Is Sound Doctrine Essential for Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they get from the Bible depending on the preacher, and so what end up happening is you just keep shifting till you find one that fits your lifestyle, with no real change. Is that what Jesus put forth. We see the most basic elements at the start of Christs ministry...

Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

So what is needed?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing the word, repenting of sin, believing Jesus is our propitiation and accepting the " gift of salvation thru his D,B & R is the only means of salvation.

Sound doctrine is how we grow in God and is the building up of our faith in our discipleship walk.
Without sound doctrine one walks in the doctrine of men & demons and belongs to the prince of this world not the king of kings and Lord of Lords!

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they get from the Bible depending on the preacher, and so what end up happening is you just keep shifting till you find one that fits your lifestyle, with no real change. Is that what Jesus put forth. We see the most basic elements at the start of Christs ministry...

Matthew 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

So what is needed?

Yes, sound doctrine is essential. But so many people and groups put an emphasis on things that aren't that important and make whole denominations out of them. I'm reminded of Jesus' words: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." Matthew 23:23 And: "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12 What a lot of people think are weighty matters may not be as weighty as they think.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one gospel. Paul said if anyone teaches another one (even by adding one word to it) it is a different gospel. and whoever does it should be anathema.

Getting or trusting the wrong gospel will not lead you to heaven. However, it leads many to think they are the way to heaven when they are not.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Tim. 3
16 ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Imo, too many take the ingrained doctrine of men by their affiliation's beliefs and cannot let it go.
They continue to hold to these in error of the rightly dividing of the word by, in & of, the Spirit.
Refusing the correction in stubborn rebellion retards their growth by the word and the Spirit.
God does NOT force us to believe, accept nor grow in grace by the word thereby.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Tim. 3
16 ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Imo, too many take the ingrained doctrine of men by their affiliation's beliefs and cannot let it go.
They continue to hold to these in error of the rightly dividing of the word by, in & of, the Spirit.
Refusing the correction in stubborn rebellion retards their growth by the word and the Spirit.
this should be a warning to ALL OF US not to think we have everything perfect. or we are correct and everyone else is wrong.. we should test each spirit. and open our minds to the fact we may be wrong

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one gospel. Paul said if anyone teaches another one (even by adding one word to it) it is a different gospel. and whoever does it should be anathema.

Getting or trusting the wrong gospel will not lead you to heaven. However, it leads many to think they are the way to heaven when they are not.
joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: joy:
POINT TO JESUS CHRIST till the last breath ebbs out of those lungs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Tim. 3

:Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy:
ER WORD IS MEAT FOR THE LAMBS . let us stay DUG in that bible dear sister .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Tim. 3

many no longer want to believe this truth dear sister . but the lambs shall cling to the SOUND DOCTRINE .
men do as men do , lambs do as JESUS said . every word is meat for a lamb . Hit the trenches
its all out war for the souls of men .
Satan rests not and has long crept in through men who do his working . The bible is under attack
as the false love has and is replacing TRUTH for a lie . The lambs gonna stay glued to CHRIST and in that bible .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing the word, repenting of sin, believing Jesus is our propitiation and accepting the " gift of salvation thru his D,B & R is the only means of salvation.

Sound doctrine is how we grow in God and is the building up of our faith in our discipleship walk.
Without sound doctrine one walks in the doctrine of men & demons and belongs to the prince of this world not the king of kings and Lord of Lords!
yet many follow another jesus . the jesus that accepts sin . they have made another jesus created in the image o man
and that now serveth the flesh . ONLY you KNOW why i didnt captilize that other jesus , DONT YA .
Cause it cannot save but can only grave .
Some folks today act like JESUS came to SAVE US FROM THE TRUTH OF GODS HOLY WORDS
as though the GOD of the bible was the monster . WHEN IN TRUTH JESUS came to save us from SINS . and the words of GOD
aint SIN . nor is the WORD OF GOD the ministir of sin . NOR would the love of GOD rejoice in SIN , only IN TRUTH .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many no longer want to believe this truth dear sister . but the lambs shall cling to the SOUND DOCTRINE .
men do as men do , lambs do as JESUS said . every word is meat for a lamb . Hit the trenches
its all out war for the souls of men .
Satan rests not and has long crept in through men who do his working . The bible is under attack
as the false love has and is replacing TRUTH for a lie . The lambs gonna stay glued to CHRIST and in that bible .
It is really sad that I have to agree with you on this, brother.
Sound doctrine, the whole council of God and the plainly written truths are frowned upon today bc they require ppl to lay down sin, deny themselves and walk worthy of the Gospel unto which believers are called.

Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Tim. 3

To sum it up as short as i can allow some parting words .
Todays other jesus seemth to have come to set us free FROM THE JESUS , THE GOD of the bible . OOPS . that dont sound like
JESUS now do it . IT sounds like another has come within christendom to decieve the peoples
into the all out worship of this other one who though it uses the name of JESUS and claimeth the LOVE of GOD
IS NEITHER . ITS THE ONE WHO WONT and CANT set the captives free .
IT has long preached FREEDOM , yet used the word to bring all into BONDAGE .
IN other words it preached a freedom that allows folks to feel free TO SIN , NOT free from SIN .
IT has used liberty too . IT hollers ye have liberty , ye are free , and honors SINS , uses its liberty
to serve NOT GOD but the FLESH . THE DEVIL IS SLICK , but the lambs heed not him nor his minstirs .
FOR GREATER IS HE that is within the lambs then he who is of the world .
Many are in love and fast falling in love with a version of jesus and of god who preaches satans version of what love is .
Beware it . for it will use partial truths like , ye should feed the poor , have unity , come together
and yet it honors sins and other paths to GOD . and YET it disregaurds certain scriptures . IT KNOWS HOW TO LIE
and it decieves through the lusts of the flesh , the pride of life . ITS A FLESH FEEDER
Yet many embrace it and the more they imbrace and have imbraced this image of what they think is GOD and think is love
the more hard hearted and hateful they become against TRUTH , against the very TRUTH which could have saved them
more and more hard hearted against the CHRIST in that bible , THE GOD in that bible , the apostels in that bible .
ITs making them into MONSTERS who hate hate hate any reminder of TRUTH as they chant GOD is love , GOD IS LOVE
not knowing the god they love and embrace AINT GOD , AINT CHRIST . Its another one all right .
He who has always desired to be as GOD . LAMBS WONT FOLLOW THAT ONE or its men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is really sad that I have to agree with you on this, brother.
Sound doctrine, the whole council of God and the plainly written truths are frowned upon today bc they require ppl to lay down sin, deny themselves and walk worthy of the Gospel unto which believers are called.

Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
a good example of what i mean about the more they fall in love with this false love
the more they will truly hate the truth and those who speak it can be seen . I SEEN IT YESTERDAY .
as i was called a hater and the same one said THEY would happily let me be KILLED , LYNCHED .
no need to name the person . BUT i wanted to show us this example .
THEY call me a HATER cause i dont agree to the gay agenda
and yet seemed to juistfy if the so called gays and others LYNCHED ME . AND my words were
Well if that did happen , dont try and stop them , JUST PRAY FOR THEIR FORGIVENSS . YEAH PRAY FOR THEIR FORGIVENSS .
YET they think WE THE HATERS . these people act as though the words of GOD and of CHRISt and of the apostels ARE HATE
and yet they talk all day long about love love love . Rather odd cause the last time i checked
when did love become KILL WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU . I AM TELLING US ALL THIS IS THE PATH the CHURCHES are on .
THE TIME will come when we are killed they will think they do GODS SERVICE .
SISTER IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE and VERY VERY FAST TOO . OH WELL , WE GOT THE LORD , PARADISE awaits the lambs .
AND It will be an ice cold day in a very hot place long before i consider GODS WORDS TO BE HATE SPEECH . WE better armour up
is all i can say . NOW HIT them trenches sister . lambs fear not men or what they can do to us .
Forgiving those who hate us and would even harm and or kill us . BUT WE WONT CONFORM ONE WORD ONE OUNCE
in their direction . TO GOD , TO CHRIST be the glory . NO matter the cost .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ alone is what leads to Salvation.
Anything less is false doctrine. Anything that abrogates Jesus' teaching and adds that of men is false.

