Is the Bible lying ?... Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is why your response surprised me a little. It was as if you were saying I should just post the Testimony and then crawl under a rock somewhere....
I purposely stick to the things other believers have shown me does exist in the Bible, as I have found that most Christians won't even begin to talk with you, unless you do so.....
But others I just write with privately, there is no point me going on and on in large posts if it all just gets rejected without a single thought, as I see so many doing here...
Well I am glad that we sorted that one out.... :)

Your repeated insistence that your visitation was true is what ruined your testimony. At least for me it did. I was ok with your postings until you went after those of us who rely completely on the scriptures for our understanding of God. That's what killed your testimony.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your repeated insistence that your visitation was true is what ruined your testimony. At least for me it did. I was ok with your postings until you went after those of us who rely completely on the scriptures for our understanding of God. That's what killed your testimony.
Did you not speak of spiritual experiences ? Sorry if insisting on the truth is so offensive to you.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you not speak of spiritual experiences ? Sorry if insisting on the truth is so offensive to you.

This is what I find offensive.

The fact that people don't do that, indicates to me, that they're simply not willing to get to KNOW Christ, and in my book that would make them anti Christ,

Those who take it upon themselves to lead others purely by their understanding of what has been written is a GROSS error and a misuse of what was written.

Your condemnation is not warranted.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now since so many want to hear, I will post 3 things teh Lord has shown me. One you will find in the bible the other 2 are personal one of which i have shared on another forum.
These all came about after my wife had left me, that bit about loving less...

I was taken up into a heaven by teh spirit, there seems to be may, it was like I was looking up into a blue skye. From the right a scroll came into view, it than opened, it had an accusation on it, teh person name I do not know, at teh bottom it said "Guilty" Than a second scroll came into view, same story, scroll opened at teh bottom was stated guilty. Than a third came into view, this one too with an accusation, and My name on it. But this one at the bottom was stated, Not Guilty, Scroll closed and vision ended.

Another time I was taken up into a heaven, by teh spirit. this one was baron, a place of judgement, in the distance I could see my X and her boyfriend. Than a voice called out from Heaven, " and who will Judge these two"?, I answered, I will Lord I will judge them." And than He asked, " and how do you find them", ?? I responded, " not guilty, theyhave done nothing wrong". Vision ended.

I just realised you will find that one in teh bible.. And you will judge'...

Third one. Again I was taken up into a heaven, this time I was standing in front of what at first looks was a dry creek bed. Than all of a sudden they began to shine and glimmer, than I realised they where precious stones, and that the whole layout was of teh Milky Way. Than an arm appeared from the left, and a finger started moving teh stones around. So i asked, and what are these, and a voice responded, these are my precious stones. And teh vision ended.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

And that is nothing compared to other testimonies,

Reactions: pia and amadeus

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now since so many want to hear, I will post 3 things teh Lord has shown me. One you will find in the bible the other 2 are personal one of which i have shared on another forum.
These all came about after my wife had left me, that bit about loving less...

I was taken up into a heaven by teh spirit, there seems to be may, it was like I was looking up into a blue skye. From the right a scroll came into view, it than opened, it had an accusation on it, teh person name I do not know, at teh bottom it said "Guilty" Than a second scroll came into view, same story, scroll opened at teh bottom was stated guilty. Than a third came into view, this one too with an accusation, and My name on it. But this one at the bottom was stated, Not Guilty, Scroll closed and vision ended.

Another time I was taken up into a heaven, by teh spirit. this one was baron, a place of judgement, in the distance I could see my X and her boyfriend. Than a voice called out from Heaven, " and who will Judge these two"?, I answered, I will Lord I will judge them." And than He asked, " and how do you find them", ?? I responded, " not guilty, theyhave done nothing wrong". Vision ended.

I just realised you will find that one in teh bible.. And you will judge'...

Third one. Again I was taken up into a heaven, this time I was standing in front of what at first looks was a dry creek bed. Than all of a sudden they began to shine and glimmer, than I realised they where precious stones, and that the whole layout was of teh Milky Way. Than an arm appeared from the left, and a finger started moving teh stones around. So i asked, and what are these, and a voice responded, these are my precious stones. And teh vision ended.

