Is any one really happy here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what you are seeing are people just looking to blow off some steam, to take all of life's ills out on other people, under the guise of being a "gladiator" for the faith. They do it on sites like this because they perceive other Christians as easy targets they can treat as their own personal punching bag, from the safety of their own home of course. The internet just gives people an excuse to behave unhinged, because you and I both know these little.....you know whats wouldn't dare do it to someones face on the street.

And their doing it on the way to HELL
blow-up.gif

Reactions: Dcopymope

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
use the wrong word?. I am sick and tried of people thinking I am not a Christian because I am not evangelical

No - I used exactly the word I wanted to.

Not exactly sure where the logic is between connecting "essentials" to evangelical. I know a good number of Christians who are not evangelical and who believe and hold to essentials of Christianity. Believers who are evangelical didn't all of a sudden come up with them. In fact essentials have been around sense the 95 points were nailed to that wooden door several hundred years ago. If you believe that the Bible is the word of God - I would see it hard not to develop a set of essentials. The Bible gives very little leeway in that area.

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'M THE OP AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED .

>I ASKED IF ANYONE IS REALLY HAPPY HERE.<

SEEMS LIKE NO ONE LIKED THE TOPIC SO THEY CHANGED IT.

I GUESS PEOPLE HERE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR HAPPINESS EITHER
BECAUSE THEY HAVE NONE OR THEY CAME HERE TO FIGHT BECAUSE THEy HAVE NONE.

EITHER WAY I GOT MY ANSWER

NOBODY HERE IS HAPPY SO THEY COME HERE TO PRETEND THEIR CHRISTIANS SO THEY CAN FIGHT.

SO KEEP ON FIGHTING UNTIL YOU GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY REASON MOST OF YOU ARE HERE !!

First question - why are you yelling?

Remember "happy" isn't talked about much in the Bible. It is an emotion.

As for fighting, so far this thread is fairly tame.

Sorry to tell you but get thick skin … very possible some out here are not everyone out here are Christians but only to stir the pot

Today is the first day of the rest of your life ... use it wisely.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First question - why are you yelling?

Remember "happy" isn't talked about much in the Bible. It is an emotion.

As for fighting, so far this thread is fairly tame.

Sorry to tell you but get thick skin … very possible some out here are not everyone out here are Christians but only to stir the pot

Today is the first day of the rest of your life ... use it wisely.

I think it's funny that people have decided that CAPITAL LETTERS ARE "SCREAMING" - WHO DECIDED THAT??

"IF I'M UPSET, EVERYONE WILL KNOW IT"

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'M THE OP AND THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED .

>I ASKED IF ANYONE IS REALLY HAPPY HERE.<

SEEMS LIKE NO ONE LIKED THE TOPIC SO THEY CHANGED IT.

I GUESS PEOPLE HERE DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEIR HAPPINESS EITHER
BECAUSE THEY HAVE NONE OR THEY CAME HERE TO FIGHT BECAUSE THEy HAVE NONE.

EITHER WAY I GOT MY ANSWER

NOBODY HERE IS HAPPY SO THEY COME HERE TO PRETEND THEIR CHRISTIANS SO THEY CAN FIGHT.

SO KEEP ON FIGHTING UNTIL YOU GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY REASON MOST OF YOU ARE HERE !!
I joined this forum a few days ago, and have found it a breath of fresh air after contending with the attacks of atheists on the other forum from which I am now banned because I responded with the truth about them.

Sure, I have been subjected to posts pretty close to flaming, and I warned one guy that the next time he did, I would block him. He has been respectful to me after that.

We don't have to be doormats and just lie down and take it, nor do we have to engage in tit for tat defensive exchanges. We can stick to the issues and if they insist on flaming after being warned, just put the member on ignore if this forum has that function. Then they will get the message.

My view is that if all the good people quit the forum because of the trolls who insist on attacking and flaming, then it will degrade into something that the administrators did not want as part of their ministry to us.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'd be sitting on the roof at my house!

What's for supper? Buzzard gizzards and pickled hogs livers.

Oh I was just replying to you about the mix of denominations you would consider yourself. You would have to belong to the denomination of the first Christians, the Upper Room, the Church in the book of Acts. That's what I meant.

