Is God sending people straight to hell when they die, today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:7
7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Even those who pierced Him? Clearly a FUTURE event! Poor Muslims! Imagine Tlaib and Omar's faces. Hamas will wish they were never born.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It

It has plenty to do with that "age of indignation", being those who were under the OC. They were instructed to have faith in the "Promised one" who was to come, who is Jesus. In the days of Jesus, we have two examples of such people, being Nathaneal and Simeon. Both were "Israelites indeed".

All of such were "remembered" by God Malachi 3:16, and in Rev. 6:9-11, we see that God did not forget them, and were those who physically came out of their graves after Jesus' resurrection, and are of the symbolic number of the 144,000 out of the 12 tribes of Israel past.
Cool. So does God still send people to sheol? That is the topic. You say, yes cause people are put in graves?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It

It has plenty to do with that "age of indignation", being those who were under the OC. They were instructed to have faith in the "Promised one" who was to come, who is Jesus. In the days of Jesus, we have two examples of such people, being Nathaneal and Simeon. Both were "Israelites indeed".

All of such were "remembered" by God. Malachi 3:16. In Rev. 6:9-11, we see that God did not forget them, and were those who physically came out of their graves after Jesus' resurrection, and are of the symbolic number of the 144,000 out of the 12 tribes of Israel past.
I doubt anybody came out of graves after Jesus was resurrected. Some scholars even say those verses were added to the text.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt anybody came out of graves after Jesus was resurrected. Some scholars even say those verses were added to the text.
I dont know personally. Its up for conjecture. However I choose to believe perhaps it was real people or it was those who were faithful and woke up to realize Jesus was resurrected from the dead and became spiritually alive in Christ.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the past I have heard that, but now I understand why "scholars" would say such a thing. 1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

For years, I once had no understanding of it also. However, only in these latter years of my life, has God revealed it to me, of which I have briefly expressed in my recent post #457 and 459.

It's mainly due to accepting a series of preconceived false understandings, that had taken deep root in the early church, through the uninspired so called "church fathers", of whom formed into "creeds" of belief, for the masses to live by. Even to this day, if a particular church creed doesn't say it, it's not to be believed.

The following are three scriptures that spured me on, to have a better understanding of those who were bodily resurrected soon after Jesus' resurrection:
John 7
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified [resurrected].)

John 11[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Luke 23
[40] But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
[41] And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
[42] And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
[43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be WITH me in paradise.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the past I have heard that, but now I understand why "scholars" would say such a thing. 1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

For years, I once had no understanding of it also. However, only in these latter years of my life, has God revealed it to me, of which I have briefly expressed in my recent post #457 and 459.

It's mainly due to accepting a series of preconceived false understandings, that had taken deep root in the early church, through the uninspired so called "church fathers", of whom formed into "creeds" of belief, for the masses to live by. Even to this day, if a particular church creed doesn't say it, it's not to be believed.

The following are three scriptures that spured me on, to have a better understanding of those who were bodily resurrected soon after Jesus' resurrection:
John 7
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified [resurrected].)

John 11[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Luke 23
[40] But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
[41] And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
[42] And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
[43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be WITH me in paradise.
I read what you wrote here and cannot understand why you think a few people got out of their graves. Nothing like that is taught anywhere and all such thinking makes no sense in the context of the rest of the Bible.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know personally. Its up for conjecture. However I choose to believe perhaps it was real people or it was those who were faithful and woke up to realize Jesus was resurrected from the dead and became spiritually alive in Christ.
No such thinking makes any sense in the context of the rest of the Bible. Nothing like that is taught in the Bible.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 27 NKJV
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,
52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even those who pierced Him? Clearly a FUTURE event! Poor Muslims! Imagine Tlaib and Omar's faces. Hamas will wish they were never born.
Only Jesus Himself is "the First resurrection" (Rev. 20:6), being Himself "the First born from the dead". (Col. 1:18).

Without faith in Him, being those who lived before His manifestation in the flesh, as well as we after it, through His resurrection, NO ONE shall be saved from eternal death. John 3:18.

So then, it's not what, but rather Who is it that is the First resurrection?
Hopefully, all here are "blessed", by taking part in HIS resurrection, by being born again of His Holy Spirit. John 3:3-8 and 1 John 5:12-13; Rom. 8:8-9.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thinking makes any sense in the context of the rest of the Bible. Nothing like that is taught in the Bible.
Ref. Mat. 27:51-53.

