Is it wrong to listen to metal music?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PlanetJeff

Sep 23, 2007
Music is a big part of my life,I'm a musician I play guitar and pretty much what I look forward to every day is playing guitar. But is it wrong to listen to aggressive, loud metal music? I think of it as a form of art but a lot of people consider it a sin and evil and it's a big part of my life. I listen to a lot of dark metal music like Death metal, Thrash metal you name it and I probably listen to it or know it.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
"Thou shalt not rockest within thine camp." Hezekiah 4:15Just kidding!
biggrin.gif
I'd say the same thing about music as with verbal communication. What's the message about? Those who would condemn your type of music may have a bigger problem with gossip, for example, which is worse IMO. I would only caution you not to internalize very unbiblical lyrics if they are about drugs, sex, violence and what-not. It's not the sound, per se, but the message. Like I said, that applies to the way we speak every day.Tell ya what. I'm 48 years old and right now my biggest weakness is Agnetha Fältskog from Sweden, of course lately she's been singing mostly love songs these days. I won't say anything about your music if you don't say anything about my Agnetha. :angel9:
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I would agree with Tim here coming from a musical family I dont think I could advise anyone not to listen to what they like but I agree about the message there has to be music you can enjoy without the negative lyrics. Agnetha???
smile.gif

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
It most certainly is not. Music is a reflection of culture. I listen to loud aggressive hardcore all the time. In fact, right now I'm listening to August Burns Red, a Christian aggressive Metalcore band. Check them out here;www.purevolume.com/augustburnsredHere is a list of Christian bands playing hard and heavy music like there is no tomorrow;August Burns RedAs I Lay DyingThe ChariotDemon HunterHaste The DayInhale ExhaleUnderoathZaoThriceand there are loads more.The reason people often believe that this music is bad is because they believe that the music itself makes one feel aggressive. People don't always think that's something we should nurture. This is a fair point, except that with most people who simply enjoy music, it doesn't make them more aggressive in the least. For me, and for every single person I know who listens to this music, it helps to calm the nerves and feels like a burden is being lifted off.There is another argument, which basically states that the music is a reflection of the evil in our world and presents to the Christian nothing worth while. I whole heartedly disagree with this. I have heard better worship music from As I Lay Dying then from Jars of Clay. In fact, a friend once thought that the music sounded like angry monkeys with cruel stomach ackes with instruments and a microphone. Then, she was made to listen to "Behind me lies another fallen soldier" following with the lyrics in hand. After she finished crying she went and bought the Album.There is much great content to get. I mean, just for example, I'm listening now to a Zao Song {my playlist is playing on random}, and the lyrics are here:http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/zao/thelatterrain.phpThe style of the music is no doubt a result from a previous generations rebellion. However, it no longer carries that connotation.Another argument is that screaming is not a proper way to glorify God, and all music is meant to glorify him. I disagree with both of these assumptions. Screaming is a vocal style. It does not communicate violence necessarily. I listen to bands who scream for emphasis, sure. However, I also listen to bands who only ever scream. They aren't being aggressive, they're making what they know to be good music. Also, music is simply a medium of communication. We call it art. Not all art has to be focused on God. One can paint a canvas, or sing about their mother passed away. These are not bad things. As it is, one who says that screaming cannot glorify God is quite naive, and has not met the hundreds of people who have come to Christ in great thanks to bands like the aforementioned.The last argument is that the music carries implicitly with it the appearance of evil. First, culture defines what appears evil. Culture does not any longer see people playing heavy music as evil. Sometimes Metal bands are made fun of {Metalocalypse}, but they aren't seen as evil. Even if on the rare occasion, or with the rare exceptions, there are shows where the bands dress up to look "scary". Even at that, the bands are putting on a show for people to both hear and see. Yes, they are wearing costumes which look "evil", but it is for show. Music with drums is not Voodoo. Music with screaming isn't violent.Brother in Christ, Tyrel.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(kriss;19183)
No I dont
Agnetha Fältskog is most widely known as the blond female singer from the rock group ABBA in the 70's, the same group that did "Waterloo", "SOS" and other popular songs. I take a liking to Agnetha because she looks almost exactly like a woman I used to date. As a matter of fact, I have an old picture of her and my kids could not tell her from Agnetha.Anyways, Agnetha is in her later 50's now and released an album in 2004 consisting of a remake of old songs (not her compositions) and her voice is angelic, but alas, worldly themes. That's why I joked with Jeff about that. Some people would accept Agnetha, but not heavy music. But if its worldly, what's the difference? But I have my vices!
biggrin.gif
I'm human, too.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
Well, I never listen to heavy metal. Just not my taste. But no music is intrinsically bad. Or good for that matter. You are free to listen to whatever you want...........if it produces a good outcome. In other words, what does it make you feel? What does it lead you to do? If the fruit (outcome) is good, then go for it. If it not, then look elsewhere.

PlanetJeff

Sep 23, 2007
(Nova;19196)
Well, I never listen to heavy metal. Just not my taste. But no music is intrinsically bad. Or good for that matter. You are free to listen to whatever you want...........if it produces a good outcome. In other words, what does it make you feel? What does it lead you to do? If the fruit (outcome) is good, then go for it. If it not, then look elsewhere.
It usually makes me happy listening to my favorite music, and it helps a lot in dealing with my anger when I put on something like Pantera.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Psalm 33:3 - Sing unto Him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.Psalm 40:3 - And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.Psalm 96:1 - O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.Psalm 98:1 - O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory.Psalm 144:9 - I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.Psalm 149:1 - Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.Isaiah 42:10 - Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(PlanetJeff;19168)
Music is a big part of my life,I'm a musician I play guitar and pretty much what I look forward to every day is playing guitar. But is it wrong to listen to aggressive, loud metal music? I think of it as a form of art but a lot of people consider it a sin and evil and it's a big part of my life. I listen to a lot of dark metal music like Death metal, Thrash metal you name it and I probably listen to it or know it.
I like the strength and power of all kinds of rock because in a way they mirror the power of Christianity.I've long believed Elvis and other rock stars were "prophets", appearing like voices in the stuffy wilderness with the refreshing message "rebel"!Jesus said the same thing -"God has authorised me..to proclaim freedom for the prisoners.." (Luke 4:18 )And his fans quickly cottoned on -"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )No doubt in years to come, bewildered scholars will sit down and try to fathom out the hidden meanings behind such profound lyrics from all the Prophets of Rock such as -"Well you can do anything but stay offa my blue suede shoes" (Elvis)"See you later alligator, in a while crocodile" (Bill Haley)"Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" (Jerry Lee Lewis)"Be bop a lula she's my baby" (Gene Vincent)"A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam bam" (Little Richard)Its as if God sent them into this prison we call a world to free us from the jailhouse..RIGHT ELV? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzV_0l5ILI-----------------------------------------------------------

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Heavy Metal is not sinful in and of itself,but I can understand someoneobjecting if they cannot understand the message the music is projecting.I enjoy the song"Destroy Things"by Limp Bisket.It brings out the adrenline freak in me.But some people just cannot handle such things and they will give into desires they already have and blame it on the music when it is just their own sinful nature.A retired Pastor friend of mine and I had a conversation about appropriate music and his opinion about it was"It is fine if you are praising the Lord,but if someone cannot here the message all it is is noise to them and they have no real worship of the Lord in that particular piece".The conversation was promted by my boys practicing "Jesus Freak"in the sanctuary about a month ago.He loved it but couldnt make out the words and just thought he would make a suggestion.My sons have decided that when they practice it again they will try to make it more understandable so all can enjoy it.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
I used to play Metal Guitar also. It can be very calming, but it can also fill You with adreneline and angry Energy. And about the Bands, it depends on where they age comming from, As to what their meaning is. I had abandoned all of My metal bands. Actualy I had given up to listening to all bands. But the world still never gave up on trying to pull Me into it's gnostic ways. Even though I was saved, and saved from the other side, though I only vaugly knew I was there However on the other side they don't give up. And their was a thorn placed in My side/flesh when I was saved -I can see it was to counterbalance everything in My life, as Paul had to deal with His thorn, becuase of what My calling would have to teach me in the end. Now In one respect, because I do not like the draw of the other side, I can partly agree with Black Sabbath lyrics where they are anti-goddess enslavement, ( because the thorn tries and force Me to accept either the king of the north/assyria, or the king of the south/egypt -as Per Isaiah, and daniel, and I choose neither, but the thorn tries to force a prediliction nominaly upon Me to surrender to the goddess/assyria, or fight -and the church faces the same dilema if they choose the wrong things. But as I am not completely pulled over, I can still state both sides are illusion ) Now on sabbath being anti-lower level goddess enslavement, it comes with a price, based on going to higher spiritual worlds, which I don't agree with, and does not realy solve the overall problem of gnosticism.So Because I do not agree with Gnosticism, or having to choose the goddess way of "Assyria," ( The Bee Of Assyria, and it's personification of satan as the king of the Goddess -as Per Isaiah ), or the way of "Egypt," ( The Fly of Egypt, and it's personification of satan as the king of the gods -as Per Isaiah ) But I do not want to be pulled to the other side and some goddess/ inner child enslavement called "peace," trying to own Me, only for us to battle for higher levels of who gets to be boss, or some god/ inner child system ( because both sytems do nothing but stand against God's laws. And even if they claim to find a way not to fight, just being there violates God's laws). Or I could talk about Metal Lyrics, such as Ozzy on the 1st album Sabbath album, in which Ozzy recorded some superimposed Lyrics. I was suspicious, of How He did it, by listening to how He forces the attack and decay of His singing in unatural ways -but I had no problem in being able to hear some of these lyrics, like on the Paranoid album, Planet Caravan, some some alternate Lyrics. But what if the modifications of attack and decay, do not hide alternate lyrics on the Sabbath albums, but rather just enough forced modification, so the lyrics are supernaturaly modified in ones mind??? Backward masking, and lyric masking/recorded in records does exist. But The Sabbath recordings need to be analyzed. Because the recorded Lyrics don't have to mean anything, because once, many years ago, when I was researching some Ozzy lyrics, on the Bark at the Moon album, I listened to the Lyrics, more than once to see if I could get anything from the songs along the lines of what I already understood to be able to happen/ understand. And one time Ozzy sang a whole entire different set of Lyrics for Me that one time on the song.So You make what You will of Metal, but it intends to pull one to the other side, and higher -supposedly in protest to goddess enslavement, but does not have to be so. because Metal can be "Vampire," or "wearwolf," style Metal, and simply expresses the same three way gnostic battle -as is personified in the movie "Underworld," with the difference being the gnostic battles go much farther back in time. If You know where You are at already, that may make all the difference in the world, as to which side You have chosen, if the battle has indeed pulled You in. for example on Black Sabbath's 1st album "Warning" is meant as a reprise to NIB, and therefore NIB is a warning not to fall in love with Lucifer, even though the song NIB seems to say so. Previous to NIB, is "Behind The wall Of Sleep," ( one possible set of Lyrics which sings: ) "Visions cupped within the flower....Deadly Battles with strange Power...Faces shine a Deadly smile...Look up on You at Your Trial............Chill that Numbs from head to toe...Icy Sun with Frosty glow...Words ago read to Your Sorrow...Words Ago read No Tommorow..." The Bible is the "Words Ago read to Your Sorrow....Words Ago read No Tommorow..." and the song goes on to tell You to ( based on Black Sabbath premise You'r already dead -becuase of World system ---See Vol 4. ) go to higher worlds by saying "Turn Your Body To A Corpse." So I don't want to back to the other side, but am realy furious it won't stop trying to pull at Me, like I am supposed to believe it is the kingdom of Heaven, so I could choose to listen to Sabbath to let the goddess ( which is bull -becuase we are not supposed to be gods and goddessess ), but to let the goddess know I am furious with Her, and if I am pulled to the other side I won't go, and will never serve Her needs, but then I am also furious with the gods and wont serve their needs, because it's all just a horrible violation of God's laws, based on overthrowing the Inner Man of The Heart, as the temple of God, and is thus the personal or internalised ( until it's 1 time final occurance on earth by the antichrist ) Abomination of Desolation. And if there is not an internalized and personalized abomination of desolation, by overthrowing ones own body as the temple of God -and Armageddon is supposed to be so horrible in an external sense only, then how can they be "being married and being given in marraige," until Christ returns, as if everything is all calm thru the tribulation "and one will be taken in a filed, and one left," so while everyone works out details of what this and that means, the world still rots, and it's lies continue MT 24:36-41 The protestants knew the spirit of the antichrist was always in the world, and we always suffer tribulation, so their is an internalized abomination of desolation and Armageddon we all may have to face, when an army of locuts comes to devour the inner man of the heart, and drag ones spirit out of thier body -just as the image of the upside down man of the full moon shows!!!!!!! I hate the other side, and how everyone to Me -is wrong for being there. To be the other side has only one deffinition, it's all nothing but black magic to Me. I am very angry that the world thinks it is going to force it's worthless opinions on Me, and that includes the entire worthless church for going there, and trying to take others there as well.If one is not already saved they need to repent and recieve the free gift of salvation, but they also have to watch to not fall into the demonic teachings as are personified in the 7 church state warnings of revelation, which if one carefully reads, can see the warnings against Jezebel -and the goddess religion, and the religion of the gods,This is why I feel so Many of Jesus's parables on what is supposed to be the kingdom of heaven/God are so negative -because the "Singular," references in His dialogues are about the true kingdom of God/ heaven relationship of the Inner Man of the Heart, while being obedient in ones body, because the body is your temple, and the other bundeled references which use the "Plural," to show an outward false copy of this kingdom, the Gnosticism, warned against in the likes of "Jezebel," and Her demonic teachings in Revelation, and so on and so forth.Because if there is only a singular good kingdom of heaven, and not a plural counterfit outer one, then no one would be able to explain why so many of Jesus's "Parables," or "Negative," about what goes on there : They are negative because the plural false one, constantly tries to devour and absob ones lack of obedience into itself, and if one could avoid such truly horrible lack of obedience -as some do in these 7 churches of revelation, then there would be no need for such warnings in Revelation at all for believers, right????????????????God Bless.Mike.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Just to remind everyone, that no music is neutral. It can be used for good (to glorify and praise God) or for evil (to blaspheme Yahshua or not to praise and glorify God)JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
And even though I do not remember the Lyrics exactly, but KISS, whom no one would call Heavy Metal, by todays standards, and besides they were "so long ago," had a song called "God Of Thunder." Now in "god of thunder," it starts with music, and childrens voices, and a child who says "play it louder," and the song's intro now being over, begins: And the lyrics go something like "I am the god of thunder and rock n roll...and the spell you'r under will rob You of You'r Virgin Soul..." And kiss who dressed as metal gods, are not supposed to stand for "knights in satan's service," nor is acdc supposed to stand for "antichrist devil child," why, becuase they say so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now acdc, makes up lame stories about how they came up with the name as a joke about themselves, not understanding acdc meant "one who is bi-sexual," and yet Angus Young spouts devil horns on album covers, and on stage props and such, and wears the little english school boy outfit of the antichrist ( via the type of image of an 'English' 'Damion' type -as is found in the movie "The Omen," for example ), and bob's His head up and down wildly while playing, to simulate a "demon possessed" individual, and they have such lyrics as "Hell isn't such a bad place to be," etc.., etc..., etc.., And yet their name does not mean "antichrist devil child," and they are not demonic, why, because they say so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I again would like to sell The Brooklyn Bridge, The Tower Bridge, and The London Bridge, and The Moon, to all individuals who believe in the "Denials" of all of these bands ( even though I do not own The Brooklyn, Tower, and London Bridges, nor The Moon, and inspite of the fact that they are not for sale )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please contact Me for Your 'Bids," only acceptable starting in the Millions of dollars, and only payable in flawless diamonds, or gold bullion please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My adress is "1 New Jerusalem, Heaven." ( Only kidding, how could I know the actual street number ahead of time????????????? ) And never forgett that kiss sang "I am the god of thunder and rock n roll...and the spell your under will rob you of your virgin soul," when you discuss the inocence of anything today in this evil world. Mankind tries to force people in believing it is safe to expand their spirit out of their bodies, and enter into the role playing spiritual playground, of entering into "movies," so as to role play -and the only purpose that "horror" movies exist, is to once people are tricked to do so, is to force them into these "tortured roles," so out of fear they can force them to believe their is no hope, and no way for their spirits to get back to their bodies, and they exist as cast out spirits, who are afraid to seek help. But their fear is realy only, becuase their "inner man," their true spirit does not want to seek the truth, and seek help from God. And how much of their projection and fear is realy only in their "possessed" minds I do not know, however, And Isaiah 29: in describing Jerusalem as "Ariel," of the city, and I believe of the "heart," of the believer, as a "down payment" of the "New Jerusalem," in the context that the "Holy Spirit" dwells in the Heart of a believer, as a down payment from Christ -against the day when the New Heavens and New Earth, and New Jerusalem will be established, so that we can be with Christ in person, in our New Glorified bodies: Isaiah 29 talk of how the old Jerusalem/and symbolicaly also they who do such dark deads shall be ground into finer and finer "dust," and Is 29:7 of those who war against Her "...Shall be like a dream, a vision of the night." or Is 9:20 "And they slice off what is on the right hand but still are hungry, And they eat what is on the left hand but they are not satisfied; Each of them eats the flesh of his own arm." I believe the enigmatic-and-strange book of Isaiah, cleary shows openly anti-gnostic/new age/and kabbalistic material which explains how the world system actualy works, even without a deeper study of it's original "Hebrew," and that it shows time and again that the Heart becomes ( in My assesment ) like a down payment for the New Jerusalem ( as our bodies are our temple ) while the Holy Ghost resides in our hearts as a down payment of our "Future," reunion with our Christ Jesus, after He had come down to personaly "Sup," ( visit ) with Us, when He saved us as individuals, each and every one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still am working out My research ( becuase I am sick, it goes slowly ), But Isaiah seems to be a special commentary on the entire Bible, and Isaiah in that context also goes in hand with Daniel, and revelation, etc.., And as the enemy wages war against the Heart, which was once described as so wicked by the bible, refuse to see "A Renewed Heart," but cut it down, knowing they are attacking a representation ( symbolicaly or otherwise ) of Jerusalem, in favor of the Stomach/(or solar plexus as pagans call it), as can be seen, lets say in the closing credits of "Smallville," where a hammer descends upon a ink bottle filled with red ink ( symbolising blood within the haert ), and smashes the ink bottle labeled "miller cough ink." Or when Jimmy Hendrix who wrote two songs "Voodo Child", and "Voodoo Chile ," -the 2nd, and famous version of which sings "I stand up next to a mountain ( The Heart ), and chop it down with the edge of My hand." Or "Hotel California," on the album of the same name by the Eagles, which seems to argue against the Harlot,which reveals a great many things, including backwards masking on how "satan has organized his own religion,"sings such Lyrics as "I asked the captain to please bring Me My wine, and He said we have not had that Spirit here since 1969," because they have not had the Spirit of the Sacrificial Blood Of Christ ( and it's completed work ) since 1969, because Anton Szander Lavey founded the 1st Satanic Church Of America on California Street, in California in 1966 -but Published the "Satanic Bible," on Avon Publishing in 1969!!!!!!!!!!!! And In the song ( you must excuse my poor memory ) sings at one point something to the effect of "...And I had to find a passage back to the place I was before...Relax said the Nightman We are programed to recieve, You can check out anytime You like, but You can Never Leave," meaning You can spiritual die and enter into hell anytime You want, But You may never Leave Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At other points of the song it sings "As We gathered for the Feast, They stabbed it with Their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast," Once dead supposedly You can never kill the beast, and are in hell forever. the song also sings, when the individual 1st enters "The Hotel," that "I was thinking to Myself, this could be Heaven or this could be Hell," and Hell is what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to the worlds demonic schemes, for the children of satan, 26, 27, and 28 are very important to them, because they believe satan sa described as both the King of Tyre, and The Anointed Cherub ( beofre His fall ), as the same being in Ezekiel 26: thru 28: will arise in the end, and win!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we know He lost already. But they won't believe that. So in the context of those three chapters ( and other Biblical references ) when God talks about destroying Tyre and the Prince of Tyre, and scraping it flat like a rock, And specificaly The King of Tyre Eze 28: as satan who said he was god in his heart, in the heart of the sea, etc.., Well they beleive in the reversal of these judgments thru war, in which satan as lucifer will win as god from within the sea. So because of EZE 28:, and other biblical references such as Tyre being scraped flat like a rock, etc.., The Beatles, who had an unreleased song ( found only on 'Beatles Rairities' ), which sings only one lyric thru the whole song, while Ringo makes these demon groans thru the whole song, the lyric goes "You know My Name, Look Up The Number." Or who could forget that gem, thought to be about lsd, "Lucifer In The Sky With Diamonds" ---( once I explain Lucy, realy means Lucifer ). And as a note EZE 28:11-19 describes this Cherub/King who was in Eden, and who's covering was every precious stone, including diamonds!!!!!!!! Now because of Lucifer as King of Tyre -since Tyre was scraped bare like a rock, they ( the satanic world ) have lucifer as Leviathan the coiled serpent/dragon hiding within the anti-physical gnostic spiritual sea -falsely sold as the kingdom of heaven- where they worship his rise to power within this sea, And thus the Beatles have "Come Together," about the flat-scraped rock, which only hides Lucifers presence, just outside of the current garden of physical reality, and the renewed heart, which sings "Here comes Old Flat Top, He Comes Grovin Up Slowly..." And as Aleister Crowley and others worship all symbolism and Mystery they can create around 26,27,and 28, which is also to them - 26+27+28 = 81 = 9 = 1 & 8 = 18 = 666 ( because they play with numerological puzzles and such of their satanic games -inspite of what they call it ), And as Such within the fold-out-album-cover of the ( When they still had albums ), Within the 9 empty and dark windows/arches of the uper balcony were hidden pictures of Anton Lavey in the 2nd Arch, and aleister Crowley in the 7th Arch ( unless My memory reveresed whom was in which ), but still their were only images hidden within the 2nd and 7th = 27 of the 9, because EZE 27: is the central Chapter of the 3. And Blue Oyster Cult, is also named after this fallen lucifer rising hidden within the heart of the sea, etc..., I could go on forever on Rock's hidden satanic agenda. But based on imagery from G. I. Gurdjieff, and His book "Beelzebub's tales to his grandon," etc.., the beatles came up with the song "The Walrus," And In English slang "A Submarine," was a Marijuana "joint," in the U.S. and so the Album Jellow Submarine, and the song were about getting "High." And The Beatles had admidted also that there use of Transcendental meditation was only colored water, but colored water for what????????? Becuase transcendental meditation helps no one transcend anything in the 1st place, but only open one up for more dangerous encounters with such things as the Beatles "Lucifer In the sky with daiamonds." So be carefull, and develop a strategy to learn, and understand their attempted revesal of EZEKIEL 28:, and fight for the truth!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Mike

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think there is a lot of enlighting information here Mike it makes one see how its not the music but the words of those making the music that we need to pay attention toothanks for the information.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Actually I find that even musick without lyrics can influence people's life. It really does. It seems so natural for people to listen to dark musick these days.And yes lyrics with musick becomes more powerful than most people thinks. Yes we must need to pay attention to the words, because it's downright disturbing. I prefer reading lyrics on the net as I can't listen comprehend very well. If it glorifies God...that's super. If it doesn't...well it's Satanic.Ephesians 5:19 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.As I personally believe it's safe for me to say that it's not safe to for Christians songs to play the world tunes.As this scripture says this for whatsoever.II Corinthians 11:14 - And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.What I'm trying to say is...Satan likes to make some melodies, with very dark lyrics. Does God need to disguise Himself as a devil to make His songs? No! He doesn't. God will stick with melodies with His songs and lyrics. As God is a God of light. Not a god of darkness. As God can not dwell in darkness.Conclusion: Musick without lyrics is not neutral. Musick with lyrics is not neutral.Much love to you everyone from Jag.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I didn't want to rain on the parade but as an ex-metal head I have to say some things. Music is very subtle. The music can be in direct opposition to the lyrics. I think this occurs when Christian bands try to sing along to Heavy Metal music. Heavy Metal music is in direct opposition to Christianity because Christianity is about peace and Heavy Metal is not. I used to listen to Heavy Metal when I was younger and I still like to hear the occasional Metallica or AC/DC song, but I also guard against their effects. I get an adrenaline pump listening to Heavy Metal just like I do before a fight or confrontation. Some people may argue this as Heavy Metal may not affect them this way. That is because they are not a Heavy Metal-holic. Just like for some alcohol is not a sin but for others it is. Let's just put it this way. If it is not a direct sin it opens the door to sinfulness.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I agree with you 100% For Life. :amen: AND :blessyou:JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.