Is any one really happy here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So, we can challenge doctrine, but cannot judge the person and say whether they are genuine Christians or not unless they are clearly showing an ambivalent attitude to Christ.
i suggest that even an ambivalent attitude to Christ per se is functionally irrelevant, if they end up following Him anyway?

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesn't clearly state, it is your interpretation

Really … ok

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. (NASB)

So if that isn't fairly direct … how else can you be saved?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really … ok

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved. (NASB)

So if that isn't fairly direct … how else can you be saved?

I never said you could be saved other ways. I am not an evangelical and just do not share your essentials all the way, why must you insist I do.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi folks :)
The reason I ask is because I have only been here a little over a week and was nicely welcomed, but shortly after that at least one welcomer who really post's a lot here,
turned on me and attacked me pretty harshly, and then a woman here did the same thing. Hey , I've only been here a week and consider myself a pretty, friendly guy, and pretty happy.
I ended up using the "IGNORE Feature" and that helped a lot.

But boy,after reading other posts and topics and how people go at it with each other, with NO LOVE INTENDED, It feels like I'm on one of my other Non-Christian forums, where people like to tear into each other brutally, with no intentions but to destroy their perceived foes..
I thought there was supposed to be a difference :eek:
I came here to enjoy sharing in Christ's word, and sharing in different opinions and different perspectives, but I'm wondering how to do that now.

I'm not a fighter and wouldn't think I should need THICK SKIN to be here, but it's almost like people come here to be "GLADIATORS" to fight in the arena of Christian warfare.

I didn't come here to "SURVIVE", but hoped to THRIVE, but maybe that isn't the point here.

Maybe someone here can help me out, and give me some advise - like maybe ...run for your life:).
red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

My name is OLIGOS

I am happy here because I am an inveterate learner. I can't help it because I am autistic. I am learning all weird and whacky ideas that some people hold which they claim to be truth and which a quick look into scripture makes it patently obvious that it so far from the truth it is laughable. But as I say, you don't know what is right until you know what is wrong. So thanks to all those who post what is wrong because you are doing me a service by teaching me what is right.

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said you could be saved other ways. I am not an evangelical and just do not share your essentials all the way, why must you insist I do.

LOL … this has nothing to do with being an evangelical. Being an "evangelical" does not get you into heaven … nor any other "religious" view point. It has to do with being a Christian and to say there are no essentials when all "Christians" use the Bible (given this is all we have) is intellectually dishonest.

Oh BTW … you don't have to respond.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why does everyone have to think your way? Bet you will deflect and not answer the actual question. Don't say you don't want everyone to think like you do, if you say that you are lying.

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why does everyone have to think your way? Bet you will deflect and not answer the actual question. Don't say you don't want everyone to think like you do, if you say that you are lying.

I'm out here to learn ... and I stated sometime back that I'm willing to change my thought process so for you to say I want everyone to think like me is actually amusing. In that same thread where I indicated I'm willing to change my mind - I asked if you would do the same.

As for "thinking the same" … do you really thing that the God who created the heavens and the earth isn't going to
have some essentials?

Think as you want and in whatever you want.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'M THE OP AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED .

>I ASKED IF ANYONE IS REALLY HAPPY HERE.<

SEEMS LIKE NO ONE LIKED THE TOPIC SO THEY CHANGED IT.

I GUESS PEOPLE HERE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR HAPPINESS EITHER
BECAUSE THEY HAVE NONE OR THEY CAME HERE TO FIGHT BECAUSE THEy HAVE NONE.

EITHER WAY I GOT MY ANSWER

NOBODY HERE IS HAPPY SO THEY COME HERE TO PRETEND THEIR CHRISTIANS SO THEY CAN FIGHT.

SO KEEP ON FIGHTING UNTIL YOU GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY REASON MOST OF YOU ARE HERE !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hisman

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NOBODY HERE IS HAPPY SO THEY COME HERE TO PRETEND THEIR CHRISTIANS SO THEY CAN FIGHT.
How do you know anything about anybody here? You are being silly and presumptuous. And post #315 is not seasoned with grace. More like chili peppers.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know anything about anybody here? You are being silly and presumptuous. And post #315 is not seasoned with grace. More like chili peppers.

Jesus had a few "CHILI PEPPERS OF HIS OWN"

REMEMBER THE WHITE WASHED TOMB ACCUSATION AGAINST THE TEMPLE LEADERS.

oH, AND BY THE WAY, "my life is seasoned by grace", not always my words anymore than Jesus words were at times.

Ya gotta keep up son.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'M THE OP AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED .

>I ASKED IF ANYONE IS REALLY HAPPY HERE.<

SEEMS LIKE NO ONE LIKED THE TOPIC SO THEY CHANGED IT.

I GUESS PEOPLE HERE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR HAPPINESS EITHER
BECAUSE THEY HAVE NONE OR THEY CAME HERE TO FIGHT BECAUSE THEy HAVE NONE.

EITHER WAY I GOT MY ANSWER

SO KEEP ON FIGHTING UNTIL YOU GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY REASON MOST OF YOU ARE HERE !!
Don't despair. Some of our dreams may come true. . . .

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi folks :)
The reason I ask is because I have only been here a little over a week and was nicely welcomed, but shortly after that at least one welcomer who really post's a lot here,
turned on me and attacked me pretty harshly, and then a woman here did the same thing. Hey , I've only been here a week and consider myself a pretty, friendly guy, and pretty happy.
I ended up using the "IGNORE Feature" and that helped a lot.

But boy,after reading other posts and topics and how people go at it with each other, with NO LOVE INTENDED, It feels like I'm on one of my other Non-Christian forums, where people like to tear into each other brutally, with no intentions but to destroy their perceived foes..
I thought there was supposed to be a difference :eek:
I came here to enjoy sharing in Christ's word, and sharing in different opinions and different perspectives, but I'm wondering how to do that now.

I'm not a fighter and wouldn't think I should need THICK SKIN to be here, but it's almost like people come here to be "GLADIATORS" to fight in the arena of Christian warfare.

I didn't come here to "SURVIVE", but hoped to THRIVE, but maybe that isn't the point here.

Maybe someone here can help me out, and give me some advise - like maybe ...run for your life:).
red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

My name is OLIGOS

I think what you are seeing are people just looking to blow off some steam, to take all of life's ills out on other people, under the guise of being a "gladiator" for the faith. They do it on sites like this because they perceive other Christians as easy targets they can treat as their own personal punching bag, from the safety of their own home of course. The internet just gives people an excuse to behave unhinged, because you and I both know these little.....you know whats wouldn't dare do it to someones face on the street.