And of course, that would be the case for us today. Down through centuries, we have numerous false doctrines, that have been fabricated by "scholars" (church-ianity), that we are trying to filter it through. 1 Cor. 2:5.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ref. Mat. 27:51-53.

And of course, that would be the case for us today. Down through centuries, we have numerous false doctrines, that have been fabricated by "scholars" (church-ianity), that we are trying to filter it through. 1 Cor. 2:5.
I'm not buying Ref. Mat. 27:52-53

It probably was added latter to the Bible because it does not fit with anything that we know of about God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It probably was added latter to the Bible because it does not fit with anything that we know of about God.
I just checked over 30 English Bibles and they clearly agree with Mt 27: 51 - 53

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just checked over 30 English Bibles and they clearly agree with Mt 27: 51 - 53
Yeah I can't find anything against it either. I'm going to have to bow to you on this one. It just seems odd that such a thing would have happened and for what purpose? It would have had to be those who just died so their bodies were somewhat intact and then what? They just died again? They could not have gone to heaven because the Scriptures say Jesus was the first born among the dead.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I can't find anything against it either. I'm going to have to bow to you on this one. It just seems odd that such a thing would have happened and for what purpose? It would have had to be those who just died so their bodies were somewhat intact and then what? They just died again? They could not have gone to heaven because the Scriptures say Jesus was the first born among the dead.
The Bible is a Book of miracles. God forgiving us is one example.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peterlag wrote:
"....it does not fit with anything that we know of about God.",....

Earburner's reply:
....according to the numerous false doctrines by the scholars, through the wisdom of men.
We are warned by the Holy Spirit through Paul: that our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but rather in the power/teaching of the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 2:5.

1 John 2
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you:
but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What if it is not what you say, but rather was the actual event of many saints who had lived under the OC, and were literally resurrected into the likeness of Jesus' resurrection and Immortality?
Doesn't Rev. 6:9-11 reveal that those under the altar were not "Christians" after the day of Pentecost, but in reality are those that God had remembered (Malachi 3:16), who were of faith under the OC, looking for the Promise that was to come? Indeed they are, and therefore they are who came out of their graves after Christ's resurrection, in Mat. 27.

Such an event at that time, is not in the mind of "church-ianity", because the words: "the first resurrection", is only seen by them as being still in the future only, and therefore cannot take place at any other time.

However, for scripture to say that Jesus is "the firstborn from the dead", is to literally say that Jesus Himself is "the First resurrection".

So then, by the words of Rev. 20[6] "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power",....can only be effectual when a person is "born again" from above of God's Holy Spirit, while they still have breath. It is then that "the second death" is made void in a believers life.
So then, to be "born again" of God's Holy Spirit, is to have taken part in the first resurrection, who is Christ.
I refer you back to my post #457 and 459, as well as 469.
EDIT:
Israel of faith under the OC needed the same, because prior to Jesus' resurrection, being the First, the Holy Spirit of God had not yet been given.
John 7

[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Col.2[12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Col.3[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if it is not what you say, but rather was the actual event of many saints who had lived under the OC, and were literally resurrected into the likeness of Jesus' resurrection and Immortality?

Such an event at that time, is not in the mind of "church-ianity", because the words: "the first resurrection", is only seen by them as being still in the future only, and therefore cannot take place at any other time.

However, for scripture to say that Jesus is "the firstborn from the dead", is to literally say that Jesus Himself is "the First resurrection".

So then, by the words of Rev. 20[6] "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power",....can only be effectual when a person is "born again" from above of God's Holy Spirit, while they still have breath. It is then that "the second death" is made void in a believers life.
So then, to be "born again" of God's Holy Spirit, is to have taken part in the first resurrection, who is Christ.
I refer you back to my post #457 and 459

Col.2[12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Col.3[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
You lost me when you said the firstborn from the dead", is to literally say that Jesus Himself is "the First resurrection". Jesus was the first born among the dead because God raised him from the dead. That has nothing to do with the first resurrection or the book of Revelation.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lost me when you said the firstborn from the dead", is to literally say that Jesus Himself is "the First resurrection". Jesus was the first born among the dead because God raised him from the dead. That has nothing to do with the first resurrection or the book of Revelation.
You are lost in that thinking, because your mind has been inundated and overwhelmed by a false understanding of what we have ALL BEEN led to believe of WHAT the first resurrection is, and not that of WHO.
Please see my edit in post 478.

So now the question is: if Jesus isn't the first person resurrected from the dead into immortality, having eternal life, who was?

Last edited: