Is the messiah the father himself in flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible from the beginning to the end wants to say that the messiah is the father himself in the flesh.
Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.
this is 2100% correct, not a second person who is separate and distinct from him... no, but the same person "EQUALLY SHARED" in flesh

I believe in two persons united as ONE God.

I don't believe that instance like Christ's baptism are God is doing some egotistical ventriloquism with "this is my beloved Son", or Christ talking disassoicately about himself, or anything like that. To me, those just not make any sense logically or in any other way.
ok, so please tell us, before they was united, was they individual Gods before they was united? yes, or No.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, so please tell us, before they was united, was they individual Gods before they was united? yes, or No.
"
This question doesn't make sense. God has alway been and always been God. There's no "before" then.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's difficult for the untrained to know the differences between the Persons of the Trinity, but they remain eternally distinct, because in the history of these Persons they functioned separately. They certainly were united in one Divine Substance, but as independent Persons they played roles that require that we distinguish between them. They interacted--therefore, we cannot treat them as if they interacted with themselves!
I have one question for you, if they are eternally distinct, why do the bible say only JESUS is the only eternal one... listen, 1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"
1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

only means: 1. and no one or nothing more besides; solely or exclusively. 2. alone of its or their kind; single or solitary.

now can you explain why the bible say only JESUS has immortality... or he's the only eternal ONE.

looking to hear your reply.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question doesn't make sense. God has alway been and always been God. There's no "before" then.
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, in order to be united then they had to be individual in order to unite.

UNITY: the state of being united or joined as a whole. to be a whole in unity, before the unity they had to be a individual, else the term unity fails.

PICJAG

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, if one place where word of God is in ERROR then all of his word is in ERROR.

and in John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 is either in ERROR or the TRUTH.

and for the Last time I'm "Diversified Oneness", big difference from the UPC teaching of Oneness.

so it's you who don't understand, and all the scriptures prove it. you might want to go back and study

PICJAG
no the Father sent the Son as all the passages declare which I posted, the Father did not send the FATHER.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, in order to be united then they had to be individual in order to unite.

UNITY: the state of being united or joined as a whole. to be a whole in unity, before the unity they had to be a individual, else the term unity fails.

PICJAG
I'm sorry, @101G , but your post makes zero sense to me.

If you choose to believe Oneness, I acknowledge you choice in that regard. I passionately disagree with that stance, but I acknowledge your choice there.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22
let me make myself very clear, listen to the scriptures, Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"Ezekiel 37:17 "And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."

see it now?
no the Father sent the Son as all the passages declare which I posted, the Father did not send the FATHER.
ok, if this is true, then tell us who was sent, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

before you answer, we suggest you look at Isaiah 63:5 first... ok.

PICJAG

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said before I'm not playing who's on first from abbott and castello.....................

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane_Doe22 said:
I believe in two persons united as ONE God.[/Quote\]

I believe that Jesus and his Father are united in a common purpose, but not united as ONE GOD.

Reactions: DNB

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jane_Doe22
let me make myself very clear, listen to the scriptures, Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"Ezekiel 37:17 "And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."
@101G I acknowledge your view and respect your right to believe it.
I also passionately disagree with it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No trinity, but just one God who became flesh?

I was taught in three Gods are one God. The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost each are a God. Although I don't know you can separate the Holy Ghost from either the Father or the Son. Look at this reference to the gods:

Psalm 82

"God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods."

If you read Psalm 82, the entire chapter, which is short, then you get an interesting perspective about gods.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The state of being united or joined as a whole
@101G I acknowledge your view and respect your right to believe it.
I also passionately disagree with it.
first thanks for the reply, second, if you disagree with me, that fine, but if I'm in error then you must prove me wrong.

understand, The state of being united or joined together as a whole is a unity. but before the unity exist, each was separate individual in order to unite
if not there is no UNITY, the term itself cannot apply. Now I gave a scripture to support my position, fine if you disagree, but either you must prove me in ERROR, or acknowledge the truth of the matter. for if you cannot disprove me in ERROR, then that means you're in ERROR.

understand me J, this is no put down, but people souls are at stake here, and the TRUTH must be told. now by definition, if a unity exist, then there had to be separate individual in order to unite, else by definition there is no unity.

