Is the kingdom of God within me, too?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Qur’an refers to....

That's not the Real God of creattion... the god of islam denies Jesus Christ as Lord and claims God never had a Son and if He did He certainly did not die on a cross.

The religion of islam is not of the true God... this is a Christian forum so I'd imagine more will chime in telling you the same thing.

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
Currently you have your wagon hitched to the wrong horse!

But, if you are certain and confident you are serving the real god... then when the future gets here, you'll find out. View attachment 39784

Mankind is without excuse! (Romans 1:20)
The following was written by an Anglican subscriber – by the name of Invictus – in an Anglican forum (in answer to a fellow Anglican):

‘If you ask a Muslim, “is God the one who revealed Himself to Abraham?”, he would say, “yes, this is who God is”.

‘A Christian (or a Jew) would say the same.

‘If you ask a Muslim, “is God the one who gave Moses the Law at Sinai?”, he would say, “yes that is who God is”.

‘A Christian (or a Jew) would say the same.

‘If you ask a Muslim, “is God the one who sent Jesus, the Messiah?”, he would say, “yes, that is who God is”.

‘A Christian would say the same.

‘Likewise, if you ask a Muslim, “is God omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal, and ever the same?”, he would say, “yes, those are God’s attributes”.

‘If you ask a Muslim, “is God the creator, upholder, ruler, and judge of the world, in this life and next?”, he would say, “yes, those are God’s attributes”.

‘(….) …. on what grounds do you claim that the object of worship in Christianity and Islam consists of different Gods? That doesn’t make any sense.’

Agreed.

As for my future: I can only repeat;

The Beloved (Exalted is He) knows best.

Blessings.

• Love
Reactions: A shy girl Chloë
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
I am a Muslim.

One more time:

Whereabouts in the Qur'an does it mention 72 virgins?

Blessings.

My dear friend Niblo,

As-salamu alaykum. :)

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies
for not reading your profile carefully enough.

Because I have never even opened the Holy book of Qur'an,
I am simply not qualified at all to answer any questions
regarding the contents of the Holy book of Qur'an,
like your important question, my dear friend Niblo.

Because your question is very important to World Peace
and to the Interfaith Dialog, I think we ought to clarify it
in the following separate dedicated thread :

www.christianityboard.com/threads/whereabouts-in-the-quran-does-it-mention-72-virgins.60465

Reactions: Niblo

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
That's not the Real God of creattion... the god of islam denies Jesus Christ as Lord and claims God never had a Son and if He did He certainly did not die on a cross.

The religion of islam is not of the true God... this is a Christian forum so I'd imagine more will chime in telling you the same thing.
‘This section had been created for the purpose of non Christians and/or other faiths to discuss their particular beliefs. Christians may reply to their threads as long as they are relevant to the "Interfaith Discussion" section.’ (Angelina: Christianity Board Forum Rules’; my emphasis).

Blessings.

• Love
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Greetings,

Concerning the Myth of the 72 Virgins:

The Qur’an refers to Heaven as ‘al-janna’, meaning ‘the garden’. It is the home of the righteous; the home of Peace.

M.A.S. Abdel Haleem – King Fahd Professor of Islamic Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London – writes:

‘Full knowledge of the real nature of the rewards of the righteous, the Qur’an says, ‘is kept hidden’, it has not been given to any human. The same verbal form is used in Arabic to negate such knowledge – la ta‘lamu – applies to the present and to the future: fa lā ta‘lamu nafsun mā ‘ukhfiya lahum min qurrati a‘yūnin' (No soul knows what joy is laid up for them secretly as a reward for what they were doing.)

‘No discomfort or ill health will result from eating and drinking there. The drink is pure. It neither dulls their senses nor causes intoxication (37:47); it causes no headaches (56:19); it is ‘a cup which does not lead to any idle talk or sin’ (52:23).

‘In these pleasing surroundings stand ‘good, peaceful homes’ (9:72) with ‘lofty dwellings built for them, one above the other, graced with flowing streams’ (39:20). There are detailed descriptions of these goodly dwellings (e.g. 55:52–72; 56:15–34; and 88:13–16) – raised couches upholstered in brocade, goblets placed ready, cushions arranged and carpets outspread. We see the dwellers in pleasant company: ‘they will enter perpetual gardens, along with their righteous ancestors, spouses, and descendants’ (13:23; and 52:20–1) adorned in green silk. They sit on couches in a relaxed manner, engaged in pleasant conversation, recalling happy memories, absorbed in rejoicing; their faces shining, laughing and joyous (80:38–9).

‘There is no overt mention in the Qur’an of sex taking place between spouses in janna, although the relationship is lawful between spouses and the Qur’an does not shy away from mentioning it in the context of this world. The mutual love (‘uruban) between spouses in the garden (56:37–8) epitomises the most fulfilling aspect of the relationship between spouses as expressed in the Qur’an: ‘Another of His signs is that He created spouses from among yourselves for you to live with in tranquillity: He ordained love and kindness between you (30:21).’ (‘Understanding the Qur’an – Themes and Style’).

The notion that martyrs in Heaven will be given seventy-two virgins is not found in the Qur’an.

Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) says:

‘But those mindful of Allāh will be in a safe place amid Gardens and springs, clothed in silk and fine brocade, facing one another: and we shall marry them to fair ones having beautiful eyes.’ (Al-Dukhan: 52-54).

The text ‘and we shall marry them to fair ones having beautiful eyes’ renders: ‘wazawwajnāhum biḥūrin ʿīnin.’

Sūrah ‘Al-Tur: 20; says likewise:

‘…..and we shall marry them to fair ones having beautiful eyes (‘wazawwajnāhum biḥūrin ʿīnin.)’

In these ʾāyāt the word biḥūrin comes from ‘ḥūri’; and can be applied to both men and women.

In other words, men will marry fair companions who are female; and women will marry fair companions who are male.

Blessings.

My dear friend Niblo,

Thank you so very much for your above post.

However, it is OFF-TOPIC. :)

But, because your first question is very important to World Peace

www.christianityboard.com/threads/whereabouts-in-the-quran-does-it-mention-72-virgins.60465

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
My dear friend Niblo,

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies
for not reading your profile carefully enough.

Because I have never even opened the Holy book of Qur'an,
I am simply not qualified at all to answer any questions
regarding the contents of the Holy book of Qur'an,
like your important question, my dear friend Niblo.

Because your question is very important to World Peace

Wa alaykum s-salāmu wa Rahmatullāhi wa Barakātuhu.

There is no need to apologise, Sister; but I thank you for your kindness.

I have given a reply to my question (Post 40). I hope this clarifies matters.

Blessings

• Love

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No thank you.

Is it a blessing that the board policy established by Christians doesn’t allow discussion of your deity in any of the forums? I don’t think so. I tried to persuade them to allow it but to no avail. I’m sorry. I tried.

Paradoxically, there is no prohibition against discussing my God, the Messiah’s God. That’s a blessing. I’m thankful for it.

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
‘This section had been created for the purpose of non Christians and/or other faiths to discuss their particular beliefs. Christians may reply to their threads as long as they are relevant to the "Interfaith Discussion" section.’ (Angelina: Christianity Board Forum Rules’; my emphasis).

True. :)

But this particular thread was created by me for the purpose of discussing my above question.

But, because your first question is very important to World Peace

Niblo

Jul 16, 2021
Leeds
Faith
Muslim
Country
United Kingdom
  • Love

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus' answer
had been specifically addressed to the Pharisees, and before Jesus was crucified.

Luke 17:
20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come,

The Pharisees understood the kingdom of God only as a kingdom in the future.

he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed,

Jesus tried to correct their understanding of the concept of the kingdom of God. There is a present aspect and there is a future aspect.

21nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

In the present aspect, the kingdom of God starts in people's hearts, in the midst of people. When people accept Jesus as Lord and King, he becomes a member of the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is where Jesus rules as king. He rules in people's hearts.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344

View attachment 39717

“Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, and he answered, “The kingdom of God will not come with things that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” — Luke 17:20–21

Is the kingdom of God within me, too?​

The indication is that we all are born out of or from God. Which, yes, means you too have come out from God. The point being...that because our roots stem from that place of God; and because we are told and learn by our own experience here, that this lesser existence is as if we are walking dead to which we eventually succumb; that unless we choose to return to what is greater, even eternal--we will not, but indeed will succumb to this collision course ending in death.

• Love

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Love
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
@Niblo
ALLAH, the god of Islam, denies Jesus Christ as Lord and claims God never had a son.

@Big Boy Johnson WOW!!!

I see you have been chatting with ALLAH,
and ALLAH told you that He has never had a son? :)

ALLAH
is NOT the god of Islam.

ALLAH is an Arabic name given to the One True Almighty God, the God of Abraham.

According to Pope Francis, Yahweh and YHWH are NOT Christian names of God.

Pope Francis Orders Vatican Archives to Reveal God’s Name Ending Centuries of Secrecy

by R. HOBBUS J.D.

VATICAN CITY - Speaking before a delegation of Jewish leaders at the Vatican on Thursday, Pope Francis revealed he has instructed the Vatican Secret Archives to unseal a set of ancient scrolls that have been kept hidden from public knowledge for centuries by the Church. The scrolls, which were encased in marble and buried in 463 A.D., are said to contain the true name of God as communicated to Moses in the Book of Exodus.

The Pope told an audience during an event celebrating a new version of the Torah that his decision to upend over fifteen hundred years of secrecy was driven in part by a need for “greater transparency” within the Catholic Church. “It is a scandal to say one thing and do another,” declared Pope Francis before adding that the Church is “leading a double life” by continuing to keep God’s name secret.

A source inside the Vatican Secret Archives told Sky News that the Church first became aware of the scrolls’ existence in the fifth century. “The scrolls were uncovered by the Romans during siege of Jerusalem and the subsequent destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Nearly four centuries came to pass before Rome would hand over control of the scrolls to the Church in 463 A.D.,” the source explained. “Upon inspection, Pope St. Hilarius issued a decree striking any mention of God’s name from official Church literature.”

According to Exodus 3:14, when the Lord appeared to Moses as a burning bush, He referred to Himself in the Hebrew tongue as “Yaweh,” meaning, “I am who I am.” However, the Holy See now says that was only part of God’s message to Moses, the Vatican source told Sky News. “He then followed up with, ‘And I am [ true name ].’ That final word is what the Holy See plans to make known to the world.”

As to why the Catholic Church has gone to such great lengths to keep God’s true name a secret remains unknown. What is clear is that the Papacy has maintained an unbroken chain of communication in regards to the matter dating back to 468 A.D. “In keeping with tradition, each successive Pope since Hilarius has been made aware of the Lord’s name,” Vatican spokesman Greg Burke confirmed on Friday.

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
The indication is that we all are born out of or from God. Which, yes, means you too have come out from God. The point being...that because our roots stem from that place of God; and because we are told and learn by our own experience here, that this lesser existence is as if we are walking dead to which we eventually succumb; that unless we choose to return to what is greater, even eternal--we will not, but indeed will succumb to this collision course ending in death.
I agree with you, Scott. :)

I've learnt about multiple translations, and that the more
popular one is "among", instead of "within".

I guess that the main objection is : How could the kingdom of God
possibly be "within" these Pharisees?

My question is: How could the kingdom of God
possibly be "among" these Pharisees?

In my humble opinion, the most important question, in the context
of Luke 17:20–21, and also considering the fact that Jesus the Christ
had said that to these Pharisees before his resurrection, is :

OBJECTION --

How could the kingdom of God possibly be "among"
anybody else than Jesus' closest disciples,
because at this moment there were no Christians yet. :)

The way I see it, there are two reasons why the "within"
is correct, and the "among" is wrong in Luke 17:20–21 only.

If we assume, despite the above OBJECTION, that what Jesus the Christ
meant was that the kingdom of God were to be among these Pharisees,
then we could also say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’
because the kingdom of God would have come with things
that can be observed, like with these Pharisees and a place where they are:
‘ Look, the kingdom of God is there, among these Pharisees! ’

Because, as Jesus the Christ said, the kingdom of God will not come
with things that can be observed, then in my humble opinion,
it will come to us un-observed, hidden deep within us,
the baptized Christians, exactly like it is illustrated in
the Parable of the Leaven :

Yeast.jpg

The Parable of the Leaven speaks about the kingdom of Heaven,
and not about the kingdom of God. Is the kingdom of Heaven
something else than the kingdom of God?

I doubt.

God lives in Heaven, and therefore Heaven is the kingdom of God. :)

From GOTQUESTIONS.org : " In the current age, the kingdom
of Heaven is spiritual, existing within the hearts of believers. "

So, why Jesus the Christ said that the kingdom of God
already is within these Pharisees?

In my humble opinion, it is because all humans, without exception,
have a God-given soul, which isn't a thing that can be observed.

However, this God-given soul within these Pharisees, and within
all non-Christians, as a "Passport to the Heavenly Kingdom of God"
still needs to be stamped with the "Permanent Resident Visa"
by Jesus within our heart, for our inner journey to be fully successful.

www.christianityboard.com/threads/is-the-kingdom-of-god-within-me-too.60435/post-1743749/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you have been chatting with ALLAH,

No, I don't speak to spirits on the dark side.

ALLAH is an Arabic name given to the One True Almighty God, the God of Abraham.

According to Pope Francis, Yahweh and YHWH are NOT Christian names of God.

Well enjoy following aller and that francis guy.... in the end we'll see who ends up where.

• Haha
Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada

So, what had happened with all the people who had died before Christ Jesus was born?