Baptism deniers are false.
Gods laws,written on our hearts, deniers are false.

Many claim the name of Jesus. Few are known by God, by name.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ alone is what leads to Salvation.
Anything less is false doctrine. Anything that abrogates Jesus' teaching and adds that of men is false.

Baptism deniers are false.
Gods laws,written on our hearts, deniers are false.

Many claim the name of Jesus. Fare known by God, by name.
lambs dont DENY the things JESUS said to do . IF JESUS said it lambs embrace and do it . For the love of GOD
has truly been shed upon their hearts from above . IF the early church taught it and did it , WE DO IT .
Now raise those hands and let the glorious KING be praised .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ol amigo got to thinking . So now my question is how come so many are going under the sway , influence , mindset
of the ever growing false all inclusive social gospel . AND WHY O WHY are so many keeping unity with them .
I mean anathema . but it seems that for unity sake folks are rather just finding common ground
and THAT IS WHY FOLKS ARE FALLING FOR IT in TIME . Guess it be time we got us in some bible again .
Cause i sure see lots of unity with those who are preaching n teaching the social all inclusive lovsple they try and call a gospel .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ol amigo got to thinking . So now my question is how come so many are going under the sway , influence , mindset
of the ever growing false all inclusive social gospel . AND WHY O WHY are so many keeping unity with them .
I mean anathema . but it seems that for unity sake folks are rather just finding common ground
and THAT IS WHY FOLKS ARE FALLING FOR IT in TIME . Guess it be time we got us in some bible again .
Cause i sure see lots of unity with those who are preaching n teaching the social all inclusive lovsple they try and call a gospel .
The Bible calls it the falling away that will come in the last days.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I think we must consider not everyone who claims to know Jesus does.

Trolls have existed since the Net began. No exception for our communities.

You know they are unbelieving Trolls by how they post as enemies of Gospel truth they actually know nothing about. And most are too lazy to study so to pass as a Christian.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doctrine teaches us to see God as the one from whom and through whom and to whom all things exist, and doctrine directs our lives to this God's glory (Rom. 11:36; 1 Cor. 8:6).

Then you get those who teach religious talk...that’s all it is “ talk” ..

Good News Translation
'These people, says God, honor me with their words, but their heart is really far away from me.

There words are full of condemnation...they preach what they believe to be the word.....wherefore, it’s only their word, ..which fall on deaf ears in my case.

Only the “ Living “ word of God can penetrate this child’s heart.....not manmade crap!.....that one in particular preaches all over this forum ....

All they do is condemn others....as if they are God themselves!!....Lip serve....they only have imo, head knowledge....not knowing how “ vital” heart knowledge is to growth in the Spirit.

2 Peter 3 tells us to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” This is not referring to physical growth like you might see from a plant. Rather, this passage is referring to spiritual growth and growing closer to God.

You can only grow closer to God through your heart// spirit.....not the head.....that’s why as God’s word says..

You must be “ BORN AGAIN “ to see the Kingdom of God.......which is “heart knowledge “ not ridiculous “ head knowledge “.....

Romans 8:1​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

A Born Again is in the Spirit......period.......they aren’t blindly leading themselves through scripture......and taking pot shots at randomly posting scripture ......head knowledge is all some have, imo.....

Being Born of the Spirit is God’s true doctrine....without the Spirit in your spirit......you are NOTHING.....

God’s Spirit must be Alive And Living in your Heart/ Spirit.....a Born Again knows this from day one of the rebirth.....

Then and only then can the Holy Spirit teach you and guide you through God’s Living word......you rely solely on him....knowledge comes from God as does the rebirth.....it does NOT come from man/ woman.

Only God can bring you into his presence and he does it via Holy Spirit.

Jude 1:24–25 Keeps Us from StumblingWe are prone to stumble. We need to fix our eyes continually on the only one who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present us blameless before the presence of his glory. God is able to do this, to present us blameless by his grace before the presence of his glory

Praise His Holy Name!.....as only he is worthy of Praise.

Last edited: