Is it ok for christian to vote for Obama?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
The answer is yes of course. I could explain to you but i think this man does it the best.His name is bloggerific on a blog site.------------------------------Why does everyone think that if you support Obama, you are automatically not a Christian? I am 100 percent Christian, and a youth leader at a local church, but I will most likely vote Obama in the election. Here is why:Even though I am against gay marriage personally, and belive that it is a sin to be gay, who am I to discriminate against a group of people? Is the Christian thing to do vote to put an ammedment in the Constitution that discriminates against a group of people?Same thing with abortion. If you would look closely at what Obama has said about abortion instead of reading spam e-mails (I get them from people in my church all of the time!!) you would see that he believes that there should be more education about the negative emotional aspects of abortions. Then give incentives to have the baby and give it up for adoption. Abortion is already happening in America. It is a disgusting thing, but by legalizing it and mandating education before an abortion can take place, it would probably stop some abortions from happening.These are just two topics that most Christians use to say McCain is the "Church" pick for president. I have had people tell me that you can't vote democratic and be a Christian. I say if we truly want America to be the "land of the free" we must begin to see other peoples viewpoints, and realize that unfortunately not everyone in America is a Christian.I do not agree with Satan Worshippers, but believe if we truly want a "free" America, they should be able to practice their belifs freely, regardless of my belief.PS. Obama is NOT a muslim!! If his name was George Lincoln there wouldn't be any talk about it! Unfortunately for him, his name rhymes with Osama, and close minded people automatically think he is the Anti Christ!(Many people have told me they believe he is!)-------------------------------------I agree with this man 100%. As a Christian I do admire McCain but I have agreed more with Obama's. Plus I am upset with McCain's mud slinging campaign, which I find very unchristian.Obama doesn't kill babies. Mothers that make the choice do.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Nope, in my book.Even if I am against homosexuality, which I do. If a vote for Obama who votes for gay rights, abortion, etc s/he go join with the enemy and against God, regardless of your belief.James 4:4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
I do not agree with homosexuality. However I do believe it is still wrong to take away their rights. We should not judge them. That is God's duty to do so.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;61681)
I do not agree with homosexuality. However I do believe it is still wrong to take away their rights. We should not judge them. That is God's duty to do so.
Not judging, who said that we should partake in the deceitfulness of men? Should be partake darkness over light?Quite frankly, I am not everybody. I am only a single person.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Byron-AW;61677)
His name is bloggerific on a blog site.------------------------------Even though I am against gay marriage personally, and belive that it is a sin to be gay, who am I to discriminate against a group of people? Is the Christian thing to do vote to put an ammedment in the Constitution that discriminates against a group of people?
Jesus might vote for Obama if he were a drooling idiot ala Mr. Bloggerific. Obama wants the government to promote a destructive and perverted lifestyle at the expense of our right to be free to choose what we ourselves express or support as moral and appropriate behavior. Also, everyone supports discrimination. Mr. Bloggerific, who is no doubt a closet sodomite, would not post that he opposes discrimination against child molesters or white supremacists.Another error in Bloggerific's reasoning, a vote for McCain is also a vote for homosexual moral legitimacy and a decline in our freedom. That's why I'm not voting for McCain, either.
I say if we truly want America to be the "land of the free" we must begin to see other peoples viewpoints, and realize that unfortunately not everyone in America is a Christian.
If this were the land of the free, you would understand what "Freedom" is. It is not taking away my freedom. Orwell as rewritten the dictionary. Bloggerific is a satan worshiper or just really, really stupid.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Byron-AW;61677)
His name is bloggerific on a blog site.....
Please do not bring discussions from other site to this board. People don't know what you are talking about and it brings confusion.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Follower;61758)
Jesus might vote for Obama if he were a drooling idiot ala Mr. Bloggerific. Obama wants the government to promote a destructive and perverted lifestyle at the expense of our right to be free to choose what we ourselves express or support as moral and appropriate behavior. Also, everyone supports discrimination. Mr. Bloggerific, who is no doubt a closet sodomite, would not post that he opposes discrimination against child molesters or white supremacists.Another error in Bloggerific's reasoning, a vote for McCain is also a vote for homosexual moral legitimacy and a decline in our freedom. That's why I'm not voting for McCain, either.If this were the land of the free, you would understand what "Freedom" is. It is not taking away my freedom. Orwell as rewritten the dictionary. Bloggerific is a satan worshiper or just really, really stupid.
Follower you are obviously one of the most ignorant people I have met on this board. Your accusations make no sense. Matter a fact it seems as though you are pulling them out of your rear end. To say that bloggerific is a "satan worshipper" is completely out of line. Just because people have to be open-minded doesn't mean you have to accuse them of all of these false meanings.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I do not know Mr Bloggerific so have nothing to say and Im not usually on Followers side of much of anything these days and although I dont agree with Followers language or all of his conclusions. I do agree with the spirit of Followers postThat is the problem with the World these days You can not have it both ways there is Gods Way and Mans Way Gods word on abortion and Homosexuality is not grey. Its not well we should not judge, we are not told to be understanding and weak about it.It is an abomination to God Period. Abortion is Murder and the Lord they God says thou shall not kill. We are not to judge the people who perform these acts but we are supposed to condem the Acts and not support them. Period Black and White.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61845)
Well I do not know Mr Bloggerific so have nothing to say and Im not usually on Followers side of much of anything these days and although I dont agree with Followers language or all of his conclusions. I do agree with the spirit of Followers postThat is the problem with the World these days You can not have it both ways there is Gods Way and Mans Way Gods word on abortion and Homosexuality is not grey. Its not well we should not judge, we are not told to be understanding and weak about it.It is an abomination to God Period. Abortion is Murder and the Lord they God says thou shall not kill. We are not to judge the people who perform these acts but we are supposed to condem the Acts and not support them. Period Black and White.
Amen!

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Christina;61845)
The bible is not all black and white.:naughty:Maybe you should take a literature standpoint to understand it better.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;61881)
(Christina;61845)
The bible is not all black and white.:naughty:Maybe you should take a literature standpoint to understand it better.God wrote the bible and we listen to Him. God told us everything in the bible. (Mark 13:23)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Byron-AW;61881)
The bible is not all black and white.:naughty:Maybe you should take a literature standpoint to understand it better.
Did I say the Bible was all black and White I said Abortion and Sodomy are black and white maybe you should read up on these things Thou shall not kill, Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination seems pretty black and white to me

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;61882)
God wrote the bible and we listen to Him. God told us everything in the bible. (Mark 13:23)
Yes he did. However God expects us to use our minds when we read the bible. The bible must be read through a standpoint of literal, analogical, anagogical and metaphorical in order to understand its full meaning. You seem to be stuck in the literal meaning.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;61884)
(Jordan;61882)
God wrote the bible and we listen to Him. God told us everything in the bible. (Mark 13:23)
Yes he did. However God expects us to use our minds when we read the bible. The bible must be read through a standpoint of literal, analogical, anagogical and metaphorical in order to understand its full meaning. You seem to be stuck in the literal meaning.XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! Pa-lease, you think I only take the bible on a surface of the text? You have no idea where I stand on. XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;61885)
XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! Pa-lease, you think I only take the bible on a surface of the text? You have no idea where I stand on. XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sorry I must have misunderstood your statement, when you said "God wrote the bible and we listen to Him. God told us everything in the bible." To me it meant you said we should read by pure text. Also to add on the fact you disagreed with me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;61886)
(Jordan;61885)
XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! Pa-lease, you think I only take the bible on a surface of the text? You have no idea where I stand on. XDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sorry I must have misunderstood your statement, when you said "God wrote the bible and we listen to Him. God told us everything in the bible." To me it meant you said we should read by pure text. Also to add on the fact you disagreed with me.And I do disagree. The ten commandments is black and white.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Christina;61883)
Did I say the Bible was all black and White I said Abortion and Sodomy are black and white maybe you should read up on these things Thou shall not kill, Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination seems pretty black and white to me
My apologies. I misunderstood. However we are offtracking the topic here. As I said, if people choose to murder, it is there decision. Outlawing is going to be hard with DEMOCRATIC congress. Besides I agree on more issues with Obama than McCain. Besides Obama wants to educate the negatives of abortion and trying to stop it that way. I think he is against abortion all together. However he has to work with the rest of his party in which alot of people are very liberal.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;61889)
(Christina;61883)
My apologies. I misunderstood. However we are offtracking the topic here. As I said, if people choose to murder, it is there decision. Outlawing is going to be hard with DEMOCRATIC congress. Besides I agree on more issues with Obama than McCain. Besides Obama wants to educate the negatives of abortion and trying to stop it that way. I think he is against abortion all together. However he has to work with the rest of his party in which alot of people are very liberal.He actually hates God. He voted for abortion.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You can vote however you like but you are deluding yourself Obama is the Most liberal senator in the Senate He is in their pocket he not only believes in abortion he actually voted to allow the killing babies that survived abortions. He voted to teach sex education including same sex to 7 year olds. This is his record and the left with Obama Nancy Peloski and Harry Reed intend to turn this country in Sodom and Gomorrah all with good intentions

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;61892)
He actually hates God. He voted for abortion.
And what about a Christian who masturbated? Does that mean he hates God?Why not outlaw it?Lets say we file a bill to outlaw?Of course this would be be a very silly law and a waste of tax money that could go and help the poor.Say a Christian congressman votes against it?Masturbation is a huge sin.Does the Christian congressman hate God because he voted against the bill?