Is Jesus son of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
These verses say clearly that Jesus was the messenger of God, he was not God, he worshipped and follow the commandments of God. here are more verses:1. Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly in the following verse:"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.""For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." [Mathew 5:17-20] 2. The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus mission in the following verses: (i) "… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."[The Bible, John 14:24]Jesus said that what I am sayng is not my word but my father’s word, it means that Jesus is following the commandments of God and seeking God’s will. (ii) "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent." [The Bible, John 17:3] 3. Consider the following in the Bible in Mathew 19:16-17:"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "Jesus did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments.4. The following from the Bible supports that Jesus was a prophet of God:"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know." [Acts 2:22]5. Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord." [Mark 12:29]The basic teachings of the Trinity find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’s actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses. Indeed Jesus rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;40539)
My question is that why christians believe Jesus pbuh to be son of God even though there is no verse in the bible saying that?
that is entirely incorrect....1Jo 1:3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ .

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Jesus was not just a messenger of God, he was the Son of God.John 3:31-36The one who comes from above is above all: the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth( like Muhammed), and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. He testifies what He has seen and heard, but no one accepts His testimony(Unbelievers). The man who has accepted that has certified that God is truthful. For the one whom God has sent (Jesus,His son),speaks the words of God, (Jesus not Muhammed), for God gives the Spirit without limit (Muhammed did not have God's spirit in him, Jesus was God sent). The Father loves the SON and has placed EVERYTHING IN HIS HANDS. WHOEVER BELIEVES IN THE SON HAS ETERNAL LIFE, BUT WHOEVER REJECTS THE SON WILL NOT SEE LIFE,FOR GOD'S WRATH REMMAINS ON HIM.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
truthfully, I think enough has been covered in this thread to prove that verse does make claim of Jesus being the Son of God....

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jackie D;42005)
truthfully, I think enough has been covered in this thread to prove that verse does make claim of Jesus being the Son of God....
There can be no doubt that Jesus is in fact the Son of God.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Saint Gutfree;42023)
Very interesting points. I'll have to read through the entire thread before commenting further.
I wish I had the time, I would enjoy going through and addressing each of the points presented herein.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Do you know that there are lot of contadictions, inconsistencies and discrepencies in the bible?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Mazhar wrote:
Do you know that there are lot of contadictions, inconsistencies and discrepencies in the bible?
Nope I never noticed. Perhaps the inconsistancies lie in the one reading and not the book itself. Whatever the case may be, you won't convince me that the Word of God is inconsistant....
rolleyes.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42148)
Brother, please see the following videos. They are videos from the debate between dr .zakir naik and dr. william campbell.http://youtube.com/watch?v=eCpDc-L5_go&feature=relatedhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4dKsVyTog&feature=relatedhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=r6AiBo0COUQ&feature=relatedhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=Cqk7YgLef-4&feature=related
I am assuming you are talking to me...if you are I'm a sister..
smile.gif
uh, no thanks....it is the agenda of the enemy Satan to get our minds full of questioning the Truth and I'll not play into his hands...May you be blessed by the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Mazhar;42143)
I am aware of most, if not all of them. I am further aware of some that are only 'apparent' in nature. I am aware of these things from codex to codex as well.However, there are not enough, nor is the severity of these enough to make the Word of no effect.I have not really taken an interest in, nor participated in this thread as I am a latecomer to it.I have though seen enough of this thread to see your main point, and I can assure you that I fully understand your main point. Perhaps we should discuss it sometime.As for the videos you posted, I am on dialup and have no interest in such. However, I would be happy to discuss certain items with you.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Hey sister and richard, did u see the videos? Dr. Naik pointed out many contradictions. How can the bible be word of God? It is corrupted and is not the same Injeel which we muslims beleive revealed to prophet jesus pbuh. And Moses pbuh himself anticipated in the bible that it will get corrupted. He was afraid. And he was right.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42286)
Hey sister and richard, did u see the videos? Dr. Naik pointed out many contradictions. How can the bible be word of God? It is corrupted and is not the same Injeel which we muslims beleive revealed to prophet jesus pbuh. And Moses pbuh himself anticipated in the bible that it will get corrupted. He was afraid. And he was right.
Mazhar, this is a Christian forum and we are Christian people...I for one will not watch those videos, I will not buy into your muslim beliefs and I will not listen to your speak of the LORD and SON of God Jesus Christ as if He was just another prophet, as He was NOT...Take your doubtfilling mind game else where...thank you

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
Mazhar, while listening to your words and viewing a few of the videos, I understand your point. However, I think I'm also reading something between the lines. Are you under the belief that the Qur'an is perfect and are you trying to imply such?

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Jackie D;42297)
Mazhar, this is a Christian forum and we are Christian people...I for one will not watch those videos, I will not buy into your muslim beliefs and I will not listen to your speak of the LORD and SON of God Jesus Christ as if He was just another prophet, as He was NOT...Take your doubtfilling mind game else where...thank you
Face the truth if you are a good christian.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Remagoen;42303)
Mazhar, while listening to your words and viewing a few of the videos, I understand your point. However, I think I'm also reading something between the lines. Are you under the belief that the Qur'an is perfect and are you trying to imply such?
Well you mean that Dr.naik is quoting out of context? then brother you prove it. Dr.Cambell acknowledged it that yes there are problems and he can't answer the questions because there is no answer.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Jackie D;42146)
Mazhar wrote:Nope I never noticed. Perhaps the inconsistancies lie in the one reading and not the book itself. Whatever the case may be, you won't convince me that the Word of God is inconsistant....
rolleyes.gif

With all due respect,Sorry,mate,but have you considered that the contradictions might be in your head?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Mazhar;42286)
I've got a great dvd,which shows how muslims became Christians, Jesus appeared to them. And when they became Christians, their families didn't want anything to do with them... the same old story... you know. It's about one and only true living God, not about Muhammed at all, He's got nothing to do with this,He was just a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.