Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hitler was a Catholic and believed in Jesus. What makes your belief different than his?
I dont know nothing about all that. My witness is that by the obedience of one many shall be made righteous. Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hitler was a Catholic and believed in Jesus. What makes your belief different than his?

Hitler was a Catholic in the same sense that I'm a Filipino. I've eaten a little bit of Pancit in my time - lol.

Keep in mind I haven't bothered to read the context of this exchange. I'm just mysteriously attracted to claims that Hitler was a Christian—which I'm sure was not your point at all, Sis. :p

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know it depends on how you look at this question.

Are you someone who believes that faith is needed to please God?

Are you someone who believes that obeying what the Lord Yeshua has said would bring forth deliverance?

In obeying Jesus, does that mean in everything he said? From my understanding it is to believe on the one whom sent him, and to love God and love others, brings salvation by and through the spirit. Those are the three things that seem to be at the top of the list for Christians.

The ant. of obedience is rebellion.

(Everything expressed in this post is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of others).

Thank you for the question,
Matthew

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

AlwaysOnAJourney

Aug 9, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know it depends on how you look at this question.

Are you someone who believes that faith is needed to please God?

Are you someone who believes that obeying what the Lord Yeshua has said would bring forth deliverance?

In obeying Jesus, does that mean in everything he said? From my understanding it is to believe on the one whom sent him, and to love God and love others, brings salvation by and through the spirit. Those are the three things that seem to be at the top of the list for Christians.

The ant. of obedience is rebellion.

(Everything expressed in this post is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion of others).

Thank you for the question,
Matthew

This is one of those issues that got to be correct. Because if a person does not have Salvation correct then they are not saved.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

AlwaysOnAJourney

Aug 9, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not lazy. My anti-psychotic medication I'm still on causes me a lack of motivation so that I only want to do easy things. Can you be more understanding? Thanks, if you will. You should read your bible again, it's There!!!

I do read my bible, and I don't come to same conclusion that you do. I don't have patience with people who just want to lob a comment like they know everything with nothing to back it up.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of those issues that got to be correct. Because if a person does not have Salvation correct then they are not saved.
Are you sure about that? I'm not a universalist in the classical sense, but should we assume that someone else must have the same understanding as ours to keep God's hand from being shortened, that it cannot save, or His ear heavy, that it cannot hear?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @AlwaysOnAJourney

My curious mind wanted to know more. decided to look up some scripture, and here is a list for you to look at if you would like to see.

It is when Jesus said something and appointed the disciples or asked the man with the lame hand to bring forth his hand.
image.jpg

A very useful study bible is called “Thompson Chain Reference Bible”, my mother helped me pay for it this was one with two ribbons and a updated revision NKJV hardcover.

There are cheap ones out there on ebay, amazon, or christianbook.

Love to you and all,
Getting closer to resting time,
Matthew

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do read my bible, and I don't come to same conclusion that you do. I don't have patience with people who just want to lob a comment like they know everything with nothing to back it up.
Sorry that I'm not posting the scriptures today but if you were understanding then you wouldn't be impatient.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

AlwaysOnAJourney

Aug 9, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

I am aware of these scriptures but it doesn't help me any. A couple years ago, I listened to a bible teacher teach on this subject. It troubled me a lot, and I went to my dad to ask him about it. My dad is an ordained minister. I realized real quick that this is a very touchy subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.