Is it true that the people have destiny? yes and that is to be a servant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
let's just face it we all know we have different understanding that's why there are a lot of differences even though there is only one word of God

part2 have no subtitle so..i removed it
let's not force each other which is true which are not true who are right and who are wrong

but i believe this is right ↑
the preacher is long dead but before he died he said his work are enough
enough to guide

if you watch you will know i am not asking any question but sharing the word

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dev553344

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let's just face it we all know we have different understanding that's why there are a lot of differences even though there is only one word of God

let's not force each other which is true which are not true who are right and who are wrong

enough to guide

If you want to consider it as such Stred Heb 9:27. I will answer this no, because saying one has a destiny, is like saying that is foreordained, and they have no choice in the matter. One could go as far as to blaming God for the outcome, as being His will for an individual. I cannot see that as Justice, can you?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

do you have a choice?

Your question was Is it true that people have a destiny? I answered no, and as you pointed out, yes you do have a choice, therefore God does not cause or prevent you from serving Him, it is your choice. Deut 30:19,20

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Your question
it's clear like the sunny sky that it's not a question i am asking because based on the post i did ask but i also answered so i am clearly not asking any question from 1st post on this thread
and if you read between the lines it's clear you do not have a choice even if it says choose of course you will choose life because there is no other choice hay nako

okay i am not asking a question when i created this thread
and okay that is what i understand and that is your understanding okay it's okay let's not fight or force each other
no. John 6:44.
is death a choice? who wants to die? no one

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

enough to guide

Hello Sterda,

That video I did not watch. Would you consider us to have some type of destiny while living on this earth? What is your philosophy on that if it is okay for me to ask you?

You know for me in my understanding my desire is for God to use me somehow to be a benefit to others while living this life, and to be used for his purposes is far exceeding that of my own will, and trying to abide in Christ and serve Gods will overall. Though it is sometimes seemingly difficult bumps and holes along the way that are capable of taking me out, and the only source keeping above falling down, or bumping my knee is Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's clear like the sunny sky that it's not a question i am asking because based on the post i did ask but i also answered so i am clearly not asking any question from 1st post on this thread
and if you read between the lines it's clear you do not have a choice even if it says choose of course you will choose life because there is no other choice hay nako

okay i am not asking a question when i created this thread
and okay that is what i understand and that is your understanding okay it's okay let's not fight or force each other

is death a choice? who wants to die? no one

I agree that most people do not want to die, but when Jehovah offers a choice between life or death, He was talking futuristic. He does offer everlasting life Stred, but for you to accept it, you have to recognize and live the requirements for it now. Does that make sense?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
you have to recognize and live the requirements for it now. Does that make sense?
for you not for me because your perspective is not beyond God but the same way as humans does things i am simply stating either i believe or not it's not for you to decide if i'll be saved or not

yes believed what you believe in
That video I did not watch. Would you consider us to have some type of destiny while living on this earth? What is your philosophy on that if it is okay for me to ask you?
what i believe is not really the direct meaning of destiny but something we are destined to do the purpose of why we are here why are we living just to die

the moment we are born we are destined to be a servant of God if we live we'll all be there someday you cannot run you cannot escape it is your destiny that is the only way the only truth the only choice because other choices are death and death should not be considered a choice no one wants death but would you? of course not right?
You know for me in my understanding my desire is for God to use me somehow to be a benefit to others while living this life, an
hahaha you probably did not watched for you not to be swayed by unknown nonsense

the content is about what you desired God
Though it is sometimes seemingly difficult bumps and holes along the way that are capable of taking me out, and the only source keeping above falling down, or bumping my knee is Christ.
that's why i said there is no other choice we are destined to do 1 thing to do good in the name of God to do the will of God we will all die someday at first we'll enjoy life but someday we are destined to walk that path no matter how hard if we don't we will die

death is not a choice because after death the eternal death that is absolutely not a choice never a choice

Reactions: MatthewG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it true that the people have destiny?
OP ^

In “A” word...YES, people have destiny.
People, have Zero say so in Becoming, “naturally born”.
People, ie. babes, children, have “limited” access in “what” they are fed,
(Food, what they Hear, what they See)
People, ie. Growing, Maturing, “Access” in “what” they are fed “increases”.
“INCREASE” of options, by default, “INCREASES” “choices”.

WHAT, the individual “elects to Choose”, results in the “EFFECT” of the “Choice”.

...ie...”IF”....”THEN”
...ie...”CAUSE” and “EFFECT”.
...ie...”Person making the Choice”...”Destiny of the Person who made the Choice.

Mommy & Daddy’s “word”, reveals the “IF”...”THEN”.
Teachers “word”, reveals the “IF”...”THEN”.
Governments “word”, reveals the “IF”...”THEN.
Relationships between People’s “word”, reveals the “IF”...”THEN”.
Joining a GROUP, reveals the “IF”...”THEN”.
Gods “WORD”, reveals the “IF”...”THEN”.

* A “prudent” individual...”hears”, “learns”, the “IF” options.
* A “prudent” individual...ALSO, “hears”, “learns” the “THEN” expectation OF
“Choosing” the “Option”....and expectation, for “NOT choosing” the “OPTION”.
* A “prudent” individual...ALSO, “Opens their Eyes”, and OBSERVES, “the”
“EFFECTS” (results, destiny), which has AFFECTED another “person”, ACCORDING TO “their” Choices.

The MYSTERY, IS...God IS ALL KNOWING. He KNOWS, “WHAT” an individual “WILL” choose, (BEFORE), an “individual” is even naturally born, or aware of his “choices”, or has made his “choices”.
God has ALREADY “prepared”, “the place, necessities, etc.” for “every individuals choices”.

People ARE “limited”, in Knowledge. A man and woman, can “choose” to become “wedded”, prepare, “choose” to have a baby. Prepare, a place, a home, a room, necessities, etc. FOR the expected baby, long before the baby is naturally born.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for you not for me because your perspective is not beyond God but the same way as humans does things i am simply stating either i believe or not it's not for you to decide if i'll be saved or not

what i believe is not really the direct meaning of destiny but something we are destined to do the purpose of why we are here why are we living just to die

the moment we are born we are destined to be a servant of God if we live we'll all be there someday you cannot run you cannot escape it is your destiny that is the only way the only truth the only choice because other choices are death and death should not be considered a choice no one wants death but would you? of course not right?

hahaha you probably did not watched for you not to be swayed by unknown nonsense

that's why i said there is no other choice we are destined to do 1 thing to do good in the name of God to do the will of God we will all die someday at first we'll enjoy life but someday we are destined to walk that path no matter how hard if we don't we will die

death is not a choice because after death the eternal death that is absolutely not a choice never a choice

Stre,

thank you for sharing that with me.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God forces no one to obey, so it is your choice. I personally recommend obeying now, and not try to jump on the bandwagon at the last minute, as history shows, that simply was not acceptable to God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

enough to guide

Yes we all have a destiny. God has given me a destiny for working on a particle thing. God also makes some mothers and some fathers. And that is their destiny to raise a family and work at certain jobs. God provides this for us. All we need to do is accept that destiny and work towards it. And not fight against God and our destinies he has provided for us.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God forces no one to obey, so it is your choice. I personally recommend obeying now, and not try to jump on the bandwagon at the last minute, as history shows, that simply was not acceptable to God.
like i said let's not force each other for our own good then end up debating then what? what's next? will we understand or will i understand or believe what you believe in? i am only saying let's not start vain debate

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like i said let's not force each other for our own good then end up debating then what? what's next? will we understand or will i understand or believe what you believe in? i am only saying let's not start vain debate

God sends His people Stred, why? Mat 28:19,20 You can call it debate, or whatever. According to Mat 24:14 you will be given the opportunity to come to know God, and choose to serve Him or not. When someone reaches you with His word, you have a couple of choices, listen to the word, and then examine the Scriptures to see if it is so, or reject it without examination, that of course is your choice Acts 17:11

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
God sends His people Stred, why? Mat 28:19,20 You can call it debate, or whatever. According to Mat 24:14 you will be given the opportunity to come to know God, and choose to serve Him or not. When someone reaches you with His word, you have a couple of choices, listen to the word, and then examine the Scriptures to see if it is so, or reject it without examination, that of course is your choice Acts 17:11
ahh i don't think we are in the same page like you are in page 10 while i am in page 7 could you please state what exactly are you trying to say from the very beginning

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ahh i don't think we are in the same page like you are in page 10 while i am in page 7 could you please state what exactly are you trying to say from the very beginning

Before Jesus left he sent his disciples to teach all the things he commanded, and then they would become his disciples and do the same thing, thus spreading the good news over the centuries until God was satisfied that all the nations would be reached. At this point God will send His forces to end this system, and usher in His Kingdom. Mat 28:19,20; 24:14; 2 Thes 1:6-9

In the first century many became disciples, mostly from God's covenanted people under Law, but then it spread to other nations. By the death of the apostles the foretold apostasy was well under way, but when Jesus was enthroned as King, he would turn his attention to the earth in these last days to gather all those who choose to serve him Isa 2:2-4. When we saturate the earth with the good news, which is really the case as of now, as virtually everyone on earth has access to God's word, so we are so very near the fulfillment of Mat 24:14, the end is very near.

Is that as clear as mud Stred;)

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question was Is it true that people have a destiny? I answered no, and as you pointed out, yes you do have a choice, therefore God does not cause or prevent you from serving Him, it is your choice. Deut 30:19,20

Deu 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."

NASB Eph 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,
Net Eph 1:11 In Christ we too have been claimed as God's own possession,29(G2820) since we were predestined (G4309) according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will

29 tn Grk "we were appointed by lot." The notion of the verb κληρόω (klēroō) in the OT was to "appoint a portion by lot" (the more frequent cognate verb κληρονομέω [klēronomeō] meant "obtain a portion by lot"). In the passive, as here, the idea is that "we were appointed [as a portion] by lot" (BDAG 548 s.v. κληρόω 1). The words "God's own" have been supplied in the translation to clarify this sense of the verb. An alternative interpretation is that believers receive a portion as an inheritance: "In Christ we too have been appointed a portion of the inheritance." See H. W. Hoehner, Ephesians, 226-27, for discussion on this interpretive issue.

Word study G2820
κληρόω
klēróō; contracted klērṓ, fut. klērṓsō, from klḗros (G2819), a lot. To cast lots, determine by lot, i.e., to determine something, choose someone. In Eph_1:11, it means, "in whom the lot has fallen upon us also, as foreordained thereto . . . to be" (a.t.). The idea expressed here is that Christians have become heirs of God due to the fact that God predestined them according to His purpose. In a manner of speaking, the "lot" fell to believers not by chance but solely because of the gracious and sovereign decision of God- Almighty to select them to be His heirs.

Deriv.: prosklēróō (G4345), to give or assign by lot.

Word study
G4309

προορίζω
proorízō; fut. proorísō, from pró (G4253), before, and horízō (G3724), to determine. To determine or decree beforehand (Act_4:28; Rom_8:29-30; 1Co_2:7; Eph_1:5, Eph_1:11). The peace of the Christian Church has been disrupted due to the misunderstanding which surrounds this word. It behooves the Church to consider the divinely intended meaning of this word by carefully examining the critical passages where it is used.

In 1Co_2:7 it has a thing as its obj., namely, the wisdom of God. The purpose was our glory, i.e., our benefits of salvation.

In Act_4:28 the verb is followed by the aor. inf. genésthai (gínomai [G1096], to be, become), to be done. The action of Herod and Pontius Pilate in crucifying Jesus Christ is said to have been predetermined or foreordained by the hand and will of God. This indicates that Christ's mission, especially His death and resurrection, was not ultimately the result of human will but originated in the eternal counsel of God which decreed the event determining all its primary and secondary causes, instruments, agents, and contingencies.

Joh 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws (DRAGS) him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB: Pro 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?

Net Bible: Pro 20:24 The steps of a person73 are ordained by74 the LORD — so how can anyone75 understand his own76 way?

Pro 20:24
73 tn Heb "the steps of a man"; but "man" is the noun גֶּבֶר (gever, in pause), indicating an important, powerful person. BDB 149-50 s.v. suggests it is used of men in their role of defending women and children; if that can be validated, then a translation of "man" would be appropriate here. But the line seems to have a wider, more general application. The "steps" represent (by implied comparison) the course of life (cf. NLT "the road we travel").

74 tn Heb "from the LORD"; NRSV "ordered by the Lord"; NIV "directed by the Lord."
sn To say that one's steps are ordained by the LORD means that one's course of actions, one's whole life, is divinely prepared and sovereignly superintended (e.g., Gen_50:26; Pro_3:6). Ironically, man is not actually in control of his own steps.

75 tn The verse uses an independent nominative absolute to point up the contrast between the mortal and the immortal: "and man, how can he understand his way?" The verb in the sentence would then be classified as a potential imperfect; and the whole question rhetorical. It is affirming that humans cannot understand very much at all about their lives.

NASB Jer 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.

Net Jer 10:23 LORD, we know that people do not control their own destiny. It is not in their power to determine what will happen to them.

CEV Jer 10:23 I know, LORD, that we humans are not in control of our own lives.

NASB Rom 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls-- she was told, "The older will serve the younger."

CEV Rom 9:11 Even before they were born or had done anything good or bad, the Lord told Rebekah that her older son would serve the younger one. The Lord said this to show that he makes his own choices and that it wasn't because of anything either of them had done.

It's all destiny, you just don't know it!

Belief is a GIFT - Phil 1:29 - "For you have been granted [the gift] to grant as a favor for Christ's sake not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer in His behalf."

Faith is a GIFT - Eph 2:8-10 - "For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [ the gift of] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God; Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.] For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Paul

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Before Jesus left he sent his disciples to teach all the things he commanded, and then they would become his disciples and do the same thing, thus spreading the good news over the centuries until God was satisfied that all the nations would be reached. At this point God will send His forces to end this system, and usher in His Kingdom. Mat 28:19,20; 24:14; 2 Thes 1:6-9

In the first century many became disciples, mostly from God's covenanted people under Law, but then it spread to other nations. By the death of the apostles the foretold apostasy was well under way, but when Jesus was enthroned as King, he would turn his attention to the earth in these last days to gather all those who choose to serve him Isa 2:2-4. When we saturate the earth with the good news, which is really the case as of now, as virtually everyone on earth has access to God's word, so we are so very near the fulfillment of Mat 24:14, the end is very near.

Is that as clear as mud Stred;)
yes thank you