Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

If a person has the Holy Spirit, they will believe in the trinity doctrine (Christ) according to the scriptures eventually. If they reject the doctrine, they have the spirit of Antichrist and not the Holy Spirit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And errors And wrong thoughts about God are deeply present in everyone here. God does not reject a man because his knowledge is imperfect. MEN do that. Not God.

The imperfect rejecting the imperfect. You can't MAKE this stuff up! :D

Love it!

I like to go back to, "All who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved." Not much formula to that!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As our friend epi says, righteousness is a moving target.

A parent is pleased with a newborn about things they would in no way be pleased about were he to still be doing them at 3 years of age. The thing that will please the parent is a moving target.

I'd say that righteousness is only a 'moving target' in our own eyes.

God always intends for us to attain the full measure of Jesus, and He always accepts us with Jesus' full righteousness, right now.

Pleasing our earthly parents goes back to the imperfect pleasing the imperfect, if you will.

But God has a plan for us, right now, today, that He wants to do in is.

Not that we try to modify our behavior to fit, rather, we renounce all behavior entirely in favor of fixing our attention on Jesus, and then let Him lead our behavior.

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bottom line is..there is no clear cut "trinity doctrine"..
Just because we see it and believe it no where does God say..."Off to hell you go if you can't see the trinity " ( which is not a biblical word)

All these extra law of "you must do this and you must do that"...is really saying over and over that What God did in and through Jesus Christ was not enough.:oops:

Just how perfect a walk are the private lives of those who put these weights upon others. There is many specks in eyes while beams in the eyes of the condemners.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you follow a false Christ otherwise.

I don't think anyone argues with you to try to change your mind Dave. Its quite apparent by now that's never going to happen, your mind's made up.

I think they just want to put the truth out for whoever else might read your posts and need to hear it.

D

Dave L

I don't think anyone argues with you to try to change your mind Dave. Its quite apparent by now that's never going to happen, your mind's made up.

I think they just want to put the truth out for whoever else might read your posts and need to hear it.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Only Christ can do that. But he tells us to present the truth so that those with ears to hear will hear. I only provide historic Christian truth as an alternative to popular trends today. Leaving some without excuse, and others in the know.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's not so.

You condemn those whom God does not condemn.

All who call upon the Name of YHWH shall be saved. Doesn't mean we understand everything about Him. But He promises to save.

Much love!

"But He promises to save."
And...He is faithful. Do we or do we not stand on His promises? Has He ever broken His promises to you? Not me! Amen.

Reactions: Hisman and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But He promises to save."
And...He is faithful. Do we or do we not stand on His promises? Has He ever broken His promises to you? Not me! Amen.
We do stand on His promises.

And . . .are we going to stand on His promises half-heartedly? Or all in?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do stand on His promises.

And . . .are we going to stand on His promises half-heartedly? Or all in?

Much love!

The thing is...when we stand before the Lord it wont be in our righteousness anyway, it will be In His!!

Some of these people seem to believe it will be their own wonderful righteousness that will be their clothing when we stand before the Lord.
That's sad.

Reactions: Hisman and amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of these people seem to believe it will be their own wonderful righteousness that will be their clothing when we stand before the Lord.
That's sad.

That does seem to be the case.

It is sad.

:(

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do need to be careful not to reject clear revelation. This is a good, cautious and reverential spirit to follow.

"..if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." (John 8.24)
Revelation is to the individual. God will reveal to any person that which is required if such person has a heart open to Him and seeking as per...

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

We should not be deciding for others what "shall be added". That is moving into God's realm. Regarding ourselves, God may well let us know what is or is not added, but who among men should be deciding for other men what they must of must not believe. This sounds like all of churches made by men rather than by God working in men.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our first focus must be to trust God.
Our second focus must be to trust God.

We are in a race of trust.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Only Christ can do that. But he tells us to present the truth so that those with ears to hear will hear. I only provide historic Christian truth as an alternative to popular trends today. Leaving some without excuse, and others in the know.

Are you and bobbyJo the same person...? :D:p