Is the Easter Bunny a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

• Total voters

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My childhood was a bit sad, but I made the best of it - and we celebrated all the usual/traditional holidays. You've got all this backwards and I tend to think you know that.

All stories that use Biblical concepts, or even Biblical names, are rip-offs of the Bible. That's not just to say they stole plots or names, but they hijacked them. That's what the devil does. He hijacks every good thing God creates and uses it for his purposes.

Ask any kid who Santa is and of course they know.

Ask any kid who God is, or what the Bible teaches about anything similar to the Xmas Fairy Tale, and the vast majority don't have a clue. That's the problem.

All of the Hollywood movies that use names from the Bible aren't just a simple insult to the sacredness of the Book, but they hijack, they overlay, the Truth from Scripture with a fictitious character/story so when you ask somebody who a character in the Bible is, they'll tell you "Oh yeah, that's the character from that movie!" or "That's the character from my video game!"

Santa, the Easter bunny or Tooth Fairy don't teach kids anything about the Bible. They supplant the Bible; they take the place of it in their minds.

Do you see how the devil builds over top of God's Truth, to bury it, so that the upcoming generations don't learn the True stories, or source, of that Biblical information?

Of course you don't.
Tears...

Again, you misunderstand--not knowing what your Father in heaven has done and how He is working.

His strength is made perfect in weakness.

He allowed Adam to fall--for the earth to be destroyed. He allowed, even arranged for Moses to be sent down the river and to be raised by Pharaoh. He allowed for the killing of the prophets. He allowed bloodshed and animal sacrifices--no commanded it. He even allowed the sacrifice of children. He allowed Israel His chosen to be left to their own devices, to come under attack and be sent into captivity, even to go against Him and to crucify their promised Messiah, ending in their blindness. He has allowed wolves to enter into the church and cause great delusion, and left the tares to grow with the wheat. He did not allow peace but sent a sword among us, and allowed--no arranged, to divide the light from the darkness, that all flesh should be sacrificed--as to live is Christ!

And, yes, it is good, very good, because He has also saved us at every turn--and arranged for our rescue. But like the killing of the prophets and those sent--even His own did not perceive things as they actually are, and all that He has done--that it is He who has done this, and many helped Satan on their way down, as we see here.

And most got it wrong.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Easter Bunny a fraud? When you discover that the chocolate bunny is hollow, that seems fraudulent to me...

Exactly. He's not only a fraud but a thief. I bet the original chocolate bunnies were all solid, but some cost-cutting accountant showed up and told him how much money he could save, and the next thing you know we're all getting ripped off.

Word is the whole Cadbury Bunny try outs thing started as a media cover up to distract us from the truth.

Easter Bunny = Corporate Shill

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tears...

Again, you misunderstand--not knowing what your Father in heaven has done and how He is working.

His strength is made perfect in weakness.

He allowed Adam to fall--for the earth to be destroyed. He allowed, even arranged for Moses to be sent down the river and to be raised by Pharaoh. He allowed for the killing of the prophets. He allowed bloodshed and animal sacrifices--no commanded it. He even allowed the sacrifice of children. He allowed Israel His chosen to be left to their own devices, to come under attack and be sent into captivity, even to go against Him and to crucify their promised Messiah, ending in their blindness. He has allowed wolves to enter into the church and cause great delusion, and left the tares to grow with the wheat. He did not allow peace but sent a sword among us, and allowed--no arranged, to divide the light from the darkness, that all flesh should be sacrificed--as to live is Christ!

And, yes, it is good, very good, because He has also saved us at every turn--and arranged for our rescue. But like the killing of the prophets and those sent--even His own did not perceive things as they actually are, and all that He has done--that it is He who has done this, and many helped Satan on their way down, as we see here.

And most got it wrong.
This is delusional, brainwashed, thinking.

