Is God Male?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Certainly not in the manner of humans true, yet

He had a Son who became a man. Thai makes God a Father. Unless you think Him just a metaphorical Father and the Son a metaphorical Son. If that's the case then out Sharon is dependant upon us believing a metaphor.
'out Sharon'?
Yes, it is just a metaphor, obviously? God, who is omnipresent and all powerful, cannot reproduce Himself in any manner, nor would there be a purpose to, since one all-powerful being in the universe is more than sufficient to fulfill His Word.
God did not have a son who became a man, not in the manner that you are alluding to. God, fertilized Mary's eggs with human sperm, that's all that there was to it. Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'out Sharon'?
Yes, it is just a metaphor, obviously? God, who is omnipresent and all powerful, cannot reproduce Himself in any manner, nor would there be a purpose to, since one all-powerful being in the universe is more than sufficient to fulfill His Word.
God did not have a son who became a man, not in the manner that you are alluding to. God, fertilized Mary's eggs with human sperm, that's all that there was to it. Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent.
So how was Isaac accomplished, being Sarah had no egg?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, fertilized Mary's eggs with human sperm, that's all that there was to it. Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent.
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second, you said, "God used human sperm, with Mary's egg... correct", well lets have a look see at this, scripture,
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

Form here is NATURE,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

ok, you said, Divinity is incorporeal, and if that's true, how could our Lord Jesus have a sperm and egg beginning? because incorporeal means, not composed of matter; having no material existence.
now human sperm and a human egg are composed of material... matter. and if the Lord Jesus have God's NATURE, according to Philippians 2:6, which incorporeal means, not composed of matter; having no material existence. then YOU or the bible/God word is lying, and God forbid that the bible God word is in ERROR.

so care to explain how the Lord Jesus have a divine Nature, with human sperm and human egg?

can't wait to here that answer,

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(smile)... lol, lol, lol, no you did not ...... lol. now WOH ...... I'm going to be like MC Hammer on this one, "Can't touch that".

PICJAG

I just looked it up and was it supposed to be an insult or something?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, my reply was directed at WOH, I was having some fun with his reply. (I still have a laugh at the one leg duck)... (smile)...

PICJAG

Yeah I meant that I was wondering if he was supposed to be insulting me.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply. second, you said, "God used human sperm, with Mary's egg... correct", well lets have a look see at this, scripture,
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

Form here is NATURE,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

ok, you said, Divinity is incorporeal, and if that's true, how could our Lord Jesus have a sperm and egg beginning? because incorporeal means, not composed of matter; having no material existence.
now human sperm and a human egg are composed of material... matter. and if the Lord Jesus have God's NATURE, according to Philippians 2:6, which incorporeal means, not composed of matter; having no material existence. then YOU or the bible/God word is lying, and God forbid that the bible God word is in ERROR.

so care to explain how the Lord Jesus have a divine Nature, with human sperm and human egg?

can't wait to here that answer,

PICJAG
So, you're saying that God is composed of physical properties - that which He created out of nothing?
I can't wait to hear the answer...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is the creator, HE doesnt need male nor female to create. We as humans put upon this earth to "multiply", not being the perfected spiritual creation, need male and female, but than there are animals and viruses that dont, and in some species a male can become females as required, all Gods creation, God uses male and female to show Himself, how we are all joined together, just as man and woman when they become husband and one become one, and as Christ and His church when finally joined become as one, if you understand that, you will understand why there is so much pain in marriage breakups, as you literally loose a part of yourself, "what God has joined". The Male was never meant to be above the female, he is the protector the provider , just like God, the woman the helper, the companion, both equal, she is not a servant nor a slave as men have made her, that is Not God. So is God Male, only as far as understanding Him, its all about partnership, and marriage, you know His wedding to His pure unspotted bride, hope to see you all there.

God bless

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?
  1. Jesus was born a male.
  2. Jesus referred to God, the Father, using a male term.
  3. Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit using masculine pronouns [see John 14:15-17; 26].
If you love Me, keep My commandments.
And I will pray the Father, and
He will give you another Helper,
that He may abide with you forever—
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
" John 14:15-17 NKJV

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things,
and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
" John 14:26 NKJV

God's qualities certainly exceed the limitations of male biology, but if that is how Jesus saw fit to address the other two Persons in the Trinity, why should we challenge Him or disagree with Him on that matter...?

In Christianity, Jesus is the One who sets the standard; He IS the Standard. And we are being made into His likeness [1 John 3:2].

Reactions: April_Rose

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're saying that God is composed of physical properties - that which He created out of nothing?
I can't wait to hear the answer...
GINOLJC, to all.
Why ask me another question, from my question, is it because you don't know? you made a statement, now look at post #65. and see what I asked about it.

but to help you out, listen to what you said, "God, fertilized Mary's eggs with human sperm, that's all that there was to it. Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent".

so if Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent as you states, how did Lord Jesus coming from Heaven being in the Form of God as I stated, (phil 2:6) and you said God used human Sperm? don't be silly. now go back to post #65 and re-read what I asked.

but let me say this to help you out, you have no clue as to "who" and "what", the Lord Jesus is. meaning, did God use human sperm to produce a spirit, (the Son of Man?) or did God even use any human sperm to produce the Body/flesh that he, the Lord Jesus came in, (the Son of God)... the answer to both of those question is NO. but this is what I aske you. now, go back to post #65 and re-read what I asked.

because the Son of Man came from Heaven, and the Son of Man is incorporeal and immaterial, meaning no human sperm or egg is used because he is BEFORE any sperm or egg, for he is spirit.

and the Son of God came out of Mary's womb that is corporeal, and is material, but didn't come from any human sperm or human egg, and I have scripture to back that up.... :eek: YIKES!. so I challenge you to produce the book, the chapter, and the verses that back up your claim that God used sperm and Egg... at all.

DNB, since you aske me a question, without answering mine, I'll be the better man and still answer yours. you asked me,
"So, you're saying that God is composed of physical properties - that which He created out of nothing?"
watch my answer, NOT GOD, the spirit that came from heaven, but, YES, the body that he came in was.... (smile)...... :rolleyes: YIKES! and I have bible to back up that statement.

now, as said, give us the book and the chapter and verse(s) where it says God used human sperm to fertilized Mary's eggs".
that a simple and easy question to answer. I'll be looking for your answer.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, to all.
Why ask me another question, from my question, is it because you don't know? you made a statement, now look at post #65. and see what I asked about it.

but to help you out, listen to what you said, "God, fertilized Mary's eggs with human sperm, that's all that there was to it. Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent".

so if Divinity is incorporeal and immaterial, it is transcendent as you states, how did Lord Jesus coming from Heaven being in the Form of God as I stated, (phil 2:6) and you said God used human Sperm? don't be silly. now go back to post #65 and re-read what I asked.

but let me say this to help you out, you have no clue as to "who" and "what", the Lord Jesus is. meaning, did God use human sperm to produce a spirit, (the Son of Man?) or did God even use any human sperm to produce the Body/flesh that he, the Lord Jesus came in, (the Son of God)... the answer to both of those question is NO. but this is what I aske you. now, go back to post #65 and re-read what I asked.

because the Son of Man came from Heaven, and the Son of Man is incorporeal and immaterial, meaning no human sperm or egg is used because he is BEFORE any sperm or egg, for he is spirit.

and the Son of God came out of Mary's womb that is corporeal, and is material, but didn't come from any human sperm or human egg, and I have scripture to back that up.... :eek: YIKES!. so I challenge you to produce the book, the chapter, and the verses that back up your claim that God used sperm and Egg... at all.

DNB, since you aske me a question, without answering mine, I'll be the better man and still answer yours. you asked me,
"So, you're saying that God is composed of physical properties - that which He created out of nothing?"
watch my answer, NOT GOD, the spirit that came from heaven, but, YES, the body that he came in was.... (smile)...... :rolleyes: YIKES! and I have bible to back up that statement.

now, as said, give us the book and the chapter and verse(s) where it says God used human sperm to fertilized Mary's eggs".
that a simple and easy question to answer. I'll be looking for your answer.

PICJAG
God created Adam out of the dust of the earth, and Eve from the rib of Adam, ...who is perplexed about how he created Jesus inside Mary's womb (rhetorical)?
Jesus Christ is not God, so quit your confounded nonsense. You predicate is unsustainable, beyond comprehension, and absurd on so many levels.
God is transcendent, and incorporeal - he has no gender - He is not comprised of temporal matter that He created Himself, OBVIOUSLY.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hard to get it through peoples heads, religion has done its bit.
...must be, it absolutely amazes me how such unequivocally convoluted rubbish, has made it this far into anyone's dogma?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...must be, it absolutely amazes me how such unequivocally convoluted rubbish, has made it this far into anyone's dogma?
I was born and raised a catholic, i know where it came from, hard enough getting a man out of religion, even harder getting the religion out of a man, glad Jesus made it easy for me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created Adam out of the dust of the earth, and Eve from the rib of Adam, ...who is perplexed about how he created Jesus inside Mary's womb (rhetorical)?
Jesus Christ is not God, so quit your confounded nonsense. You predicate is unsustainable, beyond comprehension, and absurd on so many levels.
God is transcendent, and incorporeal - he has no gender - He is not comprised of temporal matter that He created Himself, OBVIOUSLY.
when people use, or try to use big words, as perplexed, rhetorical, or OBVIOUSLY in cap. that means they OBVIOUSLY have no answer. so we can take your reply as you don't know and cannot answer.

and when you say, "Jesus Christ is not God", well tell us, who was this then, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

so DNB, who came to "SAVE" us? without trying to use big words... :rolleyes: just tell us plainly who is God... by Name that came from heaven to save us? name please.

PICJAG