Is it okay to eat pork?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not under the OT, Jesus was clear when He taught ALL things were new in Him.
Christians have bacon-View attachment 38649
Your tag line says "He's coming soon" - yes, and Isaiah 66 says when He comes, He's going to burn up bacon eaters.

Didja miss that verse in Isaiah 66? It's about the Second Coming. It says at the Second Coming, Jesus is gonna burn up pork eaters, nature worshiping pagans like Wiccans who get naked and dance around and then have orgies under the tree limbs, mouse eaters, etc.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not under the law, did you miss that the Savior was born, lived and died to free us from the law? That was 2,000 years ago.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul did NOT go against God's health law written in Deuteronomy 14.

Paul did not say eating from the unhealthy list of meats was now miraculously clean. He taught that we are not to judge... based on what meat one eats, but he never said that somehow now unhealthy meats are now clean for our body. That's the difference. The proof of that is how many are sick from living on unhealthy foods.

So if you like dem' arteries good and clogged up, keep eating scavenger meats which God created to cleanse the earth, and that process poisons which stay in the meat and fat. With some, it takes longer for their arteries to get clogged, with others not as long, leading to heart bypass surgery.

In 1 Corinthians 10:25, Paul said whatever is sold in the shambles (market), that eat. The idea is to eat to live.

Will our flesh be healthy by eating pork and shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, squid, gator, catfish, ie. scavengers)? NO! And that's what God's healthy meat list He gave is about.

If you want your flesh body to be healthier by eating clean meats, that means meats that God "created to be received". Even as Christians we should never get away from that fact.

Furthermore, the Colossians 2:14 Scripture about Jesus having blotted out the handwriting of ordinances of God's law on His cross, those 'ordinances' DO NOT MEAN ALL OF GOD'S LAWS. Those ordinances specifically apply to the blood and ritualistic ordinances. If it meant all of God's law was nailed to Christ's cross, then it would now be legal to steal, lie, murder, rape, etc., you see what I mean? So do not listen to the 'lawless', because that is how Satan and his children operate.

(And NO, I am not Jewish).
Very good Davy.

• Wow
Reactions: Shittim

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A couple of points. First, you will find no reference in scripture describing, pinpointing, listing, or mentioning unclean foods. Not one mention, anywhere. If God counseled anyone at all, even Noah, that certain animals were unclean, God was not saying they were food. In fact the opposite. God was saying, this is not food because it will kill you. Don't eat. This is the Manufacturers instructions. It isn't ritual or ceremonial. It has everything to do with health and your willingness to obey.
We live in an age where Michelin star chefs are cooking on live TV, anything and everything that happens to taste good, and rewarding competitors for the most outlandish cooking methods and crazy menu items and their skill in putting it together. Some of the time those poisonous items aren't cooked at all. People are committing slow suicide by eating raw shellfish, designed by God to extract poisons from the oceans, such as arsenic and mercury. Have you not every noticed that certain sea waters are closed because of toxicity levels reaching dangerous levels in the shellfish? All that means is the danger levels are so high you die maybe next week. Lower levels you die maybe earlier than you should.
@Davy, as Phoneman said, any sin you refuse to repent of once informed of its true biblical meaning, whatever transgression that may be, is unpardonable. It is a sin against the holy Spirit because you have heard the voice of conviction in your heart, but have spurned it as legalistic, irrelevant, unreasonable, unfair, uncomfortable, unwarranted, or too hard. You are effectually telling God He's wrong.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isaiah 66:15-17 KJV:

[15] For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

[16] For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

Pork fat burns hot and with a horrible stench. What a spectacle it will be when Jesus comes and burns it - and the people who eat it - up.
Well you can take the OT version but I will take the NT way as in Peters dream/vision.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are not under the law, did you miss that the Savior was born, lived and died to free us from the law? That was 2,000 years ago.
You are free to have sexual relations with someone other than your wife/husband because you are "free from the law"?
You are free now to worship a log of wood in the forest because that was an OT law which now doesn't exist for Christians?

Does that apply to all the Ten Commandments, and all the health laws, and all the laws concerning incest, and slavery, and restoring what you damage of your neighbours property and/or belongings... All now irrelevant because you've been forgiven of doing those things in the past? How does that make any sense? The Father sent His only begotten Son to die and suffer in your place because of your sin, and now says it's okay to continue doing those things which before Jesus had to die for?

