Is God Male?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a vision of two white holy spirits, one male and the other female, and they were presented as Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. I was filled with the love and peace from the holy spirit for a few hours and it was intense (Galatians 5:22-23). They gave me a message also, but that is private.

Therefor God is a male. But there is a Mother Spirit that is female.
You are treading on very precarious steps, DW, you are playing with fire. These alleged epiphanies, dreams and visions that you claim that you are having, do not sound Biblical at all, they sound heretical, and thus....

Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gender is determined by genitalia and reproductive organs. Since God neither urinates nor propagates, he has neither a penis nor vagina, uterus nor fallopian tubes, therefore he cannot be reduced to a gender, OBVIOUSLY!
God transcends all flesh and the material world, He is Spirit, non corporeal. He is neither male, nor female, OBVIOUSLY!

Language has its limitation in communication, although we do have genderless pronouns, it wouldn't be reverent or endearing to call God 'it', or 'that'.
Thus we use the word 'Father', as it represents one who both begets and nurtures. And, as He is the creator of all things seen and unseen, and that He is love, the term Father is represents such characteristics most aptly.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are treading on very precarious steps, DW, you are playing with fire. These alleged epiphanies, dreams and visions that you claim that you are having, do not sound Biblical at all, they sound heretical, and thus....

Do you believe Jesus is God? Not sure your reasoning in post #45 as Jesus was a man, and God the Father is a male since he is spelled out as a Father and not a Mother, but as far as the vision I had it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit so it is not heretical to me in the slightest.

But I might expect the response you gave as I have had some time to get to know your views. Cheers.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe Jesus is God? Not sure your reasoning in post #45 as Jesus was a man, and God the Father is a male since he is spelled out as a Father and not a Mother, but as far as the vision I had it was accompanied by the Holy Spirit so it is not heretical to me in the slightest.

But I might expect the response you gave as I have had some time to get to know your views. Cheers.
Well, that's my point, because I have gotten to know you a bit also, and have heard of your other perceived visions, I am convinced that it is not something Holy behind your inspirations.

God is spirit DW. He is not corporeal, he has no biological attributes that determine male or female. His essence transcends the material world, that is, all things quantifiable and finite. God the Father is merely a term of endearment, everyone knows that He does not propagate Himself in the manner that a father, by definition, does (begets offspring).
Thus, you did not see a vision of a mother & father, and it was not accompanied by the Holy Spirit.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?
John 4:24
God is a Holy Spirit. It was a sign of the times to use the male pronouns to refer to God.
I know Christians who hearken to the scriptures that pertain to the Hebrew feminine noun for spirit, ruach. And as such use the word, Goddess, instead when referring to God.

[sic]"...For women, the significance is that the ruach Elohim of Genesis 1:2 is a feminine noun accompanied with a feminine-ending verb form, m’rechephet." The Feminine Imagery of God in the Hebrew Bible

Ours is a personal relationship with the almighty source of all that exists. I don't think God/Goddess will offend if one feels led in that relationship to use either label to personally identify with what is so immense that our mere mortal minds cannot fully comprehend.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's my point, because I have gotten to know you a bit also, and have heard of your other perceived visions, I am convinced that it is not something Holy behind your inspirations.

God is spirit DW. He is not corporeal, he has no biological attributes that determine male or female. His essence transcends the material world, that is, all things quantifiable and finite. God the Father is merely a term of endearment, everyone knows that He does not propagate Himself in the manner that a father, by definition, does (begets offspring).
Thus, you did not see a vision of a mother & father, and it was not accompanied by the Holy Spirit.

I did have a communion with God the Father, and he appeared from a vast distance out to somewhere like the center of the universe. And he was a male, with grey like metal complexion and beard and looked older. And taught me to worship Jesus as he spoke in a way as to communicate with every cell of my body, which was not a known communication form I had ever witnessed.

Matthew 16:17 "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

DNB, where's your witness experience? Can you share one? What makes you qualified to discuss other peoples Holy Spirit experiences?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did have a communion with God the Father, and he appeared from a vast distance out to somewhere like the center of the universe. And he was a male, with grey like metal complexion and beard and looked older. And taught me to worship Jesus as he spoke in a way as to communicate with every cell of my body, which was not a known communication form I had ever witnessed.

Matthew 16:17 "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

DNB, where's your witness experience? Can you share one? What makes you qualified to discuss other peoples Holy Spirit experiences?
The Bible makes me qualified to verify other people's alleged Holy Spirit experiences.
God does not have a beard, DW, God is spirit, He is omnipresent, and does not have a face of steel - God created steel. ...do I sound qualified yet?
God did not communicate with you through every cell of your body, the flesh is at enmity with the spirit. If anything, He would communicate with your spirit, not your flesh. Am i qualified yet?
How old exactly, did God look? Noah lived to be 950 yrs, Adam about the same, Abraham 175, Jacob 147, Moses 110. How old did God look? Do I sound inept to you, or frivolously making accusations?
DW, I don't mean to be critical, but you are playing with fire. God imparts wisdom, not whimsical, feel-good visions. You are channeling other forces than the Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes me qualified to verify other people's alleged Holy Spirit experiences.
God does not have a beard, DW, God is spirit, He is omnipresent, and does not have a face of steel - God created steel. ...do I sound qualified yet?
God did not communicate with you through every cell of your body, the flesh is at enmity with the spirit. If anything, He would communicate with your spirit, not your flesh. Am i qualified yet?
How old exactly, did God look? Noah lived to be 950 yrs, Adam about the same, Abraham 175, Jacob 147, Moses 110. How old did God look? Do I sound inept to you, or frivolously making accusations?
DW, I don't mean to be critical, but you are playing with fire. God imparts wisdom, not whimsical, feel-good visions. You are channeling other forces than the Holy Spirit.

God's playing with fire? I doubt it. I think you're one of those doubters. I've had experiences with people that have similar views as yours. No worries, doesn't bother me at all. I get the best of all of it.

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is masculine and the Godhead “self-identifies” as masculine, plural (“Let us - masculine plural - make man in our image”).
I have no idea if “spirits” have gender.

Reactions: April_Rose

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's playing with fire? I doubt it. I think you're one of those doubters. I've had experiences with people that have similar views as yours. No worries, doesn't bother me at all. I get the best of all of it.
It's a warning DW, not meant to insult.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
does not propagate Himself in the manner that a father, by definition
Certainly not in the manner of humans true, yet
does (begets offspring).
He had a Son who became a man. Thai makes God a Father. Unless you think Him just a metaphorical Father and the Son a metaphorical Son. If that's the case then out salvation is dependant upon us believing a metaphor.

Last edited by a moderator:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly not in the manner of humans true, yet

He had a Son who became a man. Thai makes God a Father. Unless you think Him just a metaphorical Father and the Son a metaphorical Son. If that's the case then out Sharon is dependant upon us believing a metaphor.

Mothers have sons too though.