul and this monster got them thick glasses form then on ?

So Pope Ben had to step down and let the worldly faction of Jesuits take over, so this child molester took the name Pope Frances. so this lowlife before he became Pope has a very bad record, if anyone bothers to look into it all, he is a very evil man, busted for child molesting in 72 I think it was and supporting a totally corrupt evil Government and all that was involved in that ! murdering madness and all.

So in comes this Godless Jesuit, that the RCC has said for many years that such an Order should never become a Pope !
But this type of Order is very powerful within the RCC and they are a worldly order, nothing to do with Jesus Christ but the Church ? the institution it's self ? devoid of Christ Jesus.

Now we see after WW2 the RCC change and become more worldly, the creation of Vatican 2 takes place, this is a more worldly stance direction. Carnal religious nonsense, but the future of the RCC to survive in a changing world. some of the change was for a good reason but the under current was bad and lead to corruption getting out of hand with crap Priest. Not to mention many Communist were placed in as Priest ! and the real worthy Priest were not encouraged to enter into the Priesthood, The Corruption only wanted Gay type Priest that were wimps that would follow orders un questioning. Pip squeaks useless wind bags that's doing a Job ?

Being a Priest is not a Job ! it's a Vocation ! and one must be totally invested in Christ Jesus first and foremost in your life with total conviction. ready to stand up for Christ Jesus totally 100%. but that conviction is not their at all with the slobs nowadays, no wonder they have lost the younger generation to this world, were they will all consume themselves like the wolves they are.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that the goings on of the world was changing very much so at the time Pope Ben came in, and the delves had to much power for Ben to deal with.
Years before Cardinal Ratzinger became the Pope he explained a lot of things, very interesting ! as to do with the future of Christianity were it was heading, he was right back then, a very intelligent man. but he was to old to take on the position as Pope and deal with it all and had many in the RC who hatred of Pope JP2 and him as Cardinal in fact, all of the Queers in the RCC hated Pope JP2 for sending out letters every 2ed week to all priest rejecting all Gay behaviour.
So when Pope Ben on his first day said for people to pray for him, due to the great power of all the Gay Priest power within the Church.
Many of the Popes had called out the Satanist power within the RCC, the real Pope Paul said so and was killed and a imposter took over, as Pope Paul's friends and family said so ! and the intent of this imposter Pope changed direction very much so from the real Pope Paul and this monster got them thick glasses form then on ?

So Pope Ben had to step down and let the worldly faction of Jesuits take over, so this child molester took the name Pope Frances. so this lowlife before he became Pope has a very bad record, if anyone bothers to look into it all, he is a very evil man, busted for child molesting in 72 I think it was and supporting a totally corrupt evil Government and all that was involved in that ! murdering madness and all.

So in comes this Godless Jesuit, that the RCC has said for many years that such an Order should never become a Pope !
But this type of Order is very powerful within the RCC and they are a worldly order, nothing to do with Jesus Christ but the Church ? the institution it's self ? devoid of Christ Jesus.

Now we see after WW2 the RCC change and become more worldly, the creation of Vatican 2 takes place, this is a more worldly stance direction. Carnal religious nonsense, but the future of the RCC to survive in a changing world. some of the change was for a good reason but the under current was bad and lead to corruption getting out of hand with crap Priest. Not to mention many Communist were placed in as Priest ! and the real worthy Priest were not encouraged to enter into the Priesthood, The Corruption only wanted Gay type Priest that were wimps that would follow orders un questioning. Pip squeaks useless wind bags that's doing a Job ?

Being a Priest is not a Job ! it's a Vocation ! and one must be totally invested in Christ Jesus first and foremost in your life with total conviction. ready to stand up for Christ Jesus totally 100%. but that conviction is not their at all with the slobs nowadays, no wonder they have lost the younger generation to this world, were they will all consume themselves like the wolves they are.
I happen to be a big fan of Joseph Ratzinger as a cardinal, and theologian before He became Pope. If what you say about his resignation is true it makes him out to be lacking the courage to do what he was called to do. Now it seems the behavioral issue of homosexual Priests has been resolved, maybe, but the efforts to normalize homosexual behavior seems to be alive and well among Priests in disregard to the natural law.

I expect the Catholic Church to bear the brunt of anti-christian efforts. To be the first to be judged and punished. Because institutionally the Catholic Church is supposed to be the example.

I am not a big fan of Pope Francis as he does seem to be supportive of the agenda of lawlessness that is attempting to reform conscience and redefine human nature.

But a bad Pope even a heretical Pope isn't reason that would invalidate his election.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians don't want to mix with non-christians and the Bible backs us up, is that the "intolerance" you're referring to?
It wasn't a part of my original thoughts when considering this topic, but you have raised a relevant avenue of discussion. I have no idea what that little snippet of a video was all about, but I agree with you, same find the worldview of unbelievers very shallow and superficial. Yet each and every one is precious in the sight of God, and candidates for the kingdom. Presenting them with ideas and thought provoking challenges to deeper thinking is one way to engage them in conversation, not to impress them with our knowledge and profundity, but as an avenue for the gospel, the gospel itself being a concept that can be understood by children, if they are willing to think outside of their own self imposed boundaries.

That said, I have, over the 40+years of my Christian walk, met with innumerable Christians with whom I considered friendship impossibly intolerable. For all manner of reasons. That however didn't redirect my desires for true Christian fellowship toward the world, but reconsider my own walk and ponder how I, as a true child of God, may present myself to those in the world in an engaging loving manner that reveals I do actually care for them and have their best interests at heart.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened that Pope Benedict is a valid pontificate but not Pope Francis's.
Pope Francis is a liberal who is pushing to get the acceptance of homosexuality, that's why he was put in there in the first place, one only needs to read between the lines, just look at all the things he's said, most American Bishops and clergy are against him, to the point he's threatened them with excommunication from the Church.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I agree with you, same find the worldview of unbelievers very shallow and superficial. Yet each and every one is precious in the sight of God, and candidates for the kingdom..

Yes of course, but Jesus was quite clear that we shouldn't waste any more time on them if they continue in their unbelief because they're showing their disrespect of Jesus, so I personally don't want anything to do with them
"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 )
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pope Francis is a liberal who is pushing to get the acceptance of homosexuality, that's why he was put in there in the first place, one only needs to read between the lines, just look at all the things he's said, most American Bishops and clergy are against him, to the point he's threatened them with excommunication from the Church.
Whatever seems clear and obvious as far as Francis' agenda is concerned, like being a liberal gay supporter, a promoter of theistic evolution, and other seemingly non traditional Catholic teachings, I would suggest you set aside those things as being the ultimate goal, and look a little deeper, for example. His encyclical, Laudato Si. There has always been a common thread throughout all recent papal leadership, even since, like forever. First, the Catholicisation of America. Then the world. What was in the dark ages as far as Catholic domination of Europe, now you may justifiably make that situation a global goal. The Vatican seeks nothing less, and the gay announcements, the confusing stances on abortion and the veracity of Genesis, the confusing statements regarding the salvation situation of protestants, are all just deliberate distractions and false leads. Remember, he's a Jesuit first and foremost, and the Jesuit goal since it's inception is to destroy protestantism, everywhere. That hasn't changed. And neither has the Papacy.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes of course, but Jesus was quite clear that we shouldn't waste any more time on them if they continue in their unbelief because they're showing their disrespect of Jesus, so I personally don't want anything to do with them
"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

I'm not suggesting we make unbelievers our closest confidants and friends, mixing with them and partaking of their habits and practises. And we need to be very careful in judging anyone a closed door as far as the gospel is concerned. We really need to hear the holy Spirit's leading in closing people off from the message. Seeds down years ago by others can be watered today, and sprout in years to come.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know a Christian street preacher who hangs around with nonbelievers, his excuse is that "Jesus used to do it."
I pointed out to him that Jesus also said "walk away if they won't listen" (Mark 6:11), but he doesn't do that, and hangs around with them permanently going to MacDonalds and restaurants for meals with them, and even invites them to his house in violation of this verse-
"..do not take them into your house or welcome them.
Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work" (2 John 1:7-11)

They're a ragbag assortment of atheists and other faiths and he admitted to me that they make him feel drained of energy.
As a result his life is a mess, he's got two divorces behind him, he's been hauled up court twice for not paying his poll tax, and his phone and electricity has been cut off at various times for not paying the bills.
The good news is that I've read the riot act to him and I think he's beginning to see sense and is limiting his association with the losers nowadays..:)

Reactions: Brakelite