Is the Bible lying ?... Was Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
.someone else told me of a different one, but I still don't have much luck with those things.
some are more intuitive than others, i like Biblehub because the Lex and Concordance are easy to access, and for other reasons. Biblecc is also popular...but now i am seeing that they are the same as Biblehub now, i guess they merged or something.

do you know how to copy and paste?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
like, a physical copy? You are using a concordance to search for a familiar word or phrase of Scripture to tell you what v it is, right?
I do, as I didn't know the Bible at all until I was in my high 30's, and I can't recall sections readily, nor have I even read all of it. Since most believers won't listen to a single thing unless it can be substantiated by the written record, I do use that concordance a whole lot lol....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
some are more intuitive than others, i like Biblehub because the Lex and Concordance are easy to access, and for other reasons. Biblecc is also popular...but now i am seeing that they are the same as Biblehub now, i guess they merged or something.

do you know how to copy and paste?
These days I am happy to say that I do....Took me a while to remember how to do it, as it's not something I do often...
I must really have a look at that Biblehub, a couple of people have mentioned that there are those sights....
I have both a concordance and a Bible dictionary ( hard copies ), which is what I have used since getting a Bible, but it can be slow going that way....I shall endevour to look for it when I am done on the forum this morning....thanks :)

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These days I am happy to say that I do....Took me a while to remember how to do it, as it's not something I do often...
I must really have a look at that Biblehub, a couple of people have mentioned that there are those sights....
I have both a concordance and a Bible dictionary ( hard copies ), which is what I have used since getting a Bible, but it can be slow going that way....I shall endevour to look for it when I am done on the forum this morning....thanks :)

Click the link below.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Reactions: Helen and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you
I have it bookmarked now, so I will take some time and see if I can navigate it. I once got a program called E-Sword, but I have a lot of trouble with that. I can't find things I am looking for on that one, and it doesn't seem to have a working concordance....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Most Christians I have met, from whichever denomination, has a lot of trouble believing that the Resurrected Jesus, can and does choose to Manifest Himself at times, so I went looking in the Bible....The following is some of what I found...( I can't physically type the entire chapters, so please read them for yourselves )
Matthew 28 : All
Speaks of the women going to the tomb, finding the angels there who tell them He is Risen and to go tell the disciples, saying :" He will go before you into Galilee."
Jesus then comes to them and His final Word to them is this :" I am with you ALWAYS, even till the end of the age ( or world as it says in some translations ).
Mark 16 : All

Reads very similar to the book of Matthew....Mary told the disciples....They didn't believe the women.
Jesus met two men on the road.........They told the disciples.....They didn't believe them.
Mk16:14 In this verse Jesus appears before the 11 and rebukes them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had Risen.

Luke 24 : All
A man who is named Cleopas and another man are on a road, Jesus goes with them, and He ends up having dinner with them, and as He does and breaks the bread, He vanishes before their sight and they suddenly know who had been sharing their time and food with them.
It makes a point of saying that Jesus opened the SCRIPTURES for them...Whenever scripture is referred to, it is talking about the Law and the Prophets. He showed them how He had fulfilled them, it says....
In verse 36......Jesus comes among the disciples and speaks to Thomas:
" Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself...Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bone, as you see I HAVE."
He goes on to tell them they will receive the promised Holy Spirit from the Father..

John 20 and 21 :
Jn:20 is filled with references with Jesus being seen and heard for some time after He had Risen.
Jn20:27....Then Jesus said to Thomas:" Reach your finger here and look at My hands, and reach your hand and put it into My side.
Do not be unbelieving BUT believing."
29) Because you have seen Me, you believe. Blessed are they who have not seen and believed
All these things were before the Day of Pentecost.
Acts 2: 21 And it shall come to pass, that WHOEVER calls upon the name of the Lord, SHALL BE SAVED......

I am, but one of many, who can verify the Truth of those written words. I was blessed to be saved upon calling and witness to both His appearance and the fact that He can be solid, as I was able to lean on Him at a certain time.
Yet I get ridiculed and outright rejected, made fun of, have to endure endless sarcastic remarks, EVEN when people can find the very things I pass on, in their Bibles, it may be written in slightly different language, but it is the same.... He is capable of speaking quite normal, but we have always been able to see, when someone has shown me a scripture, exactly what He's saying.......
So what am I supposed to do with that ????
Am I supposed to say to Him :" Lord this is just too hard, I had better not speak up...Perhaps I should give in to those who reject what you do and say ? Give in to the hurt and discomfort in having so many people, who say they are believers in you, turn on me and basically calling me a liar, for only saying what You said to me ?
Or perhaps I will remember the last words you spoke to me that first night :" Remember ! I am always here, whether you can see Me or not ! With the last words He disappeared from my sight, but I could still hear Him..
John 14:18......"I will not leave you orphans.
I will come to you.".
John 14:21.....They who love Me will be loved by My Father and I will love them and manifest Myself to them."........

WAS HE LYING ?

John 17:3.........And this is eternal Life....That they may KNOW You, the only True God AND Jesus Christ, whom You sent....

The point, as I have been shown so far, is that we have been given the opportunity to have a restored relationship with God, but as yet we cannot stand before Him......
But we can stand before Jesus and He before us, and once we believe with all of our hearts, we can also receive the promise, The Holy Spirit to be ANOTHER Helper.........
Adam walked in the garden in the cool of the day WITH God...
We are offered to LIVE with Him, while here on earth with Jesus and the Holy Spirit ( who are one with the Father ).

Humans may be the only creatures, we are aware of, who can CHOOSE to Love and appreciate God.
Angels may know how to praise Him but LOVE is the very substance of God, which He used when He made man. But it got soiled and mixed up with another substance, which has now been condemned to the flesh, thanks to what Jesus did.
We are now able to stand IN Christ, clean and pure, forgiven and accepted in the Beloved, and invited into fellowship with Him.....In and through His Spirit...

WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US !!!!!!!!!

So to those here who think it good sport to have cheap shots at me, bring it on, because I am not running...
I am no teacher nor preacher, but I do have a couple of things to share, which I KNOW to be the total 100% Truth, as well as an invitation to give, that He asked me to give, but not here.

Why should I not tell the Truth ?
Well said pia, I concur. I've only heard his audible voice once that I can recall. It's something that you never forget.

Reactions: pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pia said this : "Most Christians I have met, from whichever denomination, has a lot of trouble believing that the Resurrected Jesus, can and does choose to Manifest Himself at times, so I went looking in the Bible."

But, are there any physical, person to person, manifestations of Jesus in the Bible after His ascension? I'm not sure, but I don't think any of the writers/apostles/disciples had face to face encounters with Jesus after His ascension, as Pia does.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, you saw that i made Biblehub a link, right? and it should greatly speed up your Bible search, when you use the search bar in there as your concordance, basically. I see there is a "concordance" button on the site, but i never even clicked that, and i used to use a Concordance the same way you are doing now, and now i never do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have it bookmarked now, so I will take some time and see if I can navigate it. I once got a program called E-Sword, but I have a lot of trouble with that. I can't find things I am looking for on that one, and it doesn't seem to have a working concordance....
ya, got that too, the online ones are just superior now imo

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the E-Sword, and if your version is like mine all you have to do to search for a word or a phrase is click on the image of a pair of binoculars [located just above the scripture verse window] which will bring up another large window with the words "Bible Search" in the upper left hand corner. When it comes up it is preset to search the entire bible, but you can reset the "search range" or click the little down arrow to the right of the word "Bible" for other pre-selected search groups [Old Testament, Minor prophets, Paul's letters, etc.]

If you are searching for a phrase of more than one word, change the little window so it reads "search for exact phrase" rather than "search for all of the words".

To actually do the search once you have the settings click on the image of a pair of binoculars located on the right side of this window.

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have the E-Sword, and if your version is like mine all you have to do to search for a word or a phrase is click on the image of a pair of binoculars [located just above the scripture verse window] which will bring up another large window with the words "Bible Search" in the upper left hand corner. When it comes up it is preset to search the entire bible, but you can reset the "search range" or click the little down arrow to the right of the word "Bible" for other pre-selected search groups [Old Testament, Minor prophets, Paul's letters, etc.]

If you are searching for a phrase of more than one word, change the little window so it reads "search for exact phrase" rather than "search for all of the words".

To actually do the search once you have the settings click on the image of a pair of binoculars located on the right side of this window.
you gotta admit that it is pretty clunky though, compared to the stuff online now?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I don't know why...but for me biblehub often wont copy...when I go to paste the scripture I think I have copied...it is either blank..or I get a copy of something else I copied!!:rolleyes:
So I have quit with BibleHub myself...I use Gateway...I prefer it now..CLICK THIS...and maybe bookmark it too..just in case.
OFFICIAL KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE: AUTHORIZED KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) Even though it says King James...which is what I always use...all the other are there...you can change it.
To be truthful...I usually use Google...that will find any scripture...even if it's misquoted. Ha! ( or misspelled , which I do all the time..)

@bbyrd009 I now notice that not all my arrows back up to the post needed work now..some do..but more don't ...I think you put a curse on it when you said that yours didn't always work...mine was just fine until then.
..Capture_smiley.jpg

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know why...but for me biblehub often wont copy...when I go to paste the scripture I think I have copied...it is either blank..or I get a copy of something else I copied!!:rolleyes:
So I have quit with BibleHub myself...I use Gateway...I prefer it now..
OFFICIAL KING JAMES BIBLE ONLINE: AUTHORIZED KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) Even though it says King James...which is what I always use...all the other are there...you can change it.
To be truthful...I usually use Google...that will find any scripture...even if it's misquoted. Ha! ( or misspelled , which I do all the time..)

@bbyrd009 I now notice that not all my arrows back up to the post needed work now..some do..but more don't ...I think you put a curse on it when you said that yours didn't always work...mine was just fine until then.
..View attachment 1139
ha, weird, mine are all pretty much working now, after several days. hmm.

and google does seem to work best for inexact phrases, ya.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
E-Sword has been sufficient for me so far. Never really liked Biblehub.

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pair of binoculars [located just above the scripture verse window]
Gosh...Talk about feeling silly...I can't even remember exactly what the page looks like now, I had actually given up using it, and went on to the concordance I have in the hard copy...I have a couple of options now...thanks to everyone helping me with that....:)

Reactions: amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks so much.....I would have no doubt been miffed if I had found yet another one which I couldn't operate, so you are saving me time and 'exasperation'....Have bookmarked your link, and I had already forgotten about google....
Wonderful :D

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok, you saw that i made Biblehub a link, right? and it should greatly speed up your Bible search, when you use the search bar in there as your concordance, basically. I see there is a "concordance" button on the site, but i never even clicked that, and i used to use a Concordance the same way you are doing now, and now i never do.
I did and bookmarked it....Thanks...although 'ByGrace' was just saying that she sometimes have trouble with it...Thanks though