Is it time for Christians to become more accepting towards muslims in politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A: Why? Obama isn’t President anymore. Trump is: Tracking Trump's Conflicts of Interest

B: “The other kid did it, too” is not an excuse I would let my 8-year-old get away with.

Please don’t drag me into your polarized world of liberal vs. conservative. If you guys in the US don’t watch it you’ll have a civil war at your hands, soon.

I’m not a liberal in the US-American sense of the word. I’m simply a Christian. So if you ask me about the ideal way to organize a community, I’ll point you to Acts 4:32-35: social security for all. Reading on you’ll find that God was rather harsh on Christians who wanted to keep their money for themselves. (Acts 5:1-10). A righteous nation will provide social security (Isaiah 58), and God’s judgement on societies that did not look after their poor was harsh as well (Ezekiel 16:49-50). As for healthcare: Nobody with even just a tiny bit of Christian compassion left in them would let a person suffer and die just because that person is too poor to afford healthcare. If you would, you may regret it on judgement day: Matthew 25:31-46.

Unfortunately, it seems that many US-American Christians don’t get their political views from the Bible and living faith in Christ but from Ayn Rand and the predator capitalism she inspired. Granted, most modern day Christians don’t live up to the ideal described in Acts 4:32-35 and would view giving up all personal belongings as extreme. I, too, am lukewarm enough to still have a private bank account. But there’s a difference between being lukewarm and actively promoting a compassionless elbow-society that’s based on selfishness and the worship of mammon.
First of all, I don't live in the states anymore and know about "free" healthcare from first hand experience. Many die with it. Man's good feelings do not produce anything good.

As far as Acts 4:32, this doesn't work anymore. Do you remember communes back in the 60's. They didn't work. Do you know why?

And I NEVER said the poor should not be helped. Just not by the govt.
The govt only helps itself and distrubutes some crumbs just to look good.

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A: Why? Obama isn’t President anymore. Trump is: Tracking Trump's Conflicts of Interest

B: “The other kid did it, too” is not an excuse I would let my 8-year-old get away with.

Please don’t drag me into your polarized world of liberal vs. conservative. If you guys in the US don’t watch it you’ll have a civil war at your hands, soon.

I’m not a liberal in the US-American sense of the word. I’m simply a Christian. So if you ask me about the ideal way to organize a community, I’ll point you to Acts 4:32-35: social security for all. Reading on you’ll find that God was rather harsh on Christians who wanted to keep their money for themselves. (Acts 5:1-10). A righteous nation will provide social security (Isaiah 58), and God’s judgement on societies that did not look after their poor was harsh as well (Ezekiel 16:49-50). As for healthcare: Nobody with even just a tiny bit of Christian compassion left in them would let a person suffer and die just because that person is too poor to afford healthcare. If you would, you may regret it on judgement day: Matthew 25:31-46.

Unfortunately, it seems that many US-American Christians don’t get their political views from the Bible and living faith in Christ but from Ayn Rand and the predator capitalism she inspired. Granted, most modern day Christians don’t live up to the ideal described in Acts 4:32-35 and would view giving up all personal belongings as extreme. I, too, am lukewarm enough to still have a private bank account. But there’s a difference between being lukewarm and actively promoting a compassionless elbow-society that’s based on selfishness and the worship of mammon.
********** well said ! *********

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is not true. You are not simply a Christian. You have extremely liberal views. So, of course you don't want to be 'dragged' into liberal vs conservative, because you want to be free to propagate your liberal views with no account. 'I am just simply christian'. So sickening. Pseudo spiritual. Facade.

Stranger

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true. You are not simply a Christian. You have extremely liberal views. So, of course you don't want to be 'dragged' into liberal vs conservative, because you want to be free to propagate your liberal views with no account. 'I am just simply christian'. So sickening. Pseudo spiritual. Facade.

Stranger
****Food 4 thought ! I really don't even understand what LIB/CONS is.Think I got a handle on right&wrong tho !

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
****Food 4 thought ! I really don't even understand what LIB/CONS is.Think I got a handle on right&wrong tho !

Is that food for your thought? Are you saying having a handle on right and wrong means you don't need to know about liberal and conservative Chrstianity?

Stranger

Reactions: pastor marty

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@junobet
hmmm it is quacks like a ____ , talks like a liberal... saying that it isn't a liberal .....fools no one!!!:rolleyes:

Reactions: pia

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that food for your thought? Are you saying having a handle on right and wrong means you don't need to know about liberal and conservative Chrstianity?

Stranger
Not at all;Sir;I never use subterfuge (think Dr.Suess)I say what I mean * I mean what I say;an Elephants faithfull 100% Your comment made me think abt. my own Christianity,and what I mean is simply that I don't understand what the labels conservative/liberal really refer to.Far right/far left/far out ..Thought they were terms politicians used in lieu of muttonhead or moron. Now ya got me thinkin.I'm gonna look them up///Thanks ! <m>

Reactions: amadeus and pia

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, there are two different types of Christianity?
Liberal and conservative Christianity.
I never knew that, I guess I've only been exposed to one Christianity, the Biblical Chistianity.
That's good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all;Sir;I never use subterfuge (think Dr.Suess)I say what I mean * I mean what I say;an Elephants faithfull 100% Your comment made me think abt. my own Christianity,and what I mean is simply that I don't understand what the labels conservative/liberal really refer to.Far right/far left/far out ..Thought they were terms politicians used in lieu of muttonhead or moron. Now ya got me thinkin.I'm gonna look them up///Thanks ! <m>

You're quite welcome.

