Is belief in the Trinity necessary for salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

But that's not so.

You condemn those whom God does not condemn.

All who call upon the Name of YHWH shall be saved. Doesn't mean we understand everything about Him. But He promises to save.

Much love!
But those who reject the truth after hearing it follow a false Christ to their own liking.

Reactions: Kermos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But those who reject the truth after hearing it follow a false Christ to their own liking.
Those who are born again are God's holy and righteous children. If they don't receive it from me, God will make it clear to them.

Much love!
Mark

D

Dave L

Those who are born again are God's holy and righteous children. If they don't receive it from me, God will make it clear to them.

Much love!
Mark
You will know them by their fruits.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False believers to.
it gets all of us,

Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Romans 3:13 "Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips:
Romans 3:14 "Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness:
Romans 3:15 "Their feet [are] swift to shed blood:Romans 3:16 "Destruction and misery [are] in their ways:
Romans 3:17 "And the way of peace have they not known:Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes.

no one but God is left out.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no scripture that says that you must believe in the Trinity in order to be saved.

The Deity of Christ, yes. The Trinity, no.

If someone who is truly saved converts to Oneness Pentecostalism, I don't think they would lose their salvation. John 5:24, John 6:47, John 10:27-30 is clear that they have everlasting life because of believing in Jesus and the Father.

If everlasting life would end because of a change in doctrine, then it isn't everlasting in the first place.

Reactions: Willie T

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, perfect doctrine is what some here tell us ‘saves us’ from Hell.
The same as some teach that a prefect walk saves us from Hell !!
Again, if that were truth...why did Jesus die!!!

Doctrine is important.

1Ti 4:16, Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

If someone departs from the word of the Lord concerning essential doctrine, then they are not saved.

Of course, there is wiggling room, since not every doctrine in the Bible is essential for salvation.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that God wants from you is perfection? No. All that God wants from you is trust.

Tell us what we must do to be saved. You must be without any doctrinal error to be saved. Sound right? Sound like the gospel you heard? Or does it sound like a different gospel?

Doctrinal errors exist within every Church, I would think...We're all going to Hell.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe so because to not is to deny what the Bible says God is. It constitutes another God to not believe in Trinity.

I believe the WORD ~ TRINITY, IS;
The prefix TRI- meaning THREE
And UNITY- meaning UNITED
And in Reference to God, IS...
Thee "Lord God Almighty"; Three that IS One.
Which I agree with.

We know Some people are quite comfortable using the Term TRINITY, in reference to:
Thee "Lord God Almighty".

However we also know Some people,"ACT" "AS IF" they have an exclusive "Patent" on the word "TRINITY"; and teach What and Who thee Lord God Almighty, "IS" ....
AND "IS NOT".
^ Referencing..
"Shield of the Trinity" AKA "Scutum Fidel"...
Which I Disagree with.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which I agree with.

We know Some people are quite comfortable using the Term TRINITY, in reference to:

However we also know Some people,"ACT" "AS IF" they have an exclusive "Patent" on the word "TRINITY"; and teach What and Who thee Lord God Almighty, "IS" ....
AND "IS NOT".
^ Referencing..
Which I Disagree with.

Glory to God,
Taken
Not sure what your point is.

Use Elohim. But then you have to define that means three or more unity of one,

Use tri-unity.

Use Godhead. But then you have to define what that means.

Trinity is simply a good comfortable theological term that is easy to understand.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which I agree with.

AND "IS NOT".
^ Referencing..
Which I Disagree with.

Glory to God,
Taken

Agree.
I think those who say that people can't get saved, or stay saved without believing in the trinity doctrine..are just like the Pharisees...ADDING to the laws of God.

If anyone googles Trinity Bible verses....there is no such word.
And, quite honestly the majority of the verses that a person can pull up is about Father and Son...believing that Jesus Christ is One with God.

I do myself believe the godhead are one...but I deliberately do not use the word trinity because it is not scripture.
But I violently oppose those who tell people the without believing the "trinity" they can't be saved. Which is total rubbish.

D

Dave L

Agree.
I think those who say that people can't get saved, or stay saved without believing in the trinity doctrine..are just like the Pharisees...ADDING to the laws of God.

And, quite honestly the majority of the verses that a person can pull up is about Father and Son...believing that Jesus Christ is One with God.

I do myself believe the godhead are one...but I deliberately do not use the word trinity because it is not scripture.
But I violently oppose those who tell people the without believing the "trinity" they can't be saved. Which is total rubbish.
They are like the Pharisees who believe like the anti-trinitarian Pharisees. This is why the AOG calls Oneness a cult and kicked them out of their church.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.

The problem with your argument is you cannot define the biblical God is anything but Trinity.

To do so constitutes another god.

Reactions: Dave L

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.

True, Trinity is not in Scripture.
I have no issue with the word, Trinity...
but do have an issue with the "Shield of the Trinity" that is supposedly a "quick" reference to "explaining" the Trinity, which I disagree with.

Also agree, it is bogus for one to declare another is wihout ability to receive salvation, without confessing belief in "the" TRINITY.

Jesus said, to Believe IN Him and His Father, and Belief that Jesus IS the Christ, is a Gift from His Father in Heaven to Individuals.

I am secure in what I believe and the Lord God has blessed me with His Gift of salvation, as I am sure, by your own testimony, the same applies to you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Hisman and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In scripture, I see where God and Jesus is to be Praised And worshiped...but not so much the Holy Spirit. My take is that when we worship Jesus, we are in effect, worshiping the Triune Godhead. This is what I have gathered in my prayer and scripture concerning the Trinity.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In scripture, I see where God and Jesus is to be Praised And worshiped...but not so much the Holy Spirit. My take is that when we worship Jesus, we are in effect, worshiping the Triune Godhead. This is what I have gathered in my prayer and scripture concerning the Trinity.

I think similar. As I said earlier, we grasp it in different ways. For myself, I know God IS Spirit. So I don't think God is one Spirit and the Holy Spirit is another Spirit. :D

Reactions: Hisman and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think similar. As I said earlier, we grasp it in different ways. For myself, I know God IS Spirit. So I don't think God is one Spirit and the Holy Spirit is another Spirit. :D

Ah, so refreshing to read such reason and logic in His simplicity. SO many really have to wrest the scriptures to fit their complicated doctrines of men.