Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for the tip. I really don't know any liberals. But I do know conservatives are helpful to the disabled as I know a few of them.

I have some in my family, they only help those who want the liberal agenda if you don't they say oh well. I have known many liberals all the same

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some in my family, they only help those who want the liberal agenda if you don't they say oh well. I have known many liberals all the same

Kinda reminds me of the Mormon church. They only really help members, but sometimes help others perhaps, but not usually, which I found out being a member for 10 years. Only people with the same agenda. And it's interesting to hear that the liberals you know are similar. Kinda like promoting their cause comes before general welfare and charity. Perhaps not as much in the spirit of Christianity as I would like to see for Mormons, or in the case of liberals, humanity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda reminds me of the Mormon church. They only really help members, but sometimes help others perhaps, but not usually, which I found out being a member for 10 years. Only people with the same agenda. And it's interesting to hear that the liberals you know are similar. Kinda like promoting their cause comes before general welfare and charity. Perhaps not as much in the spirit of Christianity as I would like to see for Mormons, or in the case of liberals, humanity.
That's not remotely accurate.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not remotely accurate.
Yeah I think we've disagreed there in the CF forum before. I've known poor people that asked the LDS church for help and were denied because they weren't members. But you seem to disagree with a lot of my findings. You can have a look here: (Bishop's storehouse - Wikipedia). And note that while it says they can help non-members, it is up to the Bishop to decide whether he will help.

"Persons in need, whether members of the church or not, can access the storehouse by approaching a bishop or local Relief Society president. The bishop decides whether or not the person will be given assistance and works with the Relief Society president in determining what the person will be given. The usual practice is to ask the recipient to work or render some form of service in exchange for the good given them."

Then if they're working for it, it's not really a charity service is it?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Since the 2 party system is now good vs evil it would only make sense to think that it is a sin. I'm sure also, that God will judge in some way against those who vote dem.

Reactions: Base12 and historyb

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is simply best to disagree than re-hash things again then. But there certainly is disagreement.

Yeah cause if they're going to make you work for your goods and such, then maybe the non-member wants a 6 pack of beer or a pack of cigs for their work huh? But I doubt the Mormons would honor their freedom of choice for their work in that way. So we'll probably disagree that Mormons have an actual charity system for non-members.

But in all honesty, if I'm working for my money, I'll spend it anyway I want.

But seriously, they should give out rifles, camping gear, and fish tackle, that way they don't have to work for controlling Mormons anymore, they can just get their own food from the fish and wildlife refuge. LOL, just kidding ;)

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?
Absolutely.

When a group of evildoers have committed themselves to destroying (1) a country and all its institutions and Constitution, (2) the rule of law, (3) law and order, (4) policing in general, (5) good sound government, (6) businesses, (7) families, (8) homes, (9) unborn babies, (10) society in general, it would be a sin to support and encourage such evil.

It would appear that demons and Satan have take control of this group of anarchists.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well in Jeremiah 27:17 it was not a sin to serve the King of Babylon, back then they were told to "Serve the king of Babylon, and you will live."

What about this one?

Mark 12:17
Well, then,” Jesus said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” His reply completely amazed them.

Were the King of Babylon in Jeremiah 27 and Caeser Righteous Godly men?

As I always say people, especially Christians have their reasons for voting different political parties. Most Christians who vote Democrats do not vote for the reasons of more freedom of abortions. But most Christians who vote Democrat probably vote on the reasons of more compassion on illegal immigrants and refugees, more compassion for those less fortunate, including the unemployed and homeless and better more affordable healthcare, they probably also vote on the reasons of those from different races getting treated fairly and having the same job opportunities, same living standards, the same qualities of life as others no matter what their racial background is or whether they come from a poor, average or rich family, they probably vote on reasons that gives everyone equal opportunities to success.

But no matter who the leader or who your governor is, we are told to pray for them.

Trump has a lot of prayer, there is no doubt about that, but did Obama have anywhere the same level of prayer, does governor of NY or Cali have the same level of prayer, does Biden or Kamala have the same level of prayer?

Maybe if more prayed for Obama when he was President, the USA might be in a very different position.

Now I might cop a lot of criticism for this post, but I am standing up for the Christian members of this forum who might vote Democrat, these members are continually getting alienated because of the way they may or may not vote, is this the way we should treat our brothers and sisters?

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in Jeremiah 27:17 it was not a sin to serve the King of Babylon, back then they were told to "Serve the king of Babylon, and you will live."

What about this one?

Mark 12:17
Well, then,” Jesus said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” His reply completely amazed them.

Were the King of Babylon in Jeremiah 27 and Caeser Righteous Godly men?