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

And that is nothing compared to other testimonies,

Would you call these experiences you had, visions?
If so, would you say there is a real distinction between visions and the face to face encounters with a man you call Jesus?
I'm asking because I do think there is a real difference.
Visions are certainly Biblical. But, the face to face encounters with Jesus are something else, I think.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Visions are certainly Biblical. But, the face to face encounters with Jesus are something else, I think.
I have stood with Him too, but that is another story for me and Him not for anyone else.

If you want to keep God in a box, than in your box He will remain. God is not limited by what He can do, He is limited by what men let Him do.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then why bring up your encounter at all?
Just one last thing Job as you seem to have misunderstood something.......I bring it up so other Christians can reach out for Him, call out to Him as a REAL person, and begin to have a real relationship with Him....It is not a 'story' about me, but about the fact that He can reach even, an up til then, unbeliever and save them.
He is real !!!! Why should I not want to share that ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what I find offensive.

Your condemnation is not warranted.
What would you call those who refuse a relationship with the risen Christ ? I wasn't saying THE antichrist ! Didn't Paul even say something about a spirit of the antichrist already being in the world and in the ones of disobedience ?
I was not condemning you or any person in particular, but I think it fair and right to speak against those, as I have met, who control others by their knowledge of the Bible, and you must admit that different people get different things out of reading their Bibles, if not, we would only have one denomination and there would be zero room for discussion among Christians.
I don't like those who twist various scriptures and make doctrines out of them, leaving the real issue of the Risen Christ to be merely a footnote...
I surely didn't mean to offend you Job. Had thought you were as interested in Truth as I am, I will certainly keep pressing into Him because the more I think I know, the more there is to find out, and the more I think I understand a thing, He can suddenly add something I had not previously seen.
In the Bible it says one line " He overcame the darkness"......took Him years of various different things He showed me and then one day He finished with :" Now do you understand?" .....At that moment I did, but how on earth am I supposed to write all that ? Besides I am not a teacher or preacher, I am just a normal everyday person, who was allowed an extraordinary experience ( in my view ) and who has tried to get other Christians to reach out to Him or call out to Him, to help them realize that the one they say they worship, is right there with them ! But mostly His Love for us, which sadly is not really a topic of interest to Christians either, I have noticed...
I am sad that you received what I wrote that way, but it is after all, up to you...I certainly cannot make Jesus real for anyone else, but they can allow Him to be real in their own lives, if they are willing......
Incidentally I HAVE written a couple of things, like you suggested, but most of it gets drowned out by someone latching on to one sentence, ignoring all the rest, just to take pot shots....I don't believe it avails anything so I didn't write much more on that.
I really can't get my knickers in a twist because you or someone else doesn't believe me, why should you, you don't know me from a bar of soap....However I had thought that the Truth He spoke to me, would have rung some bells in peoples hearts...........

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One doesn't have to walk side by side with Jesus in order to have a personal relationship with Him.

I'm surprised He didn't explain that to you over the last 30 years.

John 20
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Reactions: GodsGrace

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One doesn't have to walk side by side with Jesus in order to have a personal relationship with Him.

I'm surprised He didn't explain that to you over the last 30 years.

John 20
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
But that's all I have been saying ...HE IS by our side, whether we can see Him or not.....Whether we engage or not, is up to us, He won't force His way in...
I have reminded of that scripture often.......
All I am trying to do is to help anyone become aware of His Presence with them,...You Know Jesus = God WITH us !
I am at a loss at the hostility ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, me too.

I'm letting this go. I suggest you do the same.
Ok Job...This saddens me to tell you the truth, and I can certainly refrain from writing to you...What I cannot do, and I hope that is not what you meant, is to drop the one and only thing in this life I have absolute surety of, the one thing which makes me immovable, and that is the Living Word of God, My Savior Jesus, revealed......

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I cannot do, and I hope that is not what you meant, is to drop the one and only thing in this life I have absolute surety of, the one thing which makes me immovable, and that is the Living Word of God, My Savior Jesus, revealed......

Never crossed my mind.

Reactions: pia and Helen