Irrefutable biblical proof that death is abolished at the second coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God is crystal clear that physical death is abolished at the second coming of the Lord. The irrefutable verses and passages make this truth abundantly clear for whosoever has ears to hear. What is NOT as clearly understood is how the life we have in Christ is eternal, or never ending since every human is ordained to physically die. If death of our natural, mortal body is the end of life for those who die in Christ, why does Christ repeatedly say the life we receive through His Spirit within shall never die? Is our body a flesh a reflection only of the true human within? After all does not Scripture tell us life comes from the spirit, and flesh profits nothing.

John 6:63 (KJV) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the one who dies in Christ, the life we have through Him is eternal never ending 'spiritual' life through His Spirit in us. If when our natural body dies we are not awakened to life a spiritual body of believers in heaven, why does Christ say the life we received when we were born again never die?

John 11:25-26 (KJV) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

In order to literally never die, obviously, what is recorded in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 has to happen to them first.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Suppose that what is recorded in verse 51---we shall all be changed---and what is recorded in verse 53---this mortal must put on immortality--that this never happens. You would then have us believe that it still equals what Jesus said when He said ye shall never die? IOW, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 is irrelevant and has zero to do with never dying.

Obviously, in order to never die after you have already physically died means you need to bodily live again first. And once you start doing that again, that is when you shall never die, from that point forward.

Reactions: Zao is life

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to literally never die, obviously, what is recorded in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 has to happen to them first.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Suppose that what is recorded in verse 51---we shall all be changed---and what is recorded in verse 53---this mortal must put on immortality--that this never happens. You would then have us believe that it still equals what Jesus said when He said ye shall never die? IOW, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 is irrelevant and has zero to do with never dying.

Obviously, in order to never die after you have already physically died means you need to bodily live again first. And once you start doing that again, that is when you shall never die, from that point forward.

Is our body who man is? Or is our body of flesh that which houses the man within that is spirit? There is no doubt none shall be immortal & incorruptible flesh until the last trump sounds and our bodies of flesh are raised up and changed (at least for those who died in Christ). Knowing that our body of flesh for every living creature is destined to die, how do you explain the words spoken by our Lord, saying "Ye shall NEVER die"???

Immortality is of our flesh, not of our spirit that is given eternal/never ending life that shall never die! If death of our flesh meant death also of our spirit, what is the purpose of the Spirit sent from Christ within us never departing before we receive our new body of flesh resurrected immortal?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:21-26: “For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”

1 Corinthians 15:51-54: “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

The whole context of these passages is noticeably focused in on “the resurrection of the dead” and the termination of death. This is the time when corruption is banished from the earth forever.

But when does this happen?

Both of these passages demonstrate that this occurs at the “coming” (or parousia) of the Lord, which is described as “the last trump.” It also confirms that this ushers in “the end.” This is the closing curtain of time, sin, corruption and mortality. We are now into eternity.

Death is finally and eternally destroyed at the second coming, the time here denoted as “the end.” As Jesus comes and rescues ‘the just’ in the twinkling of an eye He also destroys ‘the unjust’. These passages distinctly describe the end. Those “in Adam all die.” The second coming is shown to be the termination of all rebellion. It is the time “when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power." But equally, “in Christ shall all be made alive.” This is the time “when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father.” It is clear that everything is tied up at the end (“His coming”).

These texts show that for one to inherit the age and state to come, glorification is necessary: “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” The kingdom age to come (after this age) is perfect. It is incorrupt. Every vestige of the Fall is removed. No mortal can inherit/inhabit or possess this great incorrupt state. It is solely the domain of the glorified. It is eternal. It is not governed by time, as our age is. Time indeed shall be no more when Jesus returns.

This eliminates the oft-stated Premillennial claim that the unsaved can in fact inhabit the new earth. Regardless of whether one is saved or not, if they aren’t glorified, they cannot inherit the new earth. No mortal shall inhabit it.

It is plain to see from these texts: for man to be able to inherit the new glorified earth – which is totally free of the curse – he must be adequately prepared for it. The eternal state is indeed a prepared place for a prepared people.

Man’s whole sinful makeup must be completely changed in order to allow him to grace it. Every vestige of the Fall must be divested before entering into that new arrangement. This is accomplished by way of glorification. The invisible inner man is not only changed (as in conversion), but Paul speaks of a complete bodily change. Whilst we have “earthly” bodies now, at the Lord’s coming we will have new “spiritual” bodies. Our current bodies that are corruptible must be changed into incorruptible ones, so that no trace of the curse remains. Paul presents glorification as the means by which this supernatural metamorphous occurs.

Our “earthly” bodies will be changed to “spiritual” bodies that are completely devoid of sin and corruption. The saints will undergo the same simultaneous transformation that creation experiences. The creature is thus then adequately prepared to inherit the new incorrupt glorified earth. Both can now live in perfect harmony in God’s new eternal order. This arrangement will never again be blighted by the bondage of corruption. Man and creation enter into a new irreversible eternal arrangement.

The phrase “he shall have delivered up” comes from the single Greek word paradidomi meaning surrender, yield up, intrust, or transmit. This is what happens to the kingdom when Christ comes. He surrenders it to His Father, He yields it up.

The converse phrase “he shall have put down” comes from the single Greek word katargeo meaning: bring to nought, none effect, or abolish.

This is what happens to “all” existing “rule and all authority and power” when Jesus Comes. The rule of man comes to an end and now it becomes the rule of God.

After telling us that Christ’s coming sees the termination of the wicked and their evil operations, the writer tells us that Christ’s reign over His enemies must continue until this climactic point. Whilst “all power” is now assuredly given unto Christ “in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18) through His life, death and resurrection, and whilst through this victorious work “he hath put all things under his feet” in a sovereign manner, we have not yet seen the final subduing of wickedness.

God’s purpose is that the entire creation will be regenerated. That is, the whole universe will be freed from the curse of corruption and degeneration. In intent is to bring a whole new order when He returns that will be marked by righteousness and eternality. A new regenerated creation will welcome a freshly perfected redeemed people. We are therefore looking at universal regeneration.

I wanted to applaud at different times reading your above speculations. But that, unfortunately, even though inspired by the scriptures, does not accurately explain it, but gives rather a vision of well intended religious conjectures and error. Which is not a bad thing--not meant to be criticism, and certainly it agrees with the hopes and dreams of thousands of years of longing. Unfortunately, it still gives off, gives away, it's origins as coming from the long shadows of darkness not yet fully revealed by the light.

Be prepared for that to change. It gets better than has thus been imagined.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, with one minor difference of opinion. I believe the body that is resurrected and changed to immortal & incorruptible will be as our human body was in the beginning when God created man. I believe it will be physical, of flesh made from the earth, with a breath of life that is spirit that returns with the Lord to give physical life to our body of flesh, and together flesh + spirit shall again be a complete living soul.

I believe in 1Cor 15 Paul writes not only of what believers shall be when our body of flesh is resurrected and changed, but he also shows us that when our natural body of flesh is dead it awakes (is raised up) a "spiritual body" that ascends to heaven to be with the Lord. That's why Paul longed to be rid of his body of death, knowing that when his flesh was dead he would be spiritually alive with the Lord in heaven. Knowing while physically alive Christ is magnified in the body of believers, and that does not change when our flesh has breathed it's last for even in death as a spiritual body of saints Christ shall be magnified.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1:20-21 (KJV) According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I believe, like John, it is Paul's desire that we understand that death of our flesh does not end the everlasting life we have through Christ in us. The death of our natural body for believers simply means to put off our mortal body of death to be raised up a spiritual body of believers in heaven, where we shall be as the angels of God in heaven, celestial/heavenly beings until an hour coming, when the last trumpet sounds and our spirit is reunited with our flesh to immortal life with Christ forever on the new earth.
I wouldn't disagree with that. I know we are dealing with mysteries. But this sounds right. :)

Reactions: rwb

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is our body who man is? Or is our body of flesh that which houses the man within that is spirit? There is no doubt none shall be immortal & incorruptible flesh until the last trump sounds and our bodies of flesh are raised up and changed (at least for those who died in Christ). Knowing that our body of flesh for every living creature is destined to die, how do you explain the words spoken by our Lord, saying "Ye shall NEVER die"???

Immortality is of our flesh, not of our spirit that is given eternal/never ending life that shall never die! If death of our flesh meant death also of our spirit, what is the purpose of the Spirit sent from Christ within us never departing before we receive our new body of flesh resurrected immortal?

But death is a physical reality for everyone. Our physical bodies do die. Our spirits do not. That has to be talking about our spiritual man.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But death is a physical reality for everyone. Our physical bodies do die. Our spirits do not. That has to be talking about our spiritual man.

I agree! It is the spirit, through the life-giving Spirit within that has eternal/everlasting life that shall never die. Though our mortal body of flesh shall die, we as a spiritual body of believers ascends to heaven alive called living souls. Isn't that why John writes of souls alive after physical death who in life had partaken of the first resurrection? In life before being martyred they lived and reigned with Christ in time, symbolized a thousand years. In death they continue to be alive through the Spirit of Christ within and became a spiritual body of saints in heaven.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree! It is the spirit, through the life-giving Spirit within that has eternal/everlasting life that shall never die. Though our mortal body of flesh shall die, we as a spiritual body of believers ascends to heaven alive called living souls. Isn't that why John writes of souls alive after physical death who in life had partaken of the first resurrection? In life before being martyred they lived and reigned with Christ in time, symbolized a thousand years. In death they continue to be alive through the Spirit of Christ within and became a spiritual body of saints in heaven.

Totally agree!

Reactions: rwb

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to applaud at different times reading your above speculations. But that, unfortunately, even though inspired by the scriptures, does not accurately explain it, but gives rather a vision of well intended religious conjectures and error. Which is not a bad thing--not meant to be criticism, and certainly it agrees with the hopes and dreams of thousands of years of longing. Unfortunately, it still gives off, gives away, it's origins as coming from the long shadows of darkness not yet fully revealed by the light.

Be prepared for that to change. It gets better than has thus been imagined.

I am not sure what this means. What is your issue?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is going to naturally die in the Millennium. That is the entire point of Isaiah 65.

"And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands."

Shall long enjoy is implication of the Millennium and living the entire time.

The mention of death and sinners, cannot describe the NHNE. Yet many want Isaiah 65 to describe the NHNE.

The same reason that Revelation 20 cannot be describing Revelation 21.

The reason Death is that last enemy, is not necessarily because people can still die. In Revelation Death is called a place. In this case Death is similar to punishment or a prison. Disobedience is still a thing in the Millennium, but being a sinner is not. The last enemy is the punishment for Disobedience.

Think about Adam and the punishment God promised when Adam decided to disobey God. Adam did not disobey because he was born a sinner in a state of death like humans today. Adam did not disobey because Eve was deceived. Adam disobeyed God because he made a choice to do the one thing God told him not to do.

People in the Millennium will not be in a state of death nor deception. They will know the law from conception and live the law because that will be the easiest and normal thing to do. They will not be bound by death, and eventually die. They will be bound by obedience to their King, Jesus, until they make a decision to deliberately disobey Jesus.

Isaiah 65 implies only children will have difficulty. As they mature into adults by the age of 100 they will be set in their obedience to Jesus. If they disobey they will be removed from society and placed into Death, with no parol, but will end up in the LOF. It does not seem they just simply die and are buried. There would be some process by which one is handed over to the authorities and be considered cursed, and that is why there is a process of government and rule with Christ as priests.

Many even point to the group at the end consumed by fire in the sight of the entire world. The punishment of disobedience will not be chaos and loss of control. Punishment will not be a deterrence against disobedience. Punishment will be the means of not letting sin into the world like what happened to Adam and Eve who were allowed to live in sin and a state of death the rest of their physical lives.

The Millennium is not a time of conversion out of death into life. That was the last 2 millennia. The Day of the Lord is exactly what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 15.

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

That was the original purpose of the sons of God in Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Jesus will accomplish on the earth while present on the earth, what Adam failed to do.

Not by converting dead sinners. It will be a thousand years of multiplying and filling the earth. The earth is full today, and yet 100% have not decided to accept the second birth. That can never be forced upon a human. After the Second Coming the opposite will be true. One will have to choose to deliberately disobey. All will have been made alive. Now the choice will be to disobey God.

This verse does not imply universalism:

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Paul is not saying every last human are in Christ, even though they were from the foundation of the world. The point Paul was making has to include the fact that all who reject God will be removed from the Lamb's book of life by an obvious decision they made and not that God forces them out of redemption. Thus one will be able to decide to be removed.

Nor are all humans instantly destroyed at the Second Coming per Amil theory. Paul has always pointed out that now, prior to the Second Coming, is when humans need to make that decision. Not when they are physically standing before a physical Jesus in judgment.

Pre-mill are wrong in stating the wicked get to keep living on earth after the Second Coming. Adam's punishment has ended at the Second Coming, per John when time has been declared up, in Revelation 10. Now evey human must decide for themselves to disobey, no longer part of Adam's punishment. One's own choice will lead to death, the last enemy.

Do you have Scripture to support that in Rev 20?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any passage can be called "highly debatable", but what is the debate? Whether to accept it at face value or not. The fact is, the passage gives narrative prophecy composed of propositional statements, to be believed, or disbelieved.

Declaring these statements as symbolic lacks Scriptural authority, which means it's someone's opinion only, and that being an opinion that is countered by the plain sayings of the Bible.

Much love!

I did not say "highly debatable." I said "highly debated." Big difference!

The term "a thousand" is used in most languages in a general figurative sense to represent a large number or a large indefinite period. Certain common numbers are frequently used in Scripture as valuable symbols to represent particular divine truths or ideas; a thousand and ten thousand are two such numbers. They are employed as familiar figures to impress deep spiritual principles in a distinctly comprehendible and identifiable way. It is not necessarily the exact numerical size of the figure outlined that is important but the spiritual idea that it represents. In fact, English dictionaries recognize the indefinite nature of a thousand defining it variously as a very large number or a great number or amount. This use is very common in our daily language.

One and a thousand are brought together in a metaphorical sense in Psalm 84:9-10 to represent a similar illustrative thought as that of Deuteronomy 32:30. Using a comparable idea, although applying it to a specific measure of time, we learn, “Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”

Comparing ‘one’ to ‘a thousand’ is common in Scripture; however, it is not simply a concept that is narrowly restricted to the subject of time, or exact time at that. This figurative statement in essence asserts that a day in the Lord’s presence is more blessed than untold ordinary ones outside of such. It in no way indicates that one (twenty-four hour) day in God’s presence exactly represents one thousand days elsewhere, such a limit would be an unfair restriction upon the meaning intended. Such a literal interpretation is at clear variance with the undoubted general usage of the phrase in Scripture and the specific import of the reading under analysis.

The figure a thousand is also employed in Psalm 50:10-11 to denote the greatness of God’s providence, saying, “For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.”

Does Christ only own the cattle on one thousand hills or does he own them all? Of course there is no way that this passage suggests that Christ only owns the cattle on one thousand hills. Rather, He owns every beast on every hill, thus revealing His omnipotence. The statement reference the “thousand hills” is preceded y the introductory comment: “For every beast of the forest is mine.” This is simply presented in such a way as to express the unfathomable authority and power of the living God. It beautifully correlates with the truth expressed in 1 Corinthians 10:28, which states, “the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.”

The term “a thousand” is thus used to in some way express the nature and awesome power of Almighty God. The phrase is used to portray the Sovereignty of God and His supreme kingship over all creation. We must clearly acknowledge that the figure ‘a thousand’ is consistently and symbolically employed, throughout the Word of God, to denote an unfathomable amount or a vast period.

Even the figurative every-day statement ‘one in a thousand’ has emanated from the fountainhead of Scripture. It is found in Ecclesiastes 7:27-28 where Solomon laments, “one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found. Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.”

Solomon laments over the fact that he barely found any upright man in his travels. They were the exception rather than the rule. The thought here intended is that the man under consideration is of a particular choice character, being, as it where, the pick-of-the-bunch. The usage of the numbers one and a thousand is thus employed to represent a particular truth rather than specifically describing an accurate numerical equation.

In the same vein, Job 33:23 declares, “If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness.” The same two common numbers are used here in the form of a contrast to simply portray the picture of a special vessel. Again, it is not the numbers that are important but the idea they represent.

As we have already discovered in our studies, the same kind of function is repeatedly afforded to the use of the term ‘ten thousand’ as is ‘a thousand’ in Scripture. It is often used in the same context and in the same way as a symbol to represent an immense figure. Thus, the Song of Solomon 5:10 declares, “My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.”

Ten thousand is here used to, in some way, portray the deep-rooted emotions that a man feels towards his sweetheart. The usage of the number ‘ten thousand’ thus indicates the idea of the deep affection of the man rather than specifically describing an exact numerical computation.

The same idea is presented in 2 Samuel 18:2-3 where David is seen preparing for battle. He tells the people, “I will surely go forth with you myself also.” To which the people responded, “Thou shalt not go forth: for if we flee away, they will not care for us; neither if half of us die, will they care for us: but now thou art worth ten thousand of us: therefore now it is better that thou succour us out of the city.”

Jesus employs the number ten thousand as a general figure in Luke 14:31 to relate the necessity of wisdom, asking, “what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with TWENTY THOUSAND?”

The distinct contrast between one and a thousand is again found in Job 9:2-3, where Job declares, “I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.”

This passage is contrasting the infinite knowledge of God to the finite knowledge of God. This language is stating the enormous depth of God's understanding rather than limiting God to the capacity to only answer a thousand questions.

The same idea is intended in Isaiah 60:21-22, where the prophet instructs, in relation to the New Earth, “Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time.”

This passage is expressed in such a manner to in some way describe the great standing, wealth and supernatural power that is found in them that are God’s. God magnifies them in such a manner that the world cannot remotely comprehend. The expressions thus indicate magnitude:

A little one = a thousand
A small one = a strong nation

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say "highly debatable." I said "highly debated." Big difference!
I stand corrected, thank you! John 3:16 is also highly debated.

I stand by the rest of what I wrote.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same vein, Job 33:23 declares, “If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness.” The same two common numbers are used here in the form of a contrast to simply portray the picture of a special vessel. Again, it is not the numbers that are important but the idea they represent.
These references have meaning because 1000 itself has a meaning as an ordinal number. One is ordinal, one thousand is ordinal, One in a thousand has meaning because of the fact that these numbers mean something.

I agree with you that there is an idea being represented, that among many, only one, or not even one.

And there is likewise an idea being represented,

Revelation 20:1-2 EMTV

1) Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2) And he seized the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole world, and he bound him for a thousand years;

There is no contrast being made, there is no figurative language, just a simple propositional narrative statement, which continues in the same fashion.

Also, I've notice you have not quoted any of the so many passages that use numbers, including thousands, to count things, count people, give the weights of things, all sorts of uses for numbers. Many many places!

Yes, numbers are used figuratively, but not there, there is nothing in the text to indicate it's anything other than 1000 years, exactly what it says.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These references have meaning because 1000 itself has a meaning as an ordinal number. One is ordinal, one thousand is ordinal, One in a thousand has meaning because of the fact that these numbers mean something.

I agree with you that there is an idea being represented, that among many, only one, or not even one.

And there is likewise an idea being represented,

Revelation 20:1-2 EMTV

1) Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2) And he seized the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole world, and he bound him for a thousand years;

There is no contrast being made, there is no figurative language, just a simple propositional narrative statement, which continues in the same fashion.

Also, I've notice you have not quoted any of the so many passages that use numbers, including thousands, to count things, count people, give the weights of things, all sorts of uses for numbers. Many many places!

Yes, numbers are used figuratively, but not there, there is nothing in the text to indicate it's anything other than 1000 years, exactly what it says.

Much love!

How long is the “one hour” that the beast reigns with the “ten kings” in Revelation 17:12 is? i.e. is it sixty minutes?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long is the “one hour” that the beast reigns with the “ten kings” in Revelation 17:12 is? i.e. is it sixty minutes?
One hour, or, the 24th part of a day. How long do you think it will be?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many days is the 3 days Jesus said He would be in the tomb?

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One hour, or, the 24th part of a day. How long do you think it will be?

Much love!

Really? Antichrist is going to reign for 60 minutes? Even you do not believe that. That is ridiculous.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many days is the 3 days Jesus said He would be in the tomb?

Much love!

Hello! That is not a figurative passage. Revelation is the most symbolic book in the Bible. You do not seem to see the difference. Premils habitually spiritualize what is literal and literalize what is spiritual. Revelation 19 is climactic and forbids your doctrine. It also exposes the myth that Premils are literalists. They are not. They spiritualize repeated Scripture. 2 Peter 3 also.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Antichrist is going to reign for 60 minutes? Even you do not believe that. That is ridiculous.
Even I? So dramatic!

Revelation 17:12-13 KJV
12) And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13) These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

They will rule together for an hour, and then they shall give their authority to the beast. 10 kings, who are give power, and in the hour, they give it to the beast.

What is so ridiculous about that?

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even I? So dramatic!

Revelation 17:12-13 KJV
12) And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13) These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

They will rule together for an hour, and then they shall give their authority to the beast. 10 kings, who are give power, and in the hour, they give it to the beast.

What is so ridiculous about that?

Much love!

It explains your view of Revelation 20. You have no grasp of apocalyptic language and figurative terms.
  1. Do you believe Satan and his minions are physical beings?
  2. Is the dragon in Revelation 20:2 a literal physical dragon?
  3. Is the serpent in Revelation 20:2 a literal physical serpent?
  4. Is the key mentioned in Revelation 20:1 a literal metal door key?
  5. Is the chain mentioned in Revelation 20:1 a literal metal chain?
  6. Is the prison mentioned in Revelation 20:7 a literal brick prison?
  7. Do you believe demons need to be detained in a literal physical prison with literal metal chains in order to be restrained?
  8. Can a prisoner in a prison have great wrath while in chains?
  9. Does imprisonment mean immobility?
  10. Does it mean a prisoner cannot do harm?
  11. Can a dog on a chain walk or roam about?
  12. Can a prisoner in a prison walk or roam about?
  13. Does a prisoner have the ability to kill, steal, destroy, rape and embezzle in prison?