As I always say people, especially Christians have their reasons for voting different political parties. Most Christians who vote Democrats do not vote for the reasons of more freedom of abortions. But most Christians who vote Democrat probably vote on the reasons of more compassion on illegal immigrants and refugees, more compassion for those less fortunate, including the unemployed and homeless and better more affordable healthcare, they probably also vote on the reasons of those from different races getting treated fairly and having the same job opportunities, same living standards, the same qualities of life as others no matter what their racial background is or whether they come from a poor, average or rich family, they probably vote on reasons that gives everyone equal opportunities to success.

But no matter who the leader or who your governor is, we are told to pray for them.

Trump has a lot of prayer, there is no doubt about that, but did Obama have anywhere the same level of prayer, does governor of NY or Cali have the same level of prayer, does Biden or Kamala have the same level of prayer?

Maybe if more prayed for Obama when he was President, the USA might be in a very different position.

Now I might cop a lot of criticism for this post, but I am standing up for the Christian members of this forum who might vote Democrat, these members are continually getting alienated because of the way they may or may not vote, is this the way we should treat our brothers and sisters?
Should we have compassion for 600,000 babies...8 million babies. Sometimes I think that the numbers get so large that people cannot comprehend the significance. And whatever topic you go on, compassion... if it is not criminals, all they give is lip service. They have been able to pass over lies as truth for decades. That is their only grand achievement, to make people believe lies, so they get there votes. Compassion for criminals vs compassion for babies if that is a question in your head....that is a problem. And as far as prayers, I do not pray for communists and enemies of God and Christianity. Blood thirsty baby killers, I have another solution for them.....

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we have compassion for 600,000 babies...8 million babies. Sometimes I think that the numbers get so large that people cannot comprehend the significance. And whatever topic you go on, compassion... if it is not criminals, all they give is lip service. They have been able to pass over lies as truth for decades. That is their only grand achievement, to make people believe lies, so they get there votes. Compassion for criminals vs compassion for babies if that is a question in your head....that is a problem. And as far as prayers, I do not pray for communists and enemies of God and Christianity. Blood thirsty baby killers, I have another solution for them.....

Yes but he has a point, and there was a time when I wasn't aware of the lack of Christianity of the democratic party. But I am learning over the last several years.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If they vote for baby murder, yes. You can not be any kind of believer and vote democrat, their platform embraces baby murder. Stand up all you want it changes nothing.

Should we have compassion for 600,000 babies...8 million babies.

Apparently not. More important we lie and treat others wonderful who hate life

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who knowingly vote for the mass murderers of unborn babies will have a tough time on Judgment Day.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And as far as prayers, I do not pray for communists and enemies of God and Christianity. Blood thirsty baby killers, I have another solution for them.....

Perhaps you might want to re-read these verses.

Matthew 5:43-48 - NKJV

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Luke 6:27-28 - NKJV
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

Luke 6:27-28 - NIV
“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:35 - NKJV
But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 - NKJV

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but he has a point, and there was a time when I wasn't aware of the lack of Christianity of the democratic party. But I am learning over the last several years.
People are more likely to believe in a conspiracy theory than face the true depths of evil. There are a lot of younger voters out there. Not to many left that stormed the beaches of Normandy. Blood and guts and limbs flying in all directions. They don't know the blood and horror that we will have go through to get this country back once it converts to communism. Not only us but our children. Freedom and Liberty is not the normal state of this world. A country that stands for Christian values in down to one.

Back in the day of Christ, Satan had the world in his hand, all that was left was the area around Jerusalem. It took a God to save us from that. The United States is all that is left. So we will see where that battle goes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are more likely to believe in a conspiracy theory than face the true depths of evil. There are a lot of younger voters out there. Not to many left that stormed the beaches of Normandy. Blood and guts and limbs flying in all directions. They don't know the blood and horror that we will have go through to get this country back once it converts to communism. Not only us but our children. Freedom and Liberty is not the normal state of this world. A country that stands for Christian values in down to one.

Back in the day of Christ, Satan had the world in his hand, all that was left was the area around Jerusalem. It took a God to save us from that. The United States is all that is left. So we will see where that battle goes.

Yeah I thought about that too. "What would it take to overthrow a dictatorship once it took over the USA"?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you might want to re-read these verses.

Matthew 5:43-48 - NKJV

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Luke 6:27-28 - NKJV
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

Luke 6:27-28 - NIV
“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:35 - NKJV
But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 - NKJV

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Well call me in violation but in Iraq and Afghanistan I think I proved that hugging your enemies does not work. When someone comes into your house to murder you and your family....give them a hug and see if it works.... Pray for them. Of course sola scriptura, maybe you do not care...because according to the scriptures Christ said to love your enemies but also said unless you hate your father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, you cannot be His disciple. You have to know the history behind the scriptures to understand the scriptures. The scriptures were written 2000 years ago in a culture that would be foreign to us, under a very specific set of circumstances. You need to know those circumstances because you cannot read the Bible like it is the latest edition of the local Sunday paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.