Reactions: Davy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well you can take the OT version but I will take the NT way as in Peters dream/vision.
Isaiah is talking about a NT event. Peter did not, on account of that vision, pop down to the local Macca's and buy a hamburger and shout his mates a feed of scallops. Peter later explained precisely what the vision meant... That he ought not call people unclean... As they were candidates for the gospel every bit as much as the Jews. Which incidentally is why you are now a Christian.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold on now...who said anything about legalism? Of course, keeping the law doesn't save you. Keeping the law PROVES you've been saved.

That's why Isaiah says Jesus is going to destroy impenitent pork eaters...because after He sent them the truth about it, they showed themselves unsaved by refusing to repent like saved people always do when God shows them that they're doing things that displease Him.

"...because we keep His commandments AND DO THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT".
When you say one is going to hell for eating pork, that IS... supporting justification by law keeping! You are not going to get out of that so easy. And it is gross error to push that and try to join it with Christian Doctrine. Like I showed already, you need to study more of Apostle Paul's Epistles on the matter.

You might even learn from Apostle Paul's lesson that he gave in rebuke to Apostle Peter...

Gal 2:11-21
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, "If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that pork is still not healthy to our flesh body didn't go away, regardless of what one thinks about God's laws.

The list of meats God created 'to be received' involve non-scavenger meats. Animals that God designed to cleanse the earth are scavengers, and specifically designed to process poisons. This is science of God's creation, not simply some religious law.

Yal heard of Mad Cow disease? You know what caused it? It was caused by manufacturers of cattle feed adding processed animal material in with the grain feed. Cattle are not designed to process meat, but only grains. So it made the cattle sick. Men's greed and ignorance of God's creation science caused that.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where you see "Defilement", "Clean", "Unclean", "Cleansing" etc., that is Holiness language. It's about being a people separate from the world unto God. In this case, in their eating. "Ceremonial" doesn't quite capture the meaning.

Jesus is saying that what you eat does not make you unholy as it all ends up in the latrine anyway. (That's what it says in Greek, "ἀφεδρών", a privy or latrine, but most translations of obscure it.) Mark's observation in Mark 7:19 that Jesus is thus overruling the Kosher laws is ... interesting. But Paul seems to confirm in Romans 14 and Galatians 2 that this is not what being a people separate unto God is all about.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where you see "Defilement", "Clean", "Unclean", "Cleansing" etc., that is Holiness language. It's about being a people separate from the world unto God. In this case, in their eating. "Ceremonial" doesn't quite capture the meaning.

Jesus is saying that what you eat does not make you unholy as it all ends up in the latrine anyway. (That's what it says in Greek, "ἀφεδρών", a privy or latrine, but most translations of obscure it.) Mark's observation in Mark 7:19 that Jesus is thus overruling the Kosher laws is ... interesting. But Paul seems to confirm in Romans 14 and Galatians 2 that this is not what being a people separate unto God is all about.
It's still not about that either.

It's about the SCIENCE of God's creation.

And when it's about GOD's SCIENCE, it has nothing to do with "Holiness language". This means there are still laws given by God written in the Old Testament on how best to live. Just so happens some of those are about keeping our flesh bodies healthy, some are about how to treat our neighbor, and thus social science matters, etc. So to try and turn that into a religious argument shows Biblical illiteracy.

Apostle Paul actually included many of those laws in Christian Doctrine per 1 Timothy 1, 1 Corinthians 6, and Galatians 5, when he showed doing certain sins can keep one out of the Kingdom of God.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are free to have sexual relations with someone other than your wife/husband because you are "free from the law"?
You are free now to worship a log of wood in the forest because that was an OT law which now doesn't exist for Christians?

Does that apply to all the Ten Commandments, and all the health laws, and all the laws concerning incest, and slavery, and restoring what you damage of your neighbours property and/or belongings... All now irrelevant because you've been forgiven of doing those things in the past? How does that make any sense? The Father sent His only begotten Son to die and suffer in your place because of your sin, and now says it's okay to continue doing those things which before Jesus had to die for?
Twisting things, neither are we free of murder. We are free of the law and are required to take ALL things to Him for His guidance.
No where in this thread promoting crawling back under the burden of the Law Christ came to free us from is there ANY mention of this.
The posts that promote this are carnal, sense ruled attempts to take His preeminence in all we do out of the equation, adding to what He commands for His Own. We are required to be Spirit ruled, not hold thing this outward form of Godliness.
That second paragraph are evidence of "leaning on ones own understanding" which we are strongly commanded to NOT do.
Anyone posting as "Christian" should know this, if not they're faith is not mature.
The disciples asked Him why He spoke in parables to the masses, He taught it was given to the 12 to learn the secrets of the Kingdom, but for the others not so much. even Judas received all that the rest received, yet he did not wear well to the end and sold Him for thirty pieces of silver. 2,000 years later we still have people who claiming to be "Christian" who are twisting, adding, subtracting from His truth?
May it not be so.
blessings to those who are truly His.

