Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, so refreshing to read such reason and logic in His simplicity. SO many really have to wrest the scriptures to fit their complicated doctrines of men.
The Godhead the spirit.

The Holy Spirit and second person of the Trinity are spirits.

That has no impact on the fact that God is Trinity and to denied Trinity is to have another god.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's face it. The AOG kicked you out of their church as a heretic long ago and rightly so.

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

I think that I am in good company with Paul the apostle, and the AOG is in bad company with the people that Paul was speaking of in the verse (the Pharisees).

Nevertheless the thing that you seem to be willfully ignorant of is the fact that I do not deny the Trinity.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

I think that I am in good company with Paul the apostle, and the AOG is in bad company with the people that Paul was speaking of in the verse (the Pharisees).

Nevertheless the thing that you seem to be willfully ignorant of is the fact that I do not deny the Trinity.
The whole church kicked you out for heresy. Not just the AOG.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth
B

brakelite

Trinity is simply a good comfortable theological term that is easy to understand.
If it were so easy why did the early church call it a mystery? If it were so easy to understand why could not anyone express it in any way they themselves could understand, or teach it to others in any way any one else could understand?

B

brakelite

The problem with your argument is you cannot define the biblical God is anything but Trinity.

To do so constitutes another god.
The apostle John I thought was able to define who we need to believe in quite adequately. I think if we followed his lead, we can't go wrong.
KJV 1 John 1
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
KJV 1 John 2
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
KJV 1 John 3
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
KJV 1 John 4
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
KJV 1 John 5
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I see nothing in the above that says we should believe in some formula devised by the church to describe or define the Godhead.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not know Jesus in truth. The real Jesus has nothing to do with false Christs.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth is my Lord and Saviour; and I have a living relationship with Him.

In judging my salvation, you show that you have no concept of Him; for you have three fingers pointing back at you when you point your finger at me and judge me as not knowing Him.

As a matter of fact, I have seen you blaspheme the Holy Ghost; saying that people of whom it is promised that they would have the Holy Ghost, have the spirit of antichrist. And yet it is impossible for them to have the spirit of anticrhist; for the scripture promises us that we would be given the Holy Ghost, in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39. If we ask for, or do what it takes to receive, a piece of bread, a fish, or an egg, the Lord is not going to give us a stone, a serpent, or a scorpion.

But you have judged the very Spirit that dwells within us. You should have feared; but alas, I believe that for you it is too late. There is no repentance for you.

D

Dave L

Jesus is my Lord and Saviour; and I have a living relationship with Him.

In judging my salvation, you show that you have no concept of Him; for you have three fingers pointing back at you when you point your finger at me and judge me as not knowing Him.

As a matter of fact, I have seen you blaspheme the Holy Ghost; saying that people of whom it is promised that they would have the Holy Ghost, have the spirit of antichrist. And yet it is impossible for them to have the spirit of anticrhist; for the scripture promises us that we would be given the Holy Ghost, in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39. If we ask for, or do what it takes to receive, a piece of bread, a fish, or an egg, the Lord is not going to give us a stone, a serpent, or a scorpion.

But you have judged the very Spirit that dwells within us. You should have feared; but alas, I believe that for you it is too late. There is no repentance for you.
I'm not saying you do not have a Jesus idol you worship. The OT is full of this. They even worshiped golden calves calling them YAHWEH and giving them credit for all that YAHWEH did. But you do not know the Christ of the Bible. Even the AOG as well as the rest of the church says so. You are a classic heretic according to them for your anti trinitarian beliefs.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you continue to insist that my beliefs are anti-trinitarian.

However, you cannot get inside my brain to know what I am thinking; so I will tell you yet again that you are wrong about what I believe in.

I believe in the Trinity. And I know the Christ of the Bible; but you do not know Him in the slightest.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is my Lord and Saviour; and no amount of protesting or wishful thinking on your part is going to change that.

I do not worship an idol with the name of Jesus.

I have scriptural support for my beliefs about Him.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the one Lord of scripture (see Ephesians 4:5, Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 1 Corinthians 12:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6).

And yes, He is the everlasting Father; though He is a distinct Person from the Father also (see Isaiah 9:6).

And if you also do not believe in what I am proclaiming, you yourself are worshipping an idol of your own making.

We give you the benefit of the doubt, knowing that you are told that believing in the Trinity as you see it is necessary for salvation; and knowing that there is a deep stronghold of the enemy in many people's minds that prevents them from seeing the truth. So, not wanting to judge the salvation of people who are simply told something and believe in it because it is what they are told, we hold that a person can believe in the Trinity as it is espoused and still be saved.

But when people start judging our salvation over the fact that we have the accurate understanding, it becomes evident that they have drawn a line in the sand and that their tongues have risen up against us in judgment. Therefore Isaiah 54:17 requires that we condemn those tongues as being devoid of the Holy Spirit.

Because in not even considering the truth, it becomes clear that they love the praise of men more than the praise of the Lord. They are unwilling to be labeled as a heretic by those unregenerated souls; they neglect to come to Christ outside of the camp.

But God is good, and will continue to extend His hand to those who have not judged the Spirit that dwells within us as being of satan; as some people here have brazenly done to their own everlasting condemnation.

D

Dave L

And you continue to insist that my beliefs are anti-trinitarian.

However, you cannot get inside my brain to know what I am thinking; so I will tell you yet again that you are wrong about what I believe in.

I believe in the Trinity. And I know the Christ of the Bible; but you do not know Him in the slightest.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is my Lord and Saviour; and no amount of protesting or wishful thinking on your part is going to change that.

I do not worship an idol with the name of Jesus.

I have scriptural support for my beliefs about Him.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the one Lord of scripture (see Ephesians 4:5, Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 1 Corinthians 12:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6).

And yes, He is the everlasting Father; though He is a distinct Person from the Father also (see Isaiah 9:6).

And if you also do not believe in what I am proclaiming, you yourself are worshipping an idol of your own making.

We give you the benefit of the doubt, knowing that you are told that believing in the Trinity as you see it is necessary for salvation; and knowing that there is a deep stronghold of the enemy in many people's minds that prevents them from seeing the truth. So, not wanting to judge the salvation of people who are simply told something and believe in it because it is what they are told, we hold that a person can believe in the Trinity as it is espoused and still be saved.

But when people start judging our salvation over the fact that we have the accurate understanding, it becomes evident that they have drawn a line in the sand and that their tongues have risen up against us in judgment. Therefore Isaiah 54:17 requires that we condemn those tongues as being devoid of the Holy Spirit.

Because in not even considering the truth, it becomes clear that they love the praise of men more than the praise of the Lord. They are unwilling to be labeled as a heretic by those unregenerated souls; they neglect to come to Christ outside of the camp.

But God is good, and will continue to extend His hand to those who have not judged the Spirit that dwells within us as being of satan; as some people here have brazenly done to their own everlasting condemnation.
You have nothing in common with the trinity in the Bible or in Church history. You are lying if you claim you do.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have nothing in common with the trinity in the Bible or in Church history. You are lying if you claim you do.
I believe that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Godhead.

Open your eyes for a change and try to understand the doctrine that I am setting forth; instead of looking at it with hyper-critical eyes and attempting to judge it as heresy.

There is one God.

I posted at one point that I believe in the Trinity and that I emphasize the Oneness of God in order to avoid the heresy of Tritheism. Do you remember liking that post?

But then, for some reason, the devil possessed you to fight my understanding tooth and nail.

But you are only a thorn in my flesh.

D

Dave L

I believe that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are distinct Persons within the Godhead.

Open your eyes for a change and try to understand the doctrine that I am setting forth; instead of looking at it with hyper-critical eyes and attempting to judge it as heresy.

There is one God.

I posted at one point that I believe in the Trinity and that I emphasize the Oneness of God in order to avoid the heresy of Tritheism. Do you remember liking that post?

But then, for some reason, the devil possessed you to fight my understanding tooth and nail.

But you are only a thorn in my flesh.
But you do not believe the three persons are eternally present. You believe the Father becomes the Son. And the Son becomes the Holy Spirit and therefore you reject Christ and scripture.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do not believe the three persons are eternally present. You believe the Father becomes the Son. And the Son becomes the Holy Spirit and therefore you reject Christ and scripture.
Not exactly.

1) I believe that the three are eternally present.

And 2) the Son does not become the Holy Spirit, that is not accurate to my belief.

The Spirit of the Son is the Holy Spirit; and He released Him back to the Father who inhabiteth eternity.

D

Dave L

Not exactly.

1) I believe that the three are eternally present.

And 2) the Son does not become the Holy Spirit, that is not accurate to my belief.

The Spirit of the Son is the Holy Spirit; and He released Him back to the Father who inhabiteth eternity.
= false Christ.