I have been through a lot of different churches in my 24 years of living as well,

Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone here, I have even been to a Catholic Church service as well before. May get into trouble if I mentioned that too loudly. Haha

Currently attend a charismatic-Anglican Church though. :)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh I was just replying to you about the mix of denominations you would consider yourself. You would have to belong to the denomination of the first Christians, the Upper Room, the Church in the book of Acts. That's what I meant.

I have been through a lot of different churches in my 24 years of living as well,

Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone here, I have even been to a Catholic Church service as well before. May get into trouble if I mentioned that too loudly. Haha

Currently attend a charismatic-Anglican Church though. :)
I'd have to travel back in time 2,000 years to join that church. In actual fact, that First Century church no longer exists. It went apostate when the Bishop of Rome decided he was going to be the chief rooster, and had Constantine's pagan stuff mixed with it when he was the head sherang.

The best thing to do is to be part of a church that preaches the gospel of Christ that Paul preached. There is no such thing as the perfect church, and even if there was, it would stop being perfect as soon as I walk in the door!

My view of the church is that it is a fellowship centre for like-minded believers, not a religious temple full of ceremony and ritual. I worship God by just being there, singing the hymns and listening to the sermon. I continue my worship when I meet with the others over coffee after the main service. Some might go home full of the Holy Spirit, but I probably go home full of coffee and biscuits!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In actual fact, that First Century church no longer exists

Hello Paul,

Such a statement makes Jesus a false prophet:

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

It contradicts St John as well:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

If you're not in the community of the apostles, where are you?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello Paul,

Such a statement makes Jesus a false prophet:

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

It contradicts St John as well:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
I don't believe that the church was built on Peter, or that he was the first pope. This is a fabrication as part of the purpose of the RCC to force government in the Middle Ages to comply with the authority of the RCC when it dominated the politics and relgious observance of Europe at that time. The attitude was, "We are the church, and you will accept our authority or else!" It was because the RCC wanted world domination, and if people actually read the Scripture for themselves and saw that Jesus was not referring to Peter at all, they would see the lie that the RCC was forcing on them. This is why they kept the Scriptures from the rank and file, and made sure it remained in the Latin language that only the educated priests knew.

That is why I am not a Roman Catholic, because I don't want to be part of a religious organisation that is a total fraud. And you will find that only the Roman Catholic members of this forum will believe you anyway, and no one else here will. So you are basically spitting into the wind if you think you can convince many of your view.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't believe that the church was built on Peter, or that he was the first pope. This is a fabrication as part of the purpose of the RCC to force government in the Middle Ages to comply with the authority of the RCC when it dominated the politics and relgious observance of Europe at that time. The attitude was, "We are the church, and you will accept our authority or else!" It was because the RCC wanted world domination, and if people actually read the Scripture for themselves and saw that Jesus was not referring to Peter at all, they would see the lie that the RCC was forcing on them. This is why they kept the Scriptures from the rank and file, and made sure it remained in the Latin language that only the educated priests knew.

That is why I am not a Roman Catholic, because I don't want to be part of a religious organisation that is a total fraud. And you will find that only the Roman Catholic members of this forum will believe you anyway, and no one else here will. So you are basically spitting into the wind if you think you can convince many of your view.

If you drop the word "Roman", the "Catholic" Church just means the "universal" Church, so I see nothing wrong with that term being used, since as born again Christians, we are technically part of the "universal" body of Christ.

Reactions: Philip James

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is why I am not a Roman Catholic

If Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople... But Come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Peace!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople... But Come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Peace!
My faith is in the Jesus of the Bible. I don't need to belong to the RCC, or to subscribe to its imaginary Jesus who is still on the cross making continued sacrifice for the RCC faithful.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the Apostles are with the Lord now. Just Anyone can say, "I'm approved by the Apostles!" It's pretty convenient because none of them are here to say otherwise. You can claim Peter as your Vicar of Christ, Is that what you call it? You can claim that, but I do not believe that Peter would for a moment put his name to the practices of the CC.

But even so, all who believe are in the koinonia of the saints. And so even though you divide from others by your additions to grace, you are still in fellowship if you have a true faith in Christ.

Much love!

kc_hhsl

Feb 23, 2020
NE Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States