Is the Gift of Salvation nullified by the consequences of refusal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OMGoodness.
Sorry to hear him say that. He speaks for evangelicalism. (fundies)
The predestination thing is a mess. What sort of God would do that?
Born to burn?

--- PARODY ---

God: Welcome to the afterlife.
Person: Who are you?
God: I created you for my own purposes.
Person: Like what.
God: For destruction.
Person: What does that mean?
God: It means eternal conscious torment.
Person: Why?
God: It was my choice for you.
Person: What did I do to deserve this.
God: You were born a sinner.
Person: Not by my choice.
God: Right. By my choice.
Person: Was that fair?
God: It doesn't matter. You can't stop me.
Person: Who did you say you were again?
You sound more like the Devil than God.

/
Of course, WLK doesn't view this as predestination. According to Molinism, God knew every choice everyone would make in every possible world, including this one. He knew those in Ooga Booga (both Lower and Upper) would reject Him of their own free will, so He arranged for them to be placed there. (Actually, I shouldn't speak for WLK. He may have just been thinking out loud. I have heard him say a few pretty wild things for someone of his stature.)

Lower Ooga Booga no longer exists. After they had eaten a succession of missionaries, the Inquisition pretty much decimated the population. What used to be Lower Ooga Booga is now a Walmart distribution center in the SE corner of Kenya. Tragic.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OK, but I do think we all tend to fall in love with our own ideas. I try to view my own from the perspective of "This is a way of thinking about" whatever the mystery may be - a way that resonates with me, that I am capable of believing.

James 1:8

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Pre-planned before creation, the created had to fall. And then turn to the source of the fall to save them.

Not "Pre-planned" but "fore-known"..

Let me show you..

Now, you are going to post again.... READERS.
And God "Fore-knew" you would, before you were born.

That is not God pre-destining you to post... that is God's Foreknowledge as His "all knowing".

The Bible is the same.
You can open a bible 3500 yrs ago and it will tell you that Jesus is on the Way.
But that is not the Bible pre-destining Jesus, that is God Foreknowing He's coming and writing it down as revelation.

Open the NT.

"The TRIB is on the way"..

That is not the Bible pre-destining the Trib to happen........that is God showing you its coming because He foreknew it before the Earth was created.

= God KNOWS the end from the beginning, regarding everything..

However that is not God CAUSING It, and that is where John Calvin and his deceived people, do not "get it"... so they lost the track, and end up off the course and into the darkness.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lower Ooga Booga no longer exists. After they had eaten a succession of missionaries, the Inquisition pretty much decimated the population. What used to be Lower Ooga Booga is now a Walmart distribution center in the SE corner of Kenya. Tragic.
Reminds me of an elephant joke.

What's the black stuff between an elephant's toes?
Slow running natives.

What's the pink stuff between an elephant's toes?
Slow running missionaries.

/

• Haha
Reactions: O'Darby

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, but I do think we all tend to fall in love with our own ideas. I try to view my own from the perspective of "This is a way of thinking about" whatever the mystery may be - a way that resonates with me, that I am capable of believing.

Sorry, I just saw that I left out the word "don't" in saying, "I [don't] do much opinion or mere belief here." I corrected/edited it.

But, yes, we do and should all proceed along in the what you have described...so long as we remember, or better yet, expect that God sends some with words from Him, and has done so down through all of history. At some point it would be good if we didn't just stone them. But that does not look like what will happen, ever, in this world.