Is God Moral?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God moral?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After saying about my post "This is the single best post on this entire thread up to this point!" you went on to assume -- incorrectly -- that I answered "no" to the poll, called it "Very disappointing!" and then said "Your instincts are good and so there's hope." Your assumption about my participation in the poll was incorrect, so someone's thinking was deficient.

Perhaps your recognition of my "good instincts" will extend to tolerating my giving you a bit of advice. The reaction of a number of posters on this thread to your words should be cause for some introspection on your part. Civility has its benefits. I'd like to see you appropriate them. You are less likely to be taken seriously if the tenor of your comments remains as it has been on this thread.
To your point of introspection. I have actually already shown this thread to two people whom I trust to tell me the truth for the exact purpose you suggest. They both independently told me the same thing, that I wasn't the problem and that these people seem to be searching for a reason to be offended. One of them mentioned that it seemed to them that the ones that were so persistently ridiculous likely come from a younger generation that has been raised to think that any who doesn't care what other people think about them is to be reviled. Anyone who has the courage of their convictions enough to state them boldly is going to be received as hostile because they've been taught that this is what hostility is.

I don't know any of these people and have no idea from which generation their from or even whether such an observation would be accurate in this case or not. What I do know is this...

I am not responsible for the irrationality of others. I have gone back a read my posts in this thread and with the exception of one single sentence, which I personally pointed out on a separate post, none of it was worthy of the asinine reception I've received on this thread.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to provide even one piece of evidence for this accusation?

I've done precisely nothing but asked a single question and responded directly to whatever someone said about it.

This is without a doubt the most hostile group of Christians I have ever encountered in my entire life. You people just cannot keep from being offended! I'd be scared to find out what would happen to you if I actually insulted any of you. My God, you'd collapse and have a conniption!

Says who, you?

Why should I care about what you think that I should have done?

Guess what? I DON'T!

Get over yourself and respond with something other than your ego or get off my thread.

Any third grade child would be able to follow the points I was making.

You are one super cynical dude! Wow!

It shows me who the cynics are in the group! Some of you people have the thinnest skin ever! I mean, sheesh!
Your disagreement is irrelevant.
You are unhinged. . Can you make the same claim or do you just get all emotional when people challenge the things you say on a debate forum?
Need I continue.

2 wrongs do not make a right. While some of these responses was to someone who were attacking you with silly nonsense. It does not give you the right to attack everyone else. because your upset yourself

ie practice what you preach, don't be a hypocrite

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name does not ring a bell.. But I am sure you are right.. My short term memory is not what it once was..lol
I hear you.
I ,however, remember the arrogant ones & their names
Sometimes they change their names but the attitude and spirit still comes through in they way they post.

Nothing surprises me anymore about what ppl say they believe.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can we just put all this petty nonsense behind us.

I know I’m a hypocrite....look at me on that thread yesterday....I was like a dog with a bone....I believe I learnt from it though...

Let’s all start=afresh....

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Need I continue.

2 wrongs do not make a right. While some of these responses was to someone who were attacking you with silly nonsense. It does not give you the right to attack everyone else. because your upset yourself

ie practice what you preach, don't be a hypocrite
Notice that all of that was me IN RESPONSE to others would were all upset with me for no reason at all! Am I supposed to not defend myself or is it that my having enough self-esteem to defend myself is what offends you? Is being wrongfully accused not sufficient grounds to take offense or am I the only one that isn't allowed to get offended around here?

You know what! This isn't worth it. This is supposed to be fun. This is the opposite of fun.

You succeeded in running me off. Go ahead and celebrate all you like.

Matthew 12:36

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to be offended then be offended.
I think enough members posted some variation of picking up on your flagrant disregard of others for you to worry about yourself being moral in God’s eyes.

For you to concern yourself with wondering if God is moral in your eyes is silly because it is way, WAY, WAY above your pay grade. To use your own standard, who are you to judge God? I’ll pray for you.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tearhair_smiley.gifI simply cannot believe it. Arguing over arguing.

When there is an element of truth to all replies, and also an element of wrong.

No one is 100% correct. NO church is 100% right and NO church is 100% wrong.

Ya want to argue over something... be in my shoes maybe 6 or 7 years ago when a group, individually each member suggested or overtly stated that I either was not saved or my salvation was in doubt. That was 11 people folks. Try that on for size. Then have a kumbaya discussion with them.

That's when one either gets down and dirty or sulks off in a corner . I opted for the corner.

Tired of the corner I took the advice of one with a personality like Logikos (Ironically with Texas in their user name.... must be the air) and grew a backbone or something else and never looked back. Yep... even girls do that too, just trying to be a bit more genteel on here, for the moment

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 39433I simply cannot believe it. Arguing over arguing.

When there is an element of truth to all replies, and also an element of wrong.

No one is 100% correct. NO church is 100% right and NO church is 100% wrong.

Ya want to argue over something... be in my shoes maybe 6 or 7 years ago when a group, individually each member suggested or overtly stated that I either was not saved or my salvation was in doubt. That was 11 people folks. Try that on for size. Then have a kumbaya discussion with them.

That's when one either gets down and dirty or sulks off in a corner . I opted for the corner.

Tired of the corner I took the advice of one with a personality like Logikos (Ironically with Texas in their user name.... must be the air) and grew a backbone or something else and never looked back. Yep... even girls do that too, just trying to be a bit more genteel on here, for the moment

Insightful post ,thanks....I too used to be a mouse...can you believe that...LOL.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that all of that was me IN RESPONSE to others would were all upset with me for no reason at all! Am I supposed to not defend myself or is it that my having enough self-esteem to defend myself is what offends you? Is being wrongfully accused not sufficient grounds to take offense or am I the only one that isn't allowed to get offended around here?

You know what! This isn't worth it. This is supposed to be fun. This is the opposite of fun.

Matthew 12:36
You don't get it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I supposed to not defend myself or is it that my having enough self-esteem to defend myself is what offends you? Is being wrongfully accused not sufficient grounds to take offense or am I the only one that isn't allowed to get offended around here?

The sin of pride is not merely self esteem.

You asked a question, repeatedly admitted you don't care what the answers are from people, then pretend like you are the victim in being offended/falsely accused/judged (deficient thinking, insufficient answer). Bless your heart!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God moral?

Sounds like a simple enough question. I'm always amazed at the squirming it causes!

Please click "Yes" or "No" and then explain your answer.
Notice there are only two answers. That's on purpose.

I, of course, have a very definite answer and will post a somewhat detailed explanation of that answer but will wait to do so until after we get some poll results.

I've posted my thesis on the following new thread....

Our Moral God
Yes, God is moral.

Evans

Jun 29, 2023
Berlin
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
Of course, writing research proposals is a rather complex process and requires certain skills and knowledge. In this regard, when I had difficulty writing a research proposal, I tried to follow the instructions I received from the phd proposal writer and this allowed me to express my academic interests, goals and motivation for enrolling in a PhD program in philosophy. Of course, PhD proposals vary depending on what exactly they are focused on: academic career, research, education, etc., but I am sure that with professional authors no difficulties will become an obstacle to achieving goals. I was able to highlight my unique aspects by showing my inspirations and research goals. I hope everyone achieves what they want using the experience of professional resource experts.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The short answer is yes. God is the one who defines what is right and wrong as He is the highest authority. Everything else is an opinion.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God moral?

Sounds like a simple enough question. I'm always amazed at the squirming it causes!

Please click "Yes" or "No" and then explain your answer.
Notice there are only two answers. That's on purpose.

I, of course, have a very definite answer and will post a somewhat detailed explanation of that answer but will wait to do so until after we get some poll results.

I've posted my thesis on the following new thread....

Our Moral God
Morality is in regard to what we ought to do and we ought to obey God, so all of God's laws are inherently moral laws. Legislators give laws in regard to what they think ought to be done, so for someone to think that God or any of His laws are not moral laws is to think that God made a moral error about what ought to be done when He did that or gave those laws, which is claiming to have greater moral knowledge than God.

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Morality is in regard to what we ought to do and we ought to obey God, so all of God's laws are inherently moral laws. Legislators give laws in regard to what they think ought to be done, so for someone to think that God or any of His laws are not moral laws is to think that God made a moral error about what ought to be done when He did that or gave those laws, which is claiming to have greater moral knowledge than God.
So then is God Himself moral? If so, how so, by what standard?

Also, while disobeying God is immoral by virtue of His authority over mankind, not all of God's laws were inherently moral in nature. In fact, the majority of them were not. They had to do with religious rituals and setting things up in such a way as to not only teach various things through symbolism but also to keep Israel separated from other nations. Circumcision, for example, is not an inherently moral thing to do. Gentiles were not sinning against God by not circumcising their children. Violating a moral law, on the other hand, is sinful in any circumstance. There is no circumstance where it is permissible to murder someone, for example.