Is any one really happy here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am sure @bbyrd009 would not be liked to called a pagan
understand why the pimps and hoes are beating you into the kingdom

yeh i guess some misunderstanding there, my apologies ok
wouldnt bother me at all
i worship One God so it wouldnt make much sense to me,
but imo most ppl claiming "pagan" are...well, beating us into the kingdom anyway! ha!
and on his/her way to hell
if you dig a pit for others to fall into, you end up in it yourself

nuff said there, but anyone with sense can discover the origins of our current concept of "hell" in about 15 minutes or so, Angle/Norse scribes who had no better analogy i guess mostly; and after all Gehenna is in Erets yeh?
because they reject the Holy Trinity,
like fun i do, it's mostly insistent trinitarians pushing their bent on the doctrine invented in AD300 whatever as i have said more than once, to no avail. But i do try to let ppl be ppl. Now imo Quote me "Holy Trinity" from Scripture or kiss off, bc wadr imo you have not even started trying to know what you dont know, no offense. You got a gut-full of whatever pablum they were dishing and went to sleep, havent even had a bm yet lol. Just came here and started throwing up

"Trinity i like; trinitarians, meh"
Orthodox tenet of the Christian faith
heil, baby

i do honestly wish you the best in your quest for immortality, after you have died, and sincerely hope you continue to grow from that understanding though, fwiw
(waitll you find out what those homo passages are really about imo)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now imo Quote me "Holy Trinity" from Scripture or piss off...

The Word Trinity does not appear in Scripture.

I'm sure you already know:
"Tri" is three of "something"
"inity" is the suffix for "unity"

Three is Something United.

Add the "Holy"...and Scripture applies that term to Father, Son and Holy Spirit of God.

Significance...
Three "things" pertaining To ONE God...which is present "and doing" the Spiritual Baptism of a man.
Holy Father - John 17:11
Holy Son/Jesus - Acts 4:27
Holy Spirit - Luke 11:13

Father, Son, Holy Spirit - Matt 28:19

God has numerous names and titles, for particular clarification for what God does. (and BTW so do men have multiple titles and names, for particular clarification for what men do)

Lord - Son
God - Father
Almighty - Spirit

God works in Unity with Himself...
Every thought, emotion, act of Power of God is in Unity.

...you can understand Holy Trinity is a specific reference TO: the unity of the:
Lord God Almighty...
or say The Lord God Almighty.

Some people go a step further and define "per a Drawing representing the Trinity...saying:
What is and is not each word...(father, son, Holy Spirit).

I disagree with ^ that.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tbh id love to see a Catholic subforum here

I would too, it might be somewhat more peaceful and I have already recommended to the other staff members, but I think only the owner of this site has control over what sub-forums are created and what not.

I am non-denominational, but consider myself pro-Catholic, as I have heard the good in Catholics, it would be great to see a space on these forums where Catholics can discuss stuff free from Catholic Vs Protestant arguements.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would too, it might be somewhat more peaceful and I have already recommended to the other staff members, but I think only the owner of this site has control over what sub-forums are created and what not.

I am non-denominational, but consider myself pro-Catholic, as I have heard the good in Catholics, it would be great to see a space on these forums where Catholics can discuss stuff free from Catholic Vs Protestant arguements.
i understand controversy xlates to clicks i guess, and sites need clicks?

but imo they are very forgiving here, and strike a pretty good balance

i will say the silent warning from any Catholic forum one might wish to scan by should be heard and understood though, imo

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

My wife was brought up and educated Catholic and also because I did a paper in Catholic theology for my M.Div degree, I have a good understanding of Catholicism. My wife says that she is a Christian, and I have no basis for doubting her. She believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead, so that is good enough for me.

