Is it time for Christians to become more accepting towards muslims in politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pastor Marty gave you a like.
The problem is that there ARE liberal Christians.
Who are they?
Those that believe abortion is OK in many cases.
Those that believe SS marriage is OK.

It's the same as in the secular world.
Honestly, I don't really know how anyone could be a liberal AND be a Christian.

In the old days, maybe in the 50's and before, it meant a type of govt that believed in equality for all. It's different today. There are lines drawn...important beliefs one has to agree with. ****Abortion/Euthanasia****I'm on crack/got aids/ultrasound shows the fetus's got no appendages/ & life expectancy is 5 yrs. tops after multiple agonizing surjuries ? YES (I make exceptions)(GOD forgives)Now then;;same sex legal partners ? why not/they are gonna do it anyway/so OK/marriage inna Church/ Biblical sense/NO ! NO! NO! I don't bash fags/don't puke on my faith !! <m>

I'll bet you just never thought of this or have been exposed to it.
It was pretty shocking to me when I learned of it...

Reactions: Triumph1300

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they can say that but when liberals agree with same sex marriages, abortion, etc they will have a hard time convincing people that they are holding onto biblical Christianity.......

I agree. And that is the key...a Biblical Christianity. They, the liberal christianity, will center on the goodness of man and the love of Jesus. And at times it goes to the degree that the Jesus they depict is foreign to the Christ of the Bible.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was certainly not part of right wing or left wing Christianity. Men brought it upon themselves in secular politics and also in Christendom. It ought not to so, but it is. Being like Jesus is where we need to be heading. Walking down the middle of His road is where we need to be; Those who move to much to the right side or the left side of the road are perhaps in danger of falling off into a bottomless pit.

But, we may meet people on this forum and elsewhere that are deeply entrenched in a more political spirit while speaking strongly of themselves as Christians. God knows!

Of course we want to be more like Christ. I'm not sure the middle of the road is the place I want to be. (Rev. 3:14-16)

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, they can say that but when liberals agree with same sex marriages, abortion, etc they will have a hard time convincing people that they are holding onto biblical Christianity.......
Yes Triumph,
But you'll be told that Jesus is Love.
God is a God of love. He loves everyone.
He forgives everyone. And although this is true, it becomes misused.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes Triumph,
But you'll be told that Jesus is Love.
God is a God of love. He loves everyone.
He forgives everyone. And although this is true, it becomes misused.
yes, but God will not be mocked, right. Misuse it all you like; it is that one that will pay i guess

but of course if one is still using dividing words like "conservative" etc then that lesson is way down the road anyway

Reactions: pastor marty

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Metaphors aside, Liberal Christians believe they have moral superiority due to their support of social programs. They assume that the government will give more to the needy than those who give of their free will. Such assumptions reveal their low opinion for their fellow man, and gullibility to trust the government.

I also have a low opinion of people in general, when it comes to money you can't trust anyone. But I also have a low opinion of Government, recognizing its corruption and inefficiency.

I like to believe I'm cognizant of when I'm being manipulated, and resisting it is an automatic response. Perhaps this is why I'm more conservative, because more are on the left telling me what to think.

Reactions: Triumph1300

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course we want to be more like Christ. I'm not sure the middle of the road is the place I want to be.
yes, Christ surely meant "leave the world, except politics, get all the way up in that" lol. That would be a vast improvement over the ditch you were in, imo, even if i see you changing here

Shame on you, for twisting analogies to your purpose, too, that's pretty sketchy, Stranger.
You want to accuse brothers of being lukewarm, i got some recent "Who cares?" quotes you could try to look at dispassionately, lol.
You would condemn Paul for being all things to all people here in a hurry, i guess

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
yes, but God will not be mocked, right. Misuse it all you like; it is that one that will pay i guess

but of course if one is still using dividing words like "conservative" etc then that lesson is way down the road anyway
Conservative is a dividing word?
How would I describe myself to you in 5 minutes.
With words.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we want to be more like Christ. I'm not sure the middle of the road is the place I want to be. (Rev. 3:14-16)

Stranger
Of course I said the "middle of His road" while your reference in Revelation speaks of the whole spectrum of works that people do. Those who are cold or lukewarm would not I believe be on His road at all although the lukewarm ones might think that they were...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"ahem" lol
How would I describe myself to you in 5 minutes.
With words.
probably by employing the Hegelian Dialectic without realizing it, like pretty much everyone, i guess. But i am guessing, too, dunno iow

see, "Italian" has no opposing counterpart, neither does "female," etc.
they do not divide, iow.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
@junobet
hmmm it is quacks like a ____ , talks like a liberal... saying that it isn't a liberal .....fools no one!!!:rolleyes:
Really? Well, funnily enough it seems to me that here are topics in which I’m far more ‘conservative’ than you are. For example I have rather strong views on divorce and unrepentant adulterers. Wanna open a thread on that?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i would argue that it is, yes. How would someone who IDs as a Connie countenance someone who IDs as a Liberal? voila
All words are dividing then.
I'm Christian-.
You're not.
I'm white.
You're not.
I'm old.
You're not.
I'm American.
You're not.

should I continue?