Is God Male?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?

Have you read 'The Shack' April-Rose? It portrays the Trinity as a black female, a white male and a spirit. It may not be accurate but for me it gave me a real insight into God's character.

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey...I like to pretend I'm mysogynist... doesn't mean that I actually own it.
But you chose her - right? So she's your 'whiney female'. God bless.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the 'whiney females' in your life.

*Whiney voice* Hey!! What is all of this about whiney females? :p

Have you read 'The Shack' April-Rose? It portrays the Trinity as a black female, a white male and a spirit. It may not be accurate but for me it gave me a real insight into God's character.

Yes actually I've read the book and seen the movie as well. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We pray our Father and Jesus was a man. there you have it!
agreed, "MAN", just as Adam and Eve was .... "MAN".

and as a matter of FACT, so like wise the angels .... "MAN". see, Daniel 9:21 (kjv)

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agreed, "MAN", just as Adam and Eve was .... "MAN".

and as a matter of FACT, so like wise the angels .... "MAN". see, Daniel 9:21 (kjv)

PICJAG

Adam and Eve were HUMAN not male.

And in Daniel "iysh" has multiple meanings other than man or male. context determines which meaning and in this case it would be servant.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?

I had a vision of two white holy spirits, one male and the other female, and they were presented as Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. I was filled with the love and peace from the holy spirit for a few hours and it was intense (Galatians 5:22-23). They gave me a message also, but that is private.

Therefor God is a male. But there is a Mother Spirit that is female.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were HUMAN not male
First thanks for the reply, second, did I say that they was "Males?" understand they are MAN, which is the Hebrew word,
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

Adam here means "MAN", for man is both Male and Female. that's "WHAT" they are. supportive scripture, NOW WATCH THE LANGUAGE, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." READ THAT LAST PART AGAIN. so God's Image is Male and Female... "MAN", or ANOTHER of himself in flesh. now let's secure this Image in Name, listen, Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;"
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

see Ronald Nolette, the First man didn't have a PERSONAL NAME, but only an Identifying Name as to "WHAT" he is...... see it now. both are called "Adam", because that's "WHAT" they are. for the definition of "MAN, as in MANKIND, (male and female), is H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m. see above,

now the identifying name to the single first man is
H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]
KJV: Adam.
Root(s): H120

see the difference betweeen H121 אָדָם 'Adam, and H120 אָדָם 'adam.... :)

PICJAG

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second, did I say that they was "Males?" understand they are MAN, which is the Hebrew word,
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Adam here means "MAN", for man is both Male and Female. that's "WHAT" they are. supportive scripture, NOW WATCH THE LANGUAGE, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." READ THAT LAST PART AGAIN. so God's Image is Male and Female... "MAN", or ANOTHER of himself in flesh. now let's secure this Image in Name, listen, Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;"
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

see Ronald Nolette, the First man didn't have a PERSONAL NAME, but only an Identifying Name as to "WHAT" he is...... see it now. both are called "Adam", because that's "WHAT" they are. for the definition of "MAN, as in MANKIND, (male and female), is H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m. see above,

[the same as H120]

PICJAG

Thank you for clarifying your satance. It was very murky to me before. I fully agree with this.

Adawm means ground-for it is a derivative of ad amah . Adam means ruddy or reddish for it was clay Adam was taken from. It then became a term for man as a creature then as a name for the first human.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was born?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[from H119]

[the same as H120]

PICJAG
I am glad you found that -4000 year old dictionary of original meanings that Moses left behind.

It clears everything up for us.

Reactions: 101G

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,.. in a stable on Christmas Day and Mary and Joseph named Him Jesus. :D
I just doubt God became an embryonic person, then newborn with a placenta.

I can see how God made a human son and made him God after resurrecting him though.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just found this, whatcha think?

"There are biblical translations where the pronoun used for the Holy Spirit is masculine, in contrast to the gender of the noun used for spirit in Hebrew and Aramaic. In Aramaic also, the language generally considered to have been spoken by Jesus, the word is feminine. However, in Greek the word (pneuma) is neuter."

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just found this, whatcha think?

"There are biblical translations where the pronoun used for the Holy Spirit is masculine, in contrast to the gender of the noun used for spirit in Hebrew and Aramaic. In Aramaic also, the language generally considered to have been spoken by Jesus, the word is feminine. However, in Greek the word (pneuma) is neuter."
Grammar alone will seldom, if ever, tell the tale. In German a young unmarried girl is "ein Mädchen, which is in the neuter gender. She does not become a female in grammar until she either marries or is otherwise acknowledged as an adult as per "eine Frau", which is in the feminine gender.

Reactions: Nancy