Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is clear--God sent one named Jesus as a mortal. One cannot send themselves. And proof is at Rev 1:1--a revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to him--- see 2 beings there, one is God one is Jesus-There is only 1 God.
One cannot send themselves? Why do you believe that?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One cannot send themselves? Why do you believe that?
Jesus is clear at John 17:3-- This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.-- 2 points all who understand english clearly see-1) The Father is the only true God Jesus said-2)THE Only true God sent the being named Jesus as a mortal.
When ones teachers do not match what Jesus teaches--RUN FROM THEM. Your translations are filled with errors that contradict Jesus.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is clear at John 17:3-- This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.-- 2 points all who understand english clearly see-1) The Father is the only true God Jesus said-2)THE Only true God sent the being named Jesus as a mortal.
When ones teachers do not match what Jesus teaches--RUN FROM THEM. Your translations are filled with errors that contradict Jesus.
I don't think there are two (or three) Gods.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No originals are around. Catholicism translated the Vulgate and the Greek Lexicons.
So did Wycliffe in 1382, and thats still around. The New Heart English Bible a recent translation of the original text. I don't know where you get its not around anymore. New scripture is still being found even today.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think there are two (or three) Gods.
I hope not, i hope you believe Jesus over the translating errors translated in by the religion that came out of Rome to fit their false council teaching that God is a trinity, he never was.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did Wycliffe in 1382, and thats still around. The New Heart English Bible a recent translation of the original text. I don't know where you get its not around anymore. New scripture is still being found even today.
Wycliffe only had Catholicism translating( NT) at that point, no originals remained.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope not, i hope you believe Jesus over the translating errors translated in by the religion that came out of Rome to fit their false council teaching that God is a trinity, he never was.
I believe God is one person who does three things - he is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It's like my dad was a husband, father, son, lawyer, etc.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God is one person who does three things - he is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It's like my dad was a husband, father, son, lawyer, etc.
Then you are mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. YHWH(Jehovah) = the Abrahamic God= a single being God-always was and always will be.

Reactions: Wrangler

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you go to the exclamation that is not even a sentence.
My "exclamation" was not in the quote! I simply quote Thomas who knew Jesus personally. Should I believe you or Thomas? Who are you?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1822 A. Kneeland translated the NT and compared Greek to English side by side so all could see- a god small g belongs in the last line at John 1:1--19 other translations had a god, 3 had was divine--all rejected by trinity clergys because truth exposes them as falsereligion.
Kneeland? Never heard of her. Give us a link and I'll prove you're wrong.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "exclamation" was not in the quote! I simply quote Thomas who knew Jesus personally. Should I believe you or Thomas? Who are you?
It is not your exclamation but Thomas’. You ought to be educated enough to not merely believe but know an exclamation is not a statement of fact.

When people see a horrible car crash and they exclaim, ‘Oh my God!’ They are not literally claiming the person in the car accident is the Creator of the universe.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not your exclamation but Thomas’. You ought to be educated enough to not merely believe but know an exclamation is not a statement of fact.

When people see a horrible car crash and they exclaim, ‘Oh my God!’ They are not literally claiming the person in the car accident is the Creator of the universe.
So you're saying Thomas was wrong and your opinion overrules Scripture.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're saying Thomas was wrong and your opinion overrules Scripture.
I think you know that is not what I’m saying at all.

You do realize the Bible is a highly figurative book, right? Do you believe Peter is Satan because Jesus called him Satan?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you know that is not what I’m saying at all.

You do realize the Bible is a highly figurative book, right? Do you believe Peter is Satan because Jesus called him Satan?
I know you're twisting Scripture. Your opinions do not overrule our Bible.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wycliffe only had Catholicism translating( NT) at that point, no originals remained.
No originals remained how is that known to be legit?

Wycliffe did use Jerome's Latin version but also the Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic translations. A English translation for those beyond the church walls. The catholics were not happy about it at all to the point of digging up his body and taking the remains from the cemetery, kind of immature to say the least.

I found this info below interesting,

The New Testament has been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work of literature, with over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts catalogued, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian. The dates of these manuscripts range from c. 125 (the 52 papyrus, oldest copy of John fragments) to the introduction of printing in Germany in the 15th century.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No originals remained how is that known to be legit?

Wycliffe did use Jerome's Latin version but also the Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic translations. A English translation for those beyond the church walls. The catholics were not happy about it at all to the point of digging up his body and taking the remains from the cemetery, kind of immature to say the least.

I found this info below interesting,

The New Testament has been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work of literature, with over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts catalogued, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian. The dates of these manuscripts range from c. 125 (the 52 papyrus, oldest copy of John fragments) to the introduction of printing in Germany in the 15th century.
When the protestants translated, they only had Catholicism translating to use. Possibly other things were found after that. Catholicism didnt allow any translating until the 1300,s-all originals were gone, all you mentioned used Catholicism translating.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the protestants translated, they only had Catholicism translating to use. Possibly other things were found after that. Catholicism didnt allow any translating until the 1300,s-all originals were gone, all you mentioned used Catholicism translating.
If you look into it Wycliffe used other sources also. That's why the catholics got so mad at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.