They are important terms in Christianity.

Stranger

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, I don't live in the states anymore and know about "free" healthcare from first hand experience. Many die with it. Man's good feelings do not produce anything good.

As far as Acts 4:32, this doesn't work anymore. Do you remember communes back in the 60's. They didn't work. Do you know why?

And I NEVER said the poor should not be helped. Just not by the govt.
The govt only helps itself and distrubutes some crumbs just to look good.
*****Of the people/by the people/for the people*****The govt is supposed 2 serve the public/todays poor paid their salarys B4 they became poor.They can spend $1 mil. on a bunker-buster bomb but not feed/vaccinate kids ?(just not by the govt) U said. Who should help them'Gracie ? The working poor?The "my good job got sent 2 Argentina & now I work 4 McDonalds'" folk ? Lets burden the Churches w/yet another charity while Washington votes 2 raise their salarys 20% ea. year.I'd have 2 get at least a quarter mil. in health care B4 it was free! I pd. in advance.it's called TAXES ! Just thinkaboudit please !! <m>

Reactions: pia

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never knew that, I guess I've only been exposed to one Christianity, the Biblical Chistianity.
******Beats me,pal,hope it don't get 2 the Shiite/Sunni split & we start beheading each other..<m>

Reactions: pia and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
*****Of the people/by the people/for the people*****The govt is supposed 2 serve the public/todays poor paid their salarys B4 they became poor.They can spend $1 mil. on a bunker-buster bomb but not feed/vaccinate kids ?(just not by the govt) U said. Who should help them'Gracie ? The working poor?The "my good job got sent 2 Argentina & now I work 4 McDonalds'" folk ? Lets burden the Churches w/yet another charity while Washington votes 2 raise their salarys 20% ea. year.I'd have 2 get at least a quarter mil. in health care B4 it was free! I pd. in advance.it's called TAXES ! Just thinkaboudit please !! <m>
I've lost touch with over there. I'm sorry about this too. I never thought I would. Just watching or reading the news is not enough.

I like church missionaries. The Catholic church does a lot. Even on a local level. We donate clothes and then people who need them come and get them on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in the basement of a bldg the church owns. It's set up nicely too. By size and type of garment.

Food is given to people who might be hungry. Sometimes even money to help pay for electricity, etc. It works here in Italy. The govt wastes a lot of money. They keep a good chunk of it for administrative purposes.

So. Yeah. It should be up to the church, but it takes money and work.

I don't know what you're saying about the work situation. I know it's not as good as it used to be. It's a mess here too. I think they want us po' Christ man. Easier to manage us that way.

I admire what you do.

P.S. I didn't mean missionaries. Missions or Charities is what I meant...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And, my opinion is , if you hold to the Biblical Christianity then you hold to the conservative view of Christianity. But then, liberals or moderates will disagree and say they hold to the Biblical Christianity.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Pastor Marty gave you a like.
The problem is that there ARE liberal Christians.
Who are they?
Those that believe abortion is OK in many cases.
Those that believe SS marriage is OK.

It's the same as in the secular world.
Honestly, I don't really know how anyone could be a liberal AND be a Christian.

In the old days, maybe in the 50's and before, it meant a type of govt that believed in equality for all. It's different today. There are lines drawn...important beliefs one has to agree with.

I'll bet you just never thought of this or have been exposed to it.
It was pretty shocking to me when I learned of it...

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've lost touch with over there. I'm sorry about this too. I never thought I would. Just watching or reading the news is not enough.

I like church missionaries. The Catholic church does a lot. Even on a local level. We donate clothes and then people who need them come and get them on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in the basement of a bldg the church owns. It's set up nicely too. By size and type of garment.

Food is given to people who might be hungry. Sometimes even money to help pay for electricity, etc. It works here in Italy. The govt wastes a lot of money. They keep a good chunk of it for administrative purposes.

So. Yeah. It should be up to the church, but it takes money and work.

I don't know what you're saying about the work situation. I know it's not as good as it used to be. It's a mess here too. I think they want us po' Christ man. Easier to manage us that way.

I admire what you do.

P.S. I didn't mean missionaries. Missions or Charities is what I meant...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was certainly not part of right wing or left wing Christianity. Men brought it upon themselves in secular politics and also in Christendom. It ought not to so, but it is. Being like Jesus is where we need to be heading. Walking down the middle of His road is where we need to be; Those who move to much to the right side or the left side of the road are perhaps in danger of falling off into a bottomless pit.

But, we may meet people on this forum and elsewhere that are deeply entrenched in a more political spirit while speaking strongly of themselves as Christians. God knows!

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darn it;miskeyed again/Oh well/Gracie yer missin the point ! It is the govts. only job 2 look after it's people..Just what do U think their constitutional function is ?2 look good 4 foreign beggars/ambassadors who want cash or they're gonna turn commie ? Ya shoulda paid more attn. in civics class & less 2 that quarterback !! Rapunzel ! Rapunzel;ya gotta get outa that tower more often ! Don't pout ! Grampa still luvz U ! <m>

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But then, liberals or moderates will disagree and say they hold to the Biblical Christianity.
Well, they can say that but when liberals agree with same sex marriages, abortion, etc they will have a hard time convincing people that they are holding onto biblical Christianity.......