From my experience in another forum which had a Catholic sub-forum, members there did not like non-Catholics debating their doctrines, and tend to be very touchy when someone shows, even through Scripture, that a doctrine is faulty. They tend to be a bit quick on the trigger to report members who try to show from Scripture that some of their doctrines are not found in it. I think I'm a bit of a quirky stirrer and I can't help putting my oar in sometimes and then getting my fingers burned because of it! :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My wife says that she is a Christian, and I have no basis for doubting her.
wadr that does not mean that there is no basis for doubting her though, right, i mean protestants were protesting something yeh, not nothing?
She believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead, so that is good enough for me.
she also believes in a worldly intermediary between her and Christ, does she not? And no offense but i could demonstrate in one sentence that that intermediary has entered her already rather populated Pantheon. Now dont get me wrong, she might easily still be much better-hearted than me, and imo she will be judged the same way we will, by her works, but ask her if she is prepared to forgive the pope his sins and see what she says.

btw i love the current pope myself, not sure i could sufficiently describe how much, but that still will never make him a Christian, except i guess in the current definition of the word, but not in the Scriptural one imo. Prolly doing him a favor even i guess

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was never at Cornith.
But reqardless of where an individual is:
They have been Offered a Way... to be made Wholly changed and SEALED unto God Forever. I elected to accept His Offer.
Have you?

Glory to God,
Taken

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
wadr that does not mean that there is no basis for doubting her though, right, i mean protestants were protesting something yeh, not nothing?

she also believes in a worldly intermediary between her and Christ, does she not? And no offense but i could demonstrate in one sentence that that intermediary has entered her already rather populated Pantheon. Now dont get me wrong, she might easily still be much better-hearted than me, and imo she will be judged the same way we will, by her works, but ask her if she is prepared to forgive the pope his sins and see what she says.

btw i love the current pope myself, not sure i could sufficiently describe how much, but that still will never make him a Christian, except i guess in the current definition of the word, but not in the Scriptural one imo. Prolly doing him a favor even i guess
I pray for her every day that her faith will become more focussed on Christ, because, as I have told the Lord, the last thing I would want to happen to her is that she ends up unsaved. I have to trust God that she is in His hands and that He can see her heart, and is quite able to change it according to His will.

God looks on the heart, while all we can see is the outward appearance. It is quite possible that people can have good hearts toward God, but be a bit messed up in their heads.

She knows the gospel of Christ, because she has been in church when I have preached it. She knows what it means to receive Christ as Saviour, albeit in Catholic terminology. I married her for her character and values, and she firmly believes that we do to others as we would have them do to us.

Because of my Puritan theology, I was somewhat anti-Catholic before I met her just over 30 years ago. But since being married to her, and relating to her Catholic family, and having studied Catholic theology in dept for my M.Div degree, I am certain that many Catholics are good people who love the Lord and although they may have some shonky doctrines, they know and believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead. According to my New Testament that is all that is needed for salvation. Of course, development in sanctification is faster or slower for different people, and some will be rewarded highly and others will be saved as of by fire.

But because God knows the hearts of people, we can't be totally sure whether a person is going to be saved or not, unless their behaviour and attitude to Christ clearly shows whether they are on the narrow way or on the road to destruction.

So, we can challenge doctrine, but cannot judge the person and say whether they are genuine Christians or not unless they are clearly showing an ambivalent attitude to Christ.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Hisman

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your argument is not with me it is with the Bible. When it clearly states something that is straightforward and no ambiguity - you can ignore it

No it doesn't clearly state, it is your interpretation

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand why the pimps and hoes are beating you into the kingdom

yeh i guess some misunderstanding there, my apologies ok
wouldnt bother me at all
i worship One God so it wouldnt make much sense to me,
but imo most ppl claiming "pagan" are...well, beating us into the kingdom anyway! ha!
if you dig a pit for others to fall into, you end up in it yourself

nuff said there, but anyone with sense can discover the origins of our current concept of "hell" in about 15 minutes or so, Angle/Norse scribes who had no better analogy i guess mostly; and after all Gehenna is in Erets yeh?
like fun i do, it's mostly insistent trinitarians pushing their bent on the doctrine invented in AD300 whatever as i have said more than once, to no avail. But i do try to let ppl be ppl. Now imo Quote me "Holy Trinity" from Scripture or kiss off, bc wadr imo you have not even started trying to know what you dont know, no offense. You got a gut-full of whatever pablum they were dishing and went to sleep, havent even had a bm yet lol. Just came here and started throwing up

"Trinity i like; trinitarians, meh"
heil, baby

i do honestly wish you the best in your quest for immortality, after you have died, and sincerely hope you continue to grow from that understanding though, fwiw
(waitll you find out what those homo passages are really about imo)

I pray for your eventual salvation