best wishes to the others.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that pork is still not healthy to our flesh body didn't go away, regardless of what one thinks about God's laws.

The list of meats God created 'to be received' involve non-scavenger meats. Animals that God designed to cleanse the earth are scavengers, and specifically designed to process poisons. This is science of God's creation, not simply some religious law.

Yal heard of Mad Cow disease? You know what caused it? It was caused by manufacturers of cattle feed adding processed animal material in with the grain feed. Cattle are not designed to process meat, but only grains. So it made the cattle sick. Men's greed and ignorance of God's creation science caused that.
We are required to be Spiritual Christians, not carnal, it is the adversary who seeks to steal, kill and destroy, all sickness, disease, lack, accidents, etc. are of the adversaries realm, living as the Lord taught brings the opposite, including living in His divine protection, provision, blessing and favor, and is shown in Galatians c5-v22&23.
"Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God, and ALL these things shall be added unto you", nope, no leaning on ones own understanding in this.
I see already there are a few Spiritual Christians here, and many that need to grow.
best wishes

Reactions: Pearl

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twisting things, neither are we free of murder.
Then there are... still laws that are to be enforced per Christian Doctrine, like God's laws against murder, rape, thefts, perjury, etc., things which Apostle Paul covered in 1 Timothy 1, 1 Corinthians 6, and Galatians 5 that he said one who does such things shall NOT enter the Kingdom of God.

So actually then, Brakelite is not twisting things. You are only showing your Bilblical ignorance.

We are free of the law and are required to take ALL things to Him for His guidance.
No, that's is not how Apostle Paul taught about the law.

In Galatians 5 Paul taught that if we 'walk' by The Spirit, only THEN... are we NOT under the law.

Why? Simply because walking by The Holy Spirit means we won't be doing anything that is against God's laws.

Then Paul compared what it means when we instead walk by our 'flesh', which can put us back in danger under the law.

Thus it is just ignorance thinking that in Christ we are free to do whatever we want. So instead of heeding a bunch of country preachers that don't really study their Bible properly, you might want to get your Bible out and read it for yourself instead of just assuming things.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

People who went to hell today, didnt go there because they consumed a pork sandwich for breakfast.
Believe it.

Here is why a person goes to Hell.

John 3:36

Reactions: Pearl

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are required to be Spiritual Christians, not carnal, it is the adversary who seeks to steal, kill and destroy, all sickness, disease, lack, accidents, etc. are of the adversaries realm, living as the Lord taught brings the opposite, including living in His divine protection, provision, blessing and favor, and is shown in Galatians c5-v22&23.
"Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God, and ALL these things shall be added unto you", nope, no leaning on ones own understanding in this.
I see already there are a few Spiritual Christians here, and many that need to grow.
best wishes
(Some are just hard of hearing...)

Gal 5:18-21
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
KJV

You should have read the above verses first, prior... to those Gal.5:22-23 verses. Just the fact that you BYPASSED the above 18-21 verses reveals your character is not trustworthy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These aren't good for you, but the Bible doesn't say anything about them:

View attachment 38658

It's still about SCIENCE of God's creation. Man's overblown love for 'processed' sugar ain't something that God created to be received. Processed sugar is man's doing, and it ain't healthy, and too much of it can cause excess fat of the body. Can we still eat donuts? Sure! But don't expect that it will do the same thing as a balanced meal of beef and vegetables.

What do you think Apostle Paul did after converting to Christ? you think he went hog-wild with eating bacon and country ham, biscuits and gravy, or Krispy Kream donuts every morning? For the purpose of spreading The Gospel among Gentiles, no doubt Paul suffered to eat some unhealthy food the Gentiles served him. But that don't mean Paul would continue to live on unhealthy foods.