By this logic, there is nothing at all for us, as Christians, to fight against. And the Bible is very clear we are in a war.
Ephesians 6:12

This is more of your OSAS 'nothing can ever go wrong because God's in control' nonsense.

More of your New Age 'nothing is inherently evil, sin isn't really sin - it's temptation that is evil, BUT only if we give in.' tripe.

It's all manure and twisting of the Truth, Scott. Since the very first post I ever read of yours, that is your eternal angle.

Take something that is so obviously light/dark and swear on everything holy that it's really the opposite.

It's a waste of time to try and get through to you, because you already know you're lying; but it's worth it to correct you a little while for those who haven't quite put it together yet.

I'm done with ya on this one. Somebody else will be along to pick up the torch and continue correcting your nonsense. It's a futile endeavor to try and reach the end of it all with you because your intentions are insincere.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is delusional, brainwashed, thinking.

By this logic, there is nothing at all for us, as Christians, to fight against. And the Bible is very clear we are in a war.
Ephesians 6:12

This is more of your OSAS 'nothing can ever go wrong because God's in control' nonsense.

More of your New Age 'nothing is inherently evil, sin isn't really sin - it's temptation that is evil, BUT only if we give in.' tripe.

It's all manure and twisting of the Truth, Scott. Since the very first post I ever read of yours, that is your eternal angle.

Take something that is so obviously light/dark and swear on everything holy that it's really the opposite.

It's a waste of time to try and get through to you, because you already know you're lying; but it's worth it to correct you a little while for those who haven't quite put it together yet.

I'm done with ya on this one. Somebody else will be along to pick up the torch and continue correcting your nonsense. It's a futile endeavor to try and reach the end of it all with you because your intentions are insincere.
You do not understand your Father in heaven, or my explanation.

Of course there is evil--the point is, He has delivered us to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that our spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 1 Corinthians 5:5 But you all would lie with your Father's wife, that He should take away His spirit of gentleness.

I have said enough.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Easter fast approaching I thought I would ask this question. When I asked it of Santa Clause I found about half of the voters voted yes and half voted no.

My sister and I never had the Easter Bunny but my arguments are the same as with Santa Clause... Their both frauds

- We are lying to children
- They take the focus away from Christ
- By definition they are frauds

So then... What do you think?
The Easter bunny used to hide eggs and candy in our backyard, I think.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you get hooked on Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as a child, you are forever in it's debt to continue these rituals of consumerism or take some heat for avoiding them. This is called coming out of BABYLON!

I mean yeah, I grew up with all the presents and the goodies and the candy, and then I had a child and passed it onto her, and she passed it onto my grandson. So by the time it is fully infiltrated into society, no one even has a clue what is was supposed to be. Or what we were told it was supposed to mean. I mean, how innocent is it?

This is one of those carnal topics that make me feel uneasy.

Is it better to have faith in the Easter bunny and Santa Claus than it is the gospel and all the things Jesus did for us?
And then have to break that little sliver of faith that kids put in them by telling them that, oh by the way, I lied to you,
and now you have to pass that lie on down to your children and your children's children.
Otherwise the world will look at you strange. Or, oh look how mean those parents are, they don't follow us.

My grandson is autistic. That particular road of passing down lies has met it's dead end.

You know what's coming this fall? Holidays. You know what else is coming this fall? Famine.
And not just food famine either. Famine of christians and the word of God.

And they don't want you teaching or preaching or singing or praising or worshipping or gathering.. anymore.

And the more you buy into their world, the farther you get from God's kingdom.

You can't serve God and mammon.

hugs

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Easter fast approaching I thought I would ask this question. When I asked it of Santa Clause I found about half of the voters voted yes and half voted no.

My sister and I never had the Easter Bunny but my arguments are the same as with Santa Clause... Their both frauds

- We are lying to children
- They take the focus away from Christ
- By definition they are frauds

So then... What do you think?
Amen brother! When my daughter found out Santa was a lie she flat out said "You lied"!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why burden yourself with this nonsense?

We know what has become a part of the Christian religion. Stop debating what the atheists believe. They don't matter during or in the celebration of the birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Who cares whether or not the energizer bunny has new batteries or not? Our focus is on Passover and what happened in Jerusalem.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not as many people believe in the Easter Bunny as they do Santa Clause... Hmm I wonder why. Their both as fraudulent as each other and they both require you to lie to children.

So to me their the same... Frauds... Taking the attention from our true saviour... Christ
But but but ! Will no one think of the Easter Bunny ! you could hurt the feelings of such a one ?
We want a Gay Easter Bunny !
It's all about what people want !

I do like Choc eggs etc tho, but when i was a child we only had boiled eggs, that we had painted and then we moved up to them sugar Easter eggs and inside they had flat sugar tablet's inside with something written on them.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We want a Gay Easter Bunny !

Ahahahaha that's soon funny but the sad thing is that I bet someone on calling for a gay Easter bunny. In drag. Hahaha. Only you could come out with that Reggie. Classic

Bugs Bunny used to wear dresses sometimes to fool the opposition, remember. Or was that part of the indoctrination of children

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm going to suggest that the Easter bunny isn't a fraud. The intent of any fraud is to deceive. No-one I suggest is deceived by an Easter bunny. I would suggest on fact that more people are deceived by Easter itself, believing it to be the correct institutional celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus. The fact that many eat chocolate eggs and bunnies and stuff really doesn't enter into it. No more than Father Christmas enters into any fraud discussions over Christmas.

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. He's not only a fraud but a thief. I bet the original chocolate bunnies were all solid, but some cost-cutting accountant showed up and told him how much money he could save, and the next thing you know we're all getting ripped off.

Word is the whole Cadbury Bunny try outs thing started as a media cover up to distract us from the truth.

Easter Bunny = Corporate Shill

images

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-13_21-24-17.jpeg
    upload_2022-4-13_21-24-17.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm going to suggest that the Easter bunny isn't a fraud. The intent of any fraud is to deceive.
And the fraudulent bunny is bound and determined to deceive since rabbits do not lay eggs, let alone deliver colored eggs to people! Here is how the legend of the Easter bunny began:

"Easter Bunny first came to be used as a symbol for Easter by German Protestants. It is said that the legend of the Easter bunny (Oschter Haws = Easter Hare) was introduced to the United States by German settlers (called Pennsylvania Dutch) in the 1700s. This was soon followed by the tradition of making nests for the rabbit to lay its eggs. These nets were originally made from bonnets, hats or fancy paper boxes. Eventually, nests became decorated baskets, and candy and other small treats were added to the baskets in addition to the colorful eggs. Over the past centuries, Easter bunny has become one of the most commercially recognized religious symbols."

Acting like Santa Claus, only good children would get eggs. Bad children would get rabbit "pellets". Now if that isn't fraudulent, then nothing is (other than Joe Biden sitting in the White House).

Can you imagine? Three Christian posters actually believe that the Easter Bunny is NOT fraudulent?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why burden yourself with this nonsense?

We know what has become a part of the Christian religion. Stop debating what the atheists believe. They don't matter during or in the celebration of the birth and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Who cares whether or not the energizer bunny has new batteries or not? Our focus is on Passover and what happened in Jerusalem.
Except Jesus Himself said that His true followers are to celebrate His death, not His birth or resurrection. The traditions of Orthodox Christianity holds 0 relevance compared to what Jesus commanded. A Christian is supposed to do what He said and follow His example, not follow the words and example of counterfeit Christianity's leaders.

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never actually met an Easter Bunny.

Now I did watch Bugs Bunny a lot when I was a kid. He could be VERY deceptive, as many a character found out.

2:32+ was one of my favorites.

My handle was the Easter Bunny back in the old CB days (Citizens Band for you young'uns. Popular in the 70s-very much a fad after the release of the song "Convoy")