Is God Moral?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God moral?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see what others are getting on you about

How arrogant do you have to be to make a response like this.

I never said God was not Good before Jesus came, I did not.
I'm not trying to be arrogant. I'm simply responding directly to your own words. If I've misunderstood you then just say so and clarify. Trust me. If I ever decide to insult someone, you won't be able to mistake it for anything else. I was not being arrogant. I was being quite dispassionate actually.

All i said was jesus did set the standard. He said if you see me, you have seen the father.’’so in your own words. Your disagreement is irrelevant (i would suggest you show some humility in the future)
If there was no standard before Christ lived on Earth then there was no right or wrong, nor good or evil. It is the standard that gives these words meaning.

His standard, Perfect love
CLOSE! Close enough actually that it could not be considered incorrect, just not as precise as possible. There is a concept more fundamental than love (not more important than or greater than, just more basic; more fundamental). Care to guess what it is?

I answered this before..I said the standard is loved only in this case, not human love but perfect love.

Jesus is the only one one in the flesh who ever did this..

God however has done it for all eternity
Quite so!

We are not in disagreement - probably at all. It is merely your phrasing that made me respond as though your were saying something that it seems clear now you did not intend.

To be as precise as possible, Christ's earthly life did not SET the standard, it MET the standard of righteousness that has always existed and His was the only human life to ever do so. (Caps indicate emphasis only, not yelling).

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity is a banned subject on the forum. This is not up for discussion, check the forum rules.
Rita
I did that already! There is no mention of the word "Trinity" in any set of rules I can find.

Not that it doesn't exist. Perhaps you could post a link?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I posted the message from admin on another Thread. ‘ owner of the site here ‘
If You go to the Community welcome forum, you will find it there

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be arrogant. I'm simply responding directly to your own words. If I've misunderstood you then just say so and clarify. Trust me. If I ever decide to insult someone, you won't be able to mistake it for anything else. I was not being arrogant. I was being quite dispassionate actually.

If there was no standard before Christ lived on Earth then there was no right or wrong, nor good or evil. It is the standard that gives these words meaning.
sorry, Your post was not proper.. again, Listen to people a lot have been telling you to be more humble

I never said there was no standard before Christ. I said he as much as shown us the standard that there there before he came.

Again, if you have seen me you have seen the father..
CLOSE! Close enough actually that it could not be considered incorrect, just not as precise as possible. There is a concept more fundamental than love (not more important than or greater than, just more basic; more fundamental). Care to guess what it is?
Please. Tell me.. I think we are all sick of trying to guess. But as of now. i disagree with you

Jesus showed us the standard when he said if we love, we have fulfilled the law and prophets..
Quite so!

We are not in disagreement - probably at all. It is merely your phrasing that made me respond as though your were saying something that it seems clear now you did not intend.

To be as precise as possible, Christ's earthly life did not SET the standard, it MET the standard of righteousness that has always existed and His was the only human life to ever do so. (Caps indicate emphasis only, not yelling).
Which is exactly what i said.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t keep getting personal...or i will report your post!...all over this thread you have posted insulting remarks to members.
Quote one.

Again don’t get personal discuss the topic not the poster
I asked you a question.

Who am I trying to convince...prove what?
Any claim you make - all of them - when challenged. Getting all upset and acting like you're getting insulted won't move the discussion along will it?

Not on this topic I won’t....maybe in the Born Again topics, that might be interesting to discuss with you.

I look forward to discussing with you in the Born Again topics.
Yeah, sure, whatever you want to discuss. The topic isn't the point. The point is that just because I disagree with you or find your posts sort of cryptic and unclear doesn't mean I'm beaming an implied insult in your direction. I haven't said a single insulting thing to anyone on this website! I haven't even been here long enough to get upset with anyone. One thing is for sure - I will not walk around on egg shells worried about whether what I say offends you or not. If I intend to offend you, I can guarantee that there won't be any need to wonder about whether or not it was my intent. It will be undeniably obvious and I'd just tell you straight that I'm doing it anyway. I have no intention of being insulting but if that changed there'd be no denying it.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted the message from admin on another Thread. ‘ owner of the site here ‘
If You go to the Community welcome forum, you will find it there
I've looked there. There's over 160 posts on that thread. Can you be any more specific? Maybe give me the post number?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Quote one.
You told me I was unhinged....everyone can see for themselves your rudeness.
I asked you a question.

Any claim you make - all of them - when challenged. Getting all upset and acting like you're getting insulted won't move the discussion along will it?

You did no such thing..as I said..join the Born Again threads and challenge me there by all means...this topic was not about Born Again.
Yeah, sure, whatever you want to discuss. The topic isn't the point. The point is that just because I disagree with you or find your posts sort of cryptic and unclear doesn't mean I'm beaming an implied insult in your direction
I don’t care if you think my posts are cryptic or that you disagree with me....discuss the topic not the character of the poster.
. I haven't said a single insulting thing to anyone on this website! I haven't even been here long enough to get upset with anyone. One thing is for sure - I will not walk around on egg shells worried about whether what I say offends you or not.
I don’t walk on eggshells either...same for me..if what I speak of Gods word and it offends you..deal with it.
If I intend to offend you, I can guarantee that there won't be any need to wonder about whether or not it was my intent. It will be undeniably obvious and I'd just tell you straight that I'm doing it anyway. I have no intention of being insulting but if that changed there'd be no denying it.
Then your insulting post will be reported..be careful with your personal remarks...as in....” I’m unhinged “stick with the topic in hand and keep your personal remarks about my character to yourself.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary it is the very food of faith.

Faith is not the absence of proof but the willing to act on the substantive evidence.

I understand that one definition of faith is "the substance of things hoped for" but I've always had more of a legal sense of the word "proof" being more conclusive than "evidence."

But, then, I don't wish to descend very far into semantics.

Beware of neo-Gnosticism. :r.u.n:

Reactions: Wrangler

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just what the bible says. He is good.

How do you see it?

And I won't do the poll because obviously there is only one correct answer. I don't understand why you had to ask the question unless it is to find people who disagree and put them on the spot.
It's a good question Pearl. It also begs the question, 'what is understood by morality?'
I'm interested to see where this goes.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, Wrangler !

This response is fraught with ad hominems of attack.
Ad Homenim is a type of logical fallacy. It goes, your argument is wrong because something is wrong with you.

My comments were not about his argument at all. Now that this new poster has revealed himself more, one might see the validity of my observations.

Reactions: Ritajanice

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can see a barren field.....one of accusation and counter accusation.
It's amazing! I wonder how one can love 'right' people. .....maybe it's got something to do with morality!

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that one definition of faith is "the substance of things hoped for" but I've always had more of a legal sense of the word "proof" being more conclusive than "evidence."

But, then, I don't wish to descend very far into semantics.

Beware of neo-Gnosticism. :r.u.n:

Well, I did say that I intended to go most of that way toward that goal (or something along those lines) and I've yet to find anyone who even made a good attempt to refute of syllable of my argument.

Good chance that I'll be posting it tomorrow, by the way. It seems like we've already run the steam out of anything substantive otherwise. To bad, really. I thought it was going to be fun but there's a whole bunch around here who are just looking for any reason they can find to get offended. It seems straight talk=condescending insult around here. Jury is still out though. We'll see how it goes after I've posted my argument.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just what the bible says. He is good.

How do you see it?

And I won't do the poll because obviously there is only one correct answer. I don't understand why you had to ask the question unless it is to find people who disagree and put them on the spot.
No one is forcing you to. If you don't want to that's fine. I ask the question and have only two answers because I like for people to have the courage of their convictions and because, otherwise, hardly anyone would believe me when I told them that there are people who would answer, "No".

This bunch is pretty hard to evaluate. On the one hand we have a full 9% of the respondents who answer "No". That would be a rather high number except that, on the other hand, we have at least one person who doesn't want to click the "Yes" button on the grounds of principle which, if you count that as a yes would drop it to around 8% which is still a little on the high side except that we've only had twelve responses and that's only if we count you as a yes which isn't exactly the sort of sample size I was hoping for. Usually, I've got twenty or thirty responses to work with and even then it's usually no more than just one or two that answer "no".

Let's just paint it in the most positive possible light and accept one no vote as ONLY one no vote. It could very easily go another ten plus votes before we got another "no" and that's only if we found someone with the courage to actually push the "no" button.

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to The Lord through Paul in Gal 5" immorality" is a work of the flesh. In this Chapter he list the works of the flesh verses The Fruit of The Spirit. Now to answer you question. Yes, God is Good. He has been good to me and through me while in The Spirit. Galatians 5 is a good reading for the day.

Last edited:

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to The Lord through Paul in Gal 5" immorality" is a work of the flesh. In this Chapter he list the works of the flesh verses The Fruit of The Spirit. Now to answer you question. Yes, God is Good. He has been good to me and through me while in The Spirit. Galatians 5 is a good reading for the day.
:vgood:

I'm out of time this evening. I look to post my full answer to the question tomorrow.