Is it ok for a Christian to kill people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

I'm not going to re-read the entire thread for you. If you are interested you will do it yourself.

-- That's why your words ring hollow. I HAVE gone through this entire thread and there is NO ONE here "defending killing innocent people to save their own hides." No one.
You made the claim and then refuse to support it. Telling....very telling.

If you support the military you are supporting killing innocent people to save your own neck.

-- I think that statement speaks volumes about you. We're just going to let that stand for all to see.

But you have chosen to try to deflect from the fact that this thread is specifically about Christians. Again, understandable as to why you had to do that.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- That's why your words ring hollow. I HAVE gone through this entire thread and there is NO ONE here "defending killing innocent people to save their own hides." No one.
You made the claim and then refuse to support it. Telling....very telling.
Very lame. Anyone who supports the military fits "defending killing innocent people to save their own hides." Are you really saying that "NO ONE here" supports the military?
-- I think that statement speaks volumes about you. We're just going to let that stand for all to see.
Good, because it's fact.
But you have chosen to try to deflect from the fact that this thread is specifically about Christians. Again, understandable as to why you had to do that.
Don't you mean 'Christians'? Dropping bombs on babies is not MERCY. It is MERCILESS.

James 2:13 (NKJV)
[sup]13 [/sup]For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

Very lame. Anyone who supports the military fits "defending killing innocent people to save their own hides." Are you really saying that "NO ONE here" supports the military?

-- Actually, what is lame is that you label everyone serving in the military as someone who would willfully kill babies in order to save their own lives.
A blanket accusation such as this is below any decent person.

You must be a very gifted man to feel you can stand in judgement of the morals and motivations of the millions of servicemen and women who have been or currently are in the United States Military.

I have little doubt you feel that ability. Again, very telling.

Good, because it's fact.

-- This is the affirmation of your "If you support the military you are supporting killing innocent people to save your own neck" statement.

Not surprising that you made the statement and stand by it. Again, speaks volumes about you.

Obviously you have never served in the military so your ignorance of the character of many who have served in it is understandable.

But I have little doubt you would be more than happy to let the US military defend you if attacked by a foreign country or rescue you if if you were captured and held hostage by a terrorist organization.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- Actually, what is lame is that you label everyone serving in the military as someone who would willfully kill babies in order to save their own lives. A blanket accusation such as this is below any decent person.

You must be a very gifted man to feel you can stand in judgement of the morals and motivations of the millions of servicemen and women who have been or currently are in the United States Military.

I have little doubt you feel that ability. Again, very telling.
You obviously do not know what the military is or does, so I'll tell you, they slaughter civilians when ordered.
-- This is the affirmation of your "If you support the military you are supporting killing innocent people to save your own neck" statement.

Not surprising that you made the statement and stand by it. Again, speaks volumes about you.

Obviously you have never served in the military so your ignorance of the character of many who have served in it is understandable.

But I have little doubt you would be more than happy to let the US military defend you if attacked by a foreign country or rescue you if if you were captured and held hostage by a terrorist organization.
So then, tell us when the military stopped killing civilians. Do you also support the bombs being dropped on Japan?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Absolutely!
So you agree with killing innocent people by the thousands, babies, cripples, elderly, mentally ill, TOTALLY HELPLESS humans. Why then do you suppose that you will receive mercy on Judgment Day?

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
[sup]7 [/sup]Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

You obviously do not know what the military is or does, so I'll tell you, they slaughter civilians when ordered.

-- Having spend 10 years in the military, including military operations in the first Gulf War, I am fairly certain I can say from a position of authority that you are absolutely full of beans.

You forget the Special Forces soldiers whose hiding place in Iraq that was discovered by children. They could have killed them but instead let them run off. They were discovered and captured. According to you they disobeyed orders. Instead, they received commendations for their actions.

Also, in Afghanistan today the rules of engagement are actually costing US soldiers their lives. It has been put in place to minimize civilian casualites as much as possible. Sec. of Def. Gates and Gen. Petraeus have acknowledged that the new guidelines results in increased American casualties, but they feel it is necessary.

Sorry to interject actual facts, but one of us had to.;)

So then, tell us when the military stopped killing civilians. Do you also support the bombs being dropped on Japan?

-- Do you mean the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs that it is estimated likely saved close to a million lives total on all sides compared to those that would have died if a land invasion would have been necessary to end the war?

You do the math and let me know.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

So you agree with killing innocent people by the thousands, babies, cripples, elderly, mentally ill, TOTALLY HELPLESS humans. Why then do you suppose that you will receive mercy on Judgment Day?

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
[sup]7 [/sup]Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Because I know the rest of the story. I also know the context of that one verse you quoted.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- Having spend 10 years in the military, including military operations in the first Gulf War, I am fairly certain I can say from a position of authority that you are absolutely full of beans.
I don't know who you think you are kidding. The military kills innocent people.
You forget the Special Forces soldiers whose hiding place in Iraq that was discovered by children. They could have killed them but instead let them run off. They were discovered and captured. According to you they disobeyed orders. Instead, they received commendations for their actions.

Also, in Afghanistan today the rules of engagement are actually costing US soldiers their lives. It has been put in place to minimize civilian casualites as much as possible. Sec. of Def. Gates and Gen. Petraeus have acknowledged that the new guidelines results in increased American casualties, but they feel it is necessary.

Sorry to interject actual facts, but one of us had to.;)
Are you going on record to say they didn't kill any innocent people?
-- Do you mean the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs that it is estimated likely saved close to a million lives total on all sides compared to those that would have died if a land invasion would have been necessary to end the war?

You do the math and let me know.

Your stats are very selective. How many thousands of innocents did they murder?

Because I know the rest of the story. I also know the context of that one verse you quoted.

Those who kill innocent humans will pay on Judgment Day. Those who support are also guilty.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- Your multiple implications are that that is the stated goal and accepted practice of the military.
You are either ignorant or narrow. Only you know which.

-- Are you going on record that the US Military's practice is to intentionally kill innocent people?

-- Probably every person who didn't leave after they blanketed the city with leaflets warning them to leave or the multiple broadcasts warning them to leave.

Still, saving a million people's lives...

Those who kill innocent humans will pay on Judgment Day. Those who support are also guilty.

-- So will those who bear false witness and stand in judgement of others when they are neither called to or qualified to.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- Your multiple implications are that that is the stated goal and accepted practice of the military.
You are either ignorant or narrow. Only you know which.-- Are you going on record that the US Military's practice is to intentionally kill innocent people?
Whoever uses the weapon commits the crime.
-- Probably every person who didn't leave after they blanketed the city with leaflets warning them to leave or the multiple broadcasts warning them to leave.

Still, saving a million people's lives...

Even if true, they will still be held accountable for knowingly killing innocents. Playing God.
-- So will those who bear false witness and stand in judgement of others when they are neither called to or qualified to.
You mean like denying that military KNOWINGLY kills innocent, helpless humans? They will be held accountable for EVERY person they kill.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Yes, innocent people die in war, innocent babies die by abortion. But death is only a new beginning.

I am not worried, I know the judge.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I think you have made your point, Ducky.

Anyone who joins the military is automatically a baby killer.

Good luck with that.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Yes, innocent people die in war, innocent babies die by abortion. But death is only a new beginning.

I am not worried, I know the judge.

Those who support the slaughter of innocent humans have no reason to expect mercy on Judgment Day. "MANY" who believe in Jesus will be rejected on Judgment Day, forever. That's Mt 7 in case you are wondering.

I think you have made your point, Ducky.

Anyone who joins the military is automatically a baby killer.

Good luck with that.
Not until they commit the act. Are you saying you would refuse to use weapons in the military??? You can't be serious.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Those who support the slaughter of innocent humans have no reason to expect mercy on Judgment Day. "MANY" who believe in Jesus will be rejected on Judgment Day, forever. That's Mt 7 in case you are wondering.

I have read it many times, I'm not worried.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I have read it many times, I'm not worried.

We can be wrong about doctrine and still be saved, but not if we deny mercy to others, INCLUDING OUR ENEMIES.

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
[sup]27 [/sup]"But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HATE YOU,

Please explain how killing people is doing good to them.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

We can be wrong about doctrine and still be saved, but not if we deny mercy to others, INCLUDING OUR ENEMIES.

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
[sup]27 [/sup]"But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HATE YOU,

Please explain how killing people is doing good to them.

Is death the end? No, it's not, it's a new beginning.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

Not until they commit the act. Are you saying you would refuse to use weapons in the military??? You can't be serious.

-- No, I hear you. Every time a soldier uses his weapon in the military, he is "killing the innocent, including babies."

You made your point. I can't argue with someone who isn't interested in the truth so, as I said, good luck to you.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- No, I hear you. Every time a soldier uses his weapon in the military, he is "killing the innocent, including babies."

You made your point. I can't argue with someone who isn't interested in the truth so, as I said, good luck to you.
Killing enemies is NOT doing good to them, as Jesus commanded. And then it gets worse, killing the helpless.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I hear ya. According to you, every soldier that fires a weapon is killing an innocent person.

For the third time, good luck with that.