Is it right for a Christian to hold a Bible in one hand and a doobie in the other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 4 instances when I think a person shouldn't drink: 1. When they have liver disease. 2. When they are an alcoholic. 3. When they are a Nazarite. 4. When they are driving or operating heavy machinery.
Having a drink or 2 isn't the same thing as going on a bender. In my understanding, scripture makes it clear that one is not to get drunk. How do you know if you have a drinking problem? When you drink, does it cause you problems? If yes, then don't drink. If no, and your drinking isn't going to mess up someone else, then have a drink, if you want.
Alcohol, along with other inert substances is not wicked. However, the human heart is. Shalom!

Much depends on who you are with. Do everything in love. If you are with an alcoholic, or a religious tea-totaler, do not abuse your liberty.

Reactions: Truman

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there's the whole thing with honoring the Government.

I knew a girl who had a big time habit of chewing gum.
But she was going on a mission trip to a country that didn't allow chewing gum. It was illegal.
We all poked fun at her for going. She was going to be in withdrawal and etc.

She got some as soon as she hit the airport on the way home.
But she still respected the foreign government...and for that she had my respect. Even though the situation was laughable and silly...and chewing gum is not a wonderful habit...it still was a great reaction.
Chewing gum against the law?? That's weird.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So our decision as Christians not to smoke pot can be religious, it can be common sense, it can be the legality.
Did I miss someone's information and or experience with CBD?
CBD vs smoking pot?
More thoughts?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So our decision as Christians not to smoke pot can be religious, it can be common sense, it can be the legality.
Did I miss someone's information and or experience with CBD?
CBD vs smoking pot?
More thoughts?

For anything that is usually taken as a medical remedy it goes through the FDA after the NIH conducts clinical trials for efficacy.

None of the effects for CBD have been through clinical trials.
All evidence is purely anecdotal.

And completely outside the normal parameters of how our Government should work.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For anything that is usually taken as a medical remedy it goes through the FDA after the NIH conducts clinical trials for efficacy.

None of the effects for CBD have been through clinical trials.
All evidence is purely anecdotal.

And completely outside the normal parameters of how our Government should work.
Same thing with pot lol
I am just looking for information that people have had using it for various things.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The is a study on CBD from Harvard. Can anyone tell me if it is accurate?

Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t - Harvard Health Blog

It's mostly conjecture.
There's so little science done on this stuff that nobody actually knows much of anything.

The thing with seizures is such a small group...and they are not sure why it helps...but it's far from a "magic bullet".

Most people with epilepsy will be killed by using this stuff much like a cousin of mine was. He had epilepsy, he was warned, but he did it anyway and he died.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have turned away from God. They don't have an anchor for their souls. They need Jesus!

Instead of promoting pot, we need to be telling people about Jesus. And instead of devouring each other on Christian forums, we need to be encouraging one another and praying for one another!!!
SOUND IT OUT SISTER . SOUND IT OUT . THIS IS TRUTH

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our local Prosecutor owns a used gun shop. How convenient is that? Government is as bad or worse than those in prison. And they have access to FORTUNES of hard earned taxpayer money. Pelosi is worth over $100 million, not counting her stash.
Read your saying . Belief in hell is not required for anyones stay there . FACT . you are RIGHT .
But belief IN JESUS is REQUIRED for SALVATION .
Most folks whether they claim JESUS or NOT , no longer beleive in a lake of fire . YET , it shows they do not really TRUST IN JESUS .
And even HE said , WHOEVER adds to or takes from this book .......................OOPS . OH YES hell is real .
And though most folks no longer beleive n it , THEY will find out too little to late , OH ITS REAL .
CAUSE had we really LOVED JESUS , we would have BELEIVED EVERY SINGLE WORD HE SAID .

Reactions: kcnalp

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok guys and gals here is your step stool to get down off your high horse.
I got some extra polish for your halos.
Besides not to many here promoting pot.
It is a discussion between Christians that needs to happen.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, preach it brother! I mean, aren't Christians on this earth to preach the gospel of hallucinogenic drug legalization?

Are we restricted to talking about Christianity only?
Maybe if we Christians were out there preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ--the gospel of
HOPE--people wouldn't feel the need to mess up their minds with hallucinogens. As Christians, we are given sound minds, not doped-up minds! We are told to be sober and alert, not inebriated!

Big problem! Many churches and many different "gospels".
How about saving men's souls so that they don't end up in hell? Now, this is sobering.

Guess you're not familiar with my posts here.
Please find it in your hearts to forgive this boisterous woman. After all, I should know my place and not debate like a man........ :)
?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This seems to be a legitimate question. I run into it more and more and I think it is one of many topics that fuels hatred because those that indulge in recreational pharmaceuticals are tired of being looked down at. They want society to accept them as drug abusers, as a norm. And of course this goes on into other pervasive beliefs and activities.

They should make bibles out of hemp? Is that what you're asking?