Think on these things.

PICJAG

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, if you disagree with me, that fine, but if I'm in error then you must prove me wrong.
No.
I can acknowledge your stance and share mine respectfully. Getting out the "I'm right and you're wrong and I'm going to beat you until you submit" club is totally unnecessary. I also dispose when people try to use scripture as that club.
but people souls are at stake here
No, nobody is saved by their ability to pass a theology test.

Have a nice day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
I can acknowledge your stance and share mine respectfully. Getting out the "I'm right and you're wrong and I'm going to beat you until you submit" club is totally unnecessary. I also dispose when people try to use scripture as that club.
beating, is that's the way U see it. LOL, no. the TRUTH stands, scripture, Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

see either you're correct, or I, else we cannot walk together, not in Christ. so either of our oponion is useless, but the truty is only the substance. so the fight is not with you, nor me, but our IGNORANCE TO THE TRUTH.

again, as I said, if I'm in ERROR prove me wrong. now I have gave proof that a unity do not exist by definition if what is united or Joined is first separate, else it's not a unity. now is this true or not. don't get personl, acknowledge the truth, not 101G. I didn't write the definition of UNITY. see agree with the definition, not 101G. it's just that simple.

see people take thing too personal, argue for truth and not argue with the person.

PICJAG

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beating, is that's the way U see it. LOL, no. the TRUTH stands, scripture, Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

see either you're correct, or I, else we cannot walk together, not in Christ. so either of our oponion is useless, but the truty is only the substance. so the fight is not with you, nor me, but our IGNORANCE TO THE TRUTH.

again, as I said, if I'm in ERROR prove me wrong. now I have gave proof that a unity do not exist by definition if what is united or Joined is first separate, else it's not a unity. now is this true or not. don't get personl, acknowledge the truth, not 101G. I didn't write the definition of UNITY. see agree with the definition, not 101G. it's just that simple.

see people take thing too personal, argue for truth and not argue with the person.

PICJAG
If you want to go to some combative war, you can go do that.
I'll stay right here, and respectfully disagree with you. I find no value in such combativeness.

Have a nice day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, nobody is saved by their ability to pass a theology test.

If you want to go to some combative war, you can go do that.
I'll stay right here, and respectfully disagree with you. I find no value in such combativeness.

Have a nice day.

it's amazing the defense that christian, I mean christian, put up when they cannot accept a truth.

see J there is no theology test, the answers are already given. so there is no test. nor is their any combat between christian.

the only test, or combat is this, "ACKNOWLEDGING THE TRUTH". if christian did that then there will be no division.

PICJAG

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing the defense that christian, I mean christian, put up when they cannot accept a truth.

see J there is no theology test, the answers are already given. so there is no test. nor is their any combat between christian.

the only test, or combat is this, "ACKNOWLEDGING THE TRUTH". if christian did that then there will be no division.

PICJAG
@101G : again, I'm not interested in arguing and don't find it productive in any way.
Have a nice day.

Reactions: ChristisGod

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught as a child that Jesus and God the Father were different,.. but now I think it's more like God has three separate beings. Creator, spirit, and flesh all being the same entity though. I could be wrong,.. I'm still a bit confused. :confused:

Reactions: dev553344

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@101G : again, I'm not interested in arguing and don't find it productive in any way.
Have a nice day.
neither am I, I only asked you to acknowledge the TRUTH, not 101G. as said don't argue with 101G, argue for the truth. if what I presented on unity is truth your only response is to acknowledge, or else disprove what I said, not by attack 101G, but presenting truth. for truth will stand.

PICJAG

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No trinity, but just one God who became flesh?

No Christ is separate yet still the same God. God the Father is God, He is not the Son. God the Son is God, yet He is not the Father. God the Holy Spirit is God, yet He is not the Father nor the Son. All three are the Same God. This may help:

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.
Athanasian Creed - Wikipedia